Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer

(Read 2943 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16 PM »

I would like to tune in in everything that has been said here: initial worries about his state of health, a victory vs. Fed is the sweetest, poor mind games by Fed instead of a game plan, marvellous returns against three unseen double faults in a row, pathetic (Chinese) crowd. Murray at his best, thank you for an entertaining afternoon. Unfortunately, I will not be able to watch the final. Let's hope he can continue his run. If not, it will not be a big disaster for me personally.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16 PM »

I enjoyed watching that match so much. Excellent report Nigel. Andy chewed him up and spat him out - he made him look like a player in the 10-20 in the world range  not No.1 - oh how I loved it and those superb shots he executed. He's a future No.1 which he and Novak will compete for over the next couple of years and we will all enjoy his wonderful game play.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Hi All,

It seems to me that Federer can't deal with an Andy Murray who will not back down or go back in to his shell anymore. I think it's been plain for a long while that Andy has had the skills to bother Federer, but now, at least it seems to me, he has the mindset to beat him too. That has to be a blow to Federer, who likes to think he has the mental edge over all his opponents.

Federer looks his age when he plays Andy now. Today he looked a bit slow out there, both physically and mentally. It's as if he trusts his head now more than his legs, but when his head lets him down too, he has no idea. He had no plan B to go to today, but that's only because he is so arrogant he thinks he doesn't need one.

At the risk of counting my chickens, I rather hope Federer gets to just one more Wimbledon final, with Andy as his opponent. My feeling is that the result would be rather different to this year.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Yes it's obvious Federer doesn't like playing Andy.

On the subject of mindset, apart from the whole match itself, how crap was Federer in the final game?  After such a long delay we all wondered who'd come out the stronger, who would have the best rythym but Federer offered nothing and hit 3 crap shots into the net
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 05:23 PM »

I really wanna watch a match between Andy and Rafa. Rafa is one guy who dominates so badly in Andy's match and with Andy improvement, I wanna see how he changes the stats..
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 05:42 PM »

If Andy wins tomorrow he will be 1300 points behind Federer. The race for the number 2 spot between him and Federer would get very interesting, given they are both due to close their seasons with successive tournaments in Basel, Paris and London. Even if it doesn't happen at the end of this year, Federer has masses of points to defend early next year too.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 05:42 PM »

Federer has now lost 40 times to Murray, Nadal and Djokovic. He's won only 34 times. Interesting.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Outstanding report, Nigel.

My fave part: "..Federer quaking like a Persian kitten in Battersea Dogs’ Home."
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 05:44 PM »

If Andy wins tomorrow, he'll level up the H2H with Nole at 8-8.  yay
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Federer has now lost 40 times to Murray, Nadal and Djokovic. He's won only 34 times. Interesting.

Yet he's the GOAT....
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Hmmm.  Interesting indeed.
If Federer had been 5 years younger he certainly wouldn't have won 17 Slams - maybe 7 or 8
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Fed needs to hang up his racquet...
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Federer should probably retire sooner or later. There are only so many times he can come back and get to number 1/wins slams. If he stays on too long he risks doing a Schumacher and taking the gloss off his career.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 05:46 PM »

A tremendous report Nigel.  clap for a sublime performance by Andy.

Loved the headline; "Chinese torture". Oh how I laughed  lmao
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #44 on: October 13, 2012, 05:52 PM »

If Andy wins tomorrow, he'll level up the H2H with Nole at 8-8.  yay
I really hope he comes out with a good match plan against Novak, he was looking on top form today.
 cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »