Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year

(Read 2719 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « on: December 04, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Andy Murray has been named the BBC Scotland Sport Nation Sportsperson of the Year for 2012.

The panel of Sport Nation experts chose Murray over the other candidates, Sir Chris Hoy, Paul Lawrie, Katharine Grainger and Ricky Burns.

"It's been a great year for Scottish sport, the best year of my career so thank you very much to those that voted, I'm very proud," Murray said.

In other news, Murray has been included in the latest edition of the Who’s Who directory. At 25, the Scot is one of the youngest people ever to appear.
[ Last edit by Mark March 31, 2013, 01:15 PM ] IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 08:45 PM »

Strong contenders but the panel made the right decision.  Well done Andy!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:09 PM »

Well done Andy clap Good to see him getting the recognition he deserves for this years achievements Smile
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Missed the programme but will catch up on Iplayer.    So pleased that Scotland recognises Andy's quality.    Well done son.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 10:31 AM »

It was a good review but it's odd that they didn't mention Andy's silver medal.  Andy and Laura worked hard for that but the media seems to have forgotten about it!
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 12:27 PM »

It was a good review but it's odd that they didn't mention Andy's silver medal.  Andy and Laura worked hard for that but the media seems to have forgotten about it!

I agree, Alis - and you'd think that winning 2 medals in one day is a brilliant achievement in itself.
I don't know if anyone else managed that, did they?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Good to see Andy getting this recognition in Scotland. 
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 02:17 PM »

Well done Andy,it's about time he got some recognition.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25 PM »

I am really happy for him. Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25 PM »

The World No.3 was not able to attend the award ceremony, but he sent a personal message, in which he said, “Hi everyone, I’m so sorry I can’t be with you tonight to collect my award, I’m about to embark on my training block in Miami, basically my pre-season ahead of the Australian Open and with Ivan at the helm, it won’t be pretty!”

He continued, “I always love coming home, Stirling is a place close to my heart, and an award like this means a great deal. I can still remember the homecoming to Dunblane after the US Open win, such an amazing atmosphere, something I’ll never forget. I’m proud to be part of the local community and it’s great that sport is celebrated in this way here in Stirling. I’ll be back up soon though I promise thanks again and here’s to 2013 and sport in Scotland.”
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 03:08 PM »

This is great news, and so richly deserved. Well done lad! clap clap clap clap
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 04:17 PM »

Excellent news, a suitable accolade for Andy's achievements in 2012.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 09:27 PM »

Another award for Andy:

From Mike Dickson - Less than startling result: Andy Murray wins Lawn Tennis Writers Association Award 2012. Special award Jonny Marray. International: the Fed.

While Murray thanked the media in a recorded message, it was mother Judy who accepted the award on his behalf. Thanking the British media for their positive support, Judy also mentioned that the criticisms too were one of the things that has always motivated her son to work even harder.

From PseudoFed: Murray cannot be honored twice just because they write his name again with different spelling #conspiracy http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2012-12-05/201212051354703691198.html
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 07:28 AM »

Absolutely deserves it. Well done Andy!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 02:40 PM »

The World No.3 was not able to attend the award ceremony, but he sent a personal message, in which he said, “Hi everyone, I’m so sorry I can’t be with you tonight to collect my award, I’m about to embark on my training block in Miami, basically my pre-season ahead of the Australian Open and with Ivan at the helm, it won’t be pretty!”

He continued, “I always love coming home, Stirling is a place close to my heart, and an award like this means a great deal. I can still remember the homecoming to Dunblane after the US Open win, such an amazing atmosphere, something I’ll never forget. I’m proud to be part of the local community and it’s great that sport is celebrated in this way here in Stirling. I’ll be back up soon though I promise thanks again and here’s to 2013 and sport in Scotland.”
Very nice message.  
Good to see pseudofed is keeping up -makes me think perhaps he's a Brit?  Actually I seem to remember there have been previous clues to suggest he is [and I just somehow assume it's a he from the writing style]
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »