Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer  (Read 2559 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 04:03 PM »

Murray is emerging on the scene now that Nadal is away...once the king of clay returns...Murray will be placed under check...Old man Fed face has done enough...it's really over 4 him.....Djoker.....now let's see what happens..... it's Murray time until and if Nadal does ever return 100%.
But remember how Andy dismissed the king of clay in Japan last year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Murray is emerging on the scene now that Nadal is away...once the king of clay returns...Murray will be placed under check...Old man Fed face has done enough...it's really over 4 him.....Djoker.....now let's see what happens..... it's Murray time until and if Nadal does ever return 100%.

I suspect you are trying to provoke, so I'll just say this. Do you want to bet?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 04:06 PM »

Oh Andy, I'm deeply ashamed of having any doubts.   Embarassed
Congrats to those brave enough to go for Andy in 2. clap
Best moment? That brilliant body serve and Fed's tetchy response. Fingers and tongue.
10-8 and definitely counting. Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 04:06 PM »

What I want to know is: technically, does this count as beating Federer indoors?

I doubt it, but come on, patience, we can wait for Paris for that lol.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 04:28 PM »

Andy Murray will not worry about RN return to the tennis tour at his best Andy can beat RN except on clay,but then not many players can beat RN on clay.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 04:31 PM »

I wanna see the post-match interview Frown
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Well done, Andy and as usual an excellent report, Nigel.

There is no doubt that Andy is under Federer's skin and the 10-8 statistics show it. For a long time he has shown how much he dislikes playing against Andy

In addition, Federer is starting to show his 31 years and it's becoming obvious that he, Federer is on the way down. Yes he is still number uno, but for how much longer? Have a gut feeling that he will retire in 2013.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Can't understand Federer these days.  He has no game plan - like when Andy was pinning him deep in his backhand court he kept trying to hit his way out of it.  Should have chipped it back deep to get back court position but maybe he knows his game isn't good enough against the top guys.

I can see Federer playing on till he drops out of the top 4.  Could be a while yet as he's still good enough to be no.4 for another year or 2.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 04:52 PM »

A match which I thoroughly enjoyed...those killing returns were just jaw dropping.
Hope those are back for the finals too!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Can't understand Federer these days.  He has no game plan - like when Andy was pinning him deep in his backhand court he kept trying to hit his way out of it.  Should have chipped it back deep to get back court position but maybe he knows his game isn't good enough against the top guys.

I can see Federer playing on till he drops out of the top 4.  Could be a while yet as he's still good enough to be no.4 for another year or 2.
I think he's so arrogant that he believes he doesn't need one. That was in effect what the comms were saying, though without the arrogant bit of course.  Said he just trusts his instincts to know what shots to play.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 04:54 PM »

Can't understand Federer these days.  He has no game plan - like when Andy was pinning him deep in his backhand court he kept trying to hit his way out of it.  Should have chipped it back deep to get back court position but maybe he knows his game isn't good enough against the top guys.

I can see Federer playing on till he drops out of the top 4.  Could be a while yet as he's still good enough to be no.4 for another year or 2.

Yeah, Federer is actually getting sluggish now and his shot selection and returns are good but not good enough to win the matches against top guys..that is why he falls in the last hurdle. Still surprised how he won the wimbledon.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 04:55 PM »

I wanna see the post-match interview Frown
It's on the ATP site under video's on demand.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 05:03 PM »

It's on the ATP site under video's on demand.
yay it is thanks
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/13/Shanghai-2012-Saturday-Interview-Murray.aspx
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 05:11 PM »

thanks for posting laundry.  Andy v respectful of both smugfed and nole, as ever
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 05:12 PM »

Thanks for the link laundry..
He said his legs felt like jelly in that amazing rally!!
[ Last edit by ZARFEEN15 October 13, 2012, 05:15 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply