Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer

(Read 3224 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #60 on: October 13, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Ace report, as always Nigel.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Had to check out before the very end, thanks to all the raindrops malarkey, but, bless us all, Andy did it! Well done, Andy!   yay   & good luck for Sunday!   cmon yeah
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 07:56 PM »

What I want to know is: technically, does this count as beating Federer indoors?

I dont think so.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #63 on: October 13, 2012, 08:01 PM »

And where do you rank? lol
I don't know, I would hope to say I'm in the top ten million.
[ Last edit by laundry October 13, 2012, 08:11 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #64 on: October 13, 2012, 08:04 PM »

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #65 on: October 13, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Excellent!  Always playing it down.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #66 on: October 13, 2012, 08:37 PM »

Brilliant win today, assured, calm, confident and did not fall for RF's games.  I think a while ago I posted that my youngest son once came home with Roger Federer t-shirt purely for the purpose of winding me up of course. This t-shirt is now used as a toilet cleaning cloth which I always used with such vigour after an RF defeat.  Well now due to the changing of the guard an RF defeat seems to be a thing of the past so guess what cleaned my toilet today with the RF t-shirt (just really in tribute to Andy's performance) and am proud to share it is very very very clean and shiny - RF merchandise perfect for those troublesome cleaning tasks!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #67 on: October 13, 2012, 09:30 PM »

Oh lol did u guys see this?:
“It’s been an OK week overall. I played all right. I didn’t play great. But I did come here and reach the 300 weeks. I guess I have to be happy with that. I wish I could have played better tonight against Andy and pushed him further, even though it was somewhat close. I know as well that it could have gone the other way as well, it could have been even more one sided. I tried hard, and that’s all I could do tonight.”

Must admit I snorted with laughter. Whistle
Close shocking
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 10:35 PM »

And anyway contradicting himself: 'it could have been even more one sided' sounds like an admission it was one sided [while being somewhat close??]   Oh dear he can't even speak straight now either Andy has so got inside his head.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 10:58 PM »

'It was a strange match, in which the scoreline — particularly the first set — didn’t reflect the extent to which Murray seemed to be dominant, while at one and the same time, not playing particularly well. The defending champion’s forehand flickered in and out...'

Hannah Wilks? Hannah Wilks? Who the hell is Hannah Wilks? Get Tignor on the case.

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/10/shanghai-murray-d-federer/39762/#.UHnjZ2enKSo
IP Logged
alisonfiner

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 11:07 PM »

I just want to say wow what a performance from Andy.  Played a great match, with some outrageous jaw-dropping returns and great serving.  I enjoyed seeing Fed being broken from 40 love up in the 2nd.  I say bring on tomorrow's final.  Then the WTF and I think we'll see Murray beating Fed indoors and hopefully winning the title at the O2 to end a great season.
[ Last edit by alisonfiner October 13, 2012, 11:12 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #71 on: October 14, 2012, 01:26 AM »

Thanks, laundry. I just posted Fed's on the match thread, but will put it here too in case folks miss it. I'm sure most will want to see it lol

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/10/13/Shanghai-2012-Saturday-Interview-Federer.aspx
And anyway contradicting himself: 'it could have been even more one sided' sounds like an admission it was one sided [while being somewhat close??]   Oh dear he can't even speak straight now either Andy has so got inside his head.
Sorry - one shouldn't mock the afflicted Very Happy but what happened to the usual suave, smoothe-talking Roger Federer?  I've never seen him so discomfited in an interview before.  Yes he had served 3 DFs in one game before ... err, like when he was 9 years old? Rolling Eyes

Chalk and cheese.  Typical Andy - just tells it how it is.  No frills, no excuses.  Hope he did manage to escape the arena as quickly as he could and got the rest he needs for today.  It must have been about 11 pm in Shanghai by then, so given all the things Andy has to do after matches he probably didn't get to bed until after 1 am.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #72 on: October 14, 2012, 02:21 AM »

'It was a strange match, in which the scoreline — particularly the first set — didn’t reflect the extent to which Murray seemed to be dominant, while at one and the same time, not playing particularly well. The defending champion’s forehand flickered in and out...'

Hannah Wilks? Hannah Wilks? Who the hell is Hannah Wilks? Get Tignor on the case.

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/10/shanghai-murray-d-federer/39762/#.UHnjZ2enKSo
Hannah Wilks is ... well, a frequent contributor to tennis.com - http://www.tennis.com/news/list/hannah-wilks/

Can also be followed on Twitter - https://twitter.com/newballsplease - where she's intriguingly described as a "Lapsed blogger.  Not Sue Barker."  Certainly from her photo there is a resemblance to Sue, so have people been thinking Hannah Wilks is Sue Barker's pseudonym?  Don't think she's a PseudoBarker though.

Had a look at her tweets.  Very strange some of them - Hannah Wilks ‏@newballsplease. "Yep. RT @scoobschris: Roger will hold, Andy will crack and Roger will win 46 60 60. Book it."   "Federer up 40-0 and Murray finds his cross-court forehand again. This match ... it puzzles me."   "Out of nowhere, a break for Murray. He hasn't even played that well but that's incredible mental resilience." 
IP Logged
Matthew R Giese
Hair Treatment « Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03 AM »

A blog like yours should be earning much money from adsense.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray inflicts Chinese torture on Federer « Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 07:58 AM »

The fact that Andy wasn't playing his best - apart from those scintillating returns - makes the way he crushed smugfed and disoriented him all the sweeter.   I think Andy's serve and fh will need to be better today to beat nole.  Might be asking too much given he'll probably be tired with the bronchial infection and latish night last night.  But then I had no hopes yesterday and look what happened then.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »