Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year

(Read 2545 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Mike Dickson on the Lawn Tennis Writers' Association award -

... I am sure that the vast majority working within the Lawn Tennis Writers’ Association would endorse the sentiment that a good working relationship tinged with affection has evolved with Britain’s number one player.

Over the years we have come to understand him better while Andy has doubtless gained more of an appreciation of how our job works – so things have improved to the point that I doubt I was the only one among us supressing some slightly unprofessional emotion when he clinched victory in New York.

Those of us privileged to travel the circuit know first hand just how much work went into the lifting of that trophy. Surely in terms of miles travelled, training hours put in and relentless discipline maintained, no British athlete in this wonderful year of sport has strived harder to achieve their dream, and he is thoroughly deserving of all that comes his way.

More at http://www.ltwa.co.uk/features/andy-murray-main-award-for-services-to-british-tennis/
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Mike Dickson on the Lawn Tennis Writers' Association award -

... I am sure that the vast majority working within the Lawn Tennis Writers’ Association would endorse the sentiment that a good working relationship tinged with affection has evolved with Britain’s number one player.

Over the years we have come to understand him better while Andy has doubtless gained more of an appreciation of how our job works – so things have improved to the point that I doubt I was the only one among us supressing some slightly unprofessional emotion when he clinched victory in New York.

Those of us privileged to travel the circuit know first hand just how much work went into the lifting of that trophy. Surely in terms of miles travelled, training hours put in and relentless discipline maintained, no British athlete in this wonderful year of sport has strived harder to achieve their dream, and he is thoroughly deserving of all that comes his way.

More at http://www.ltwa.co.uk/features/andy-murray-main-award-for-services-to-british-tennis/

Lovely words about our Andy.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Well done to Andy for reciving the award for Scotland's Sportsperson of the year. yay clap
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 06:46 PM »

Really enjoyed the piece by Mike Dickson - even if he does write for the Mail
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 10:12 AM »

Another day, another award. Andy won another Scottish Sports SPOTY yesterday!

Really enjoyed the piece by Mike Dickson - even if he does write for the Mail
Me too Ruthie. I think this must be the speech from the award ceremony, announcing Andy as the winner. I'd imagine the applause was loud and long.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 01:39 PM »

God, I am just soooooooo happy for him!!!!
All this is just AWESOME news...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Really delighted to hear that Andy has received all these accolades especially the BBC Scotland Sport Nation SPOTY.  At least his ain country recognises just how great his achievements this year have been.

Lovely article by Mike Dickson of the Mail (and, yes, at least one person on MW does read it!).  Made me feel all emotional again.

Also nice to see that PF is on the ball as usual!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 10:51 PM »

Really delighted to hear that Andy has received all these accolades especially the BBC Scotland Sport Nation SPOTY.  At least his ain country recognises just how great his achievements this year have been.

Lovely article by Mike Dickson of the Mail (and, yes, at least one person on MW does read it!).  Made me feel all emotional again.

Also nice to see that PF is on the ball as usual!

Couldn't agree more, the true greatness of his achievements are being recognised up here as they should be as he is one of the greatest sportsmen Scotland has ever produced, I just love it when he mentions his pride of Scotland and what his nationality etc. Means to him, sometimes it feels like he has to be so guarded sometimes about the love of his own country.  I notice the Scottish Sports Awards are on STV tomorrow night at 9.40pm. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 11:10 PM »

Couldn't agree more, the true greatness of his achievements are being recognised up here as they should be as he is one of the greatest sportsmen Scotland has ever produced, I just love it when he mentions his pride of Scotland and what his nationality etc. Means to him, sometimes it feels like he has to be so guarded sometimes about the love of his own country.  I notice the Scottish Sports Awards are on STV tomorrow night at 9.40pm. 
I agree MM but the pathetic 'anyone but England' fiasco made Andy very cautious, which is a shame because I don't see why anyone from any of the four nations shouldn't show some pride in their own country as well as GB.

Thanks for the time of the Awards.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 11:19 PM »

Deserved winner of the award!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 11:32 PM »

All a bit confusing, (for me anyway) - but in the last few days Andy has won:

Sportsperson of the Year at Stirling Sports Awards http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/news/murray-named-sportsperson-of-the-year_57019.html

BBC Scotland Sport Nation Sportsperson the of Year http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20596772

and Scottish Sports Personality of the Year http://www.sportscotland.org.uk/news/sportscotland/2012/Sporting_stars_honoured_at_awards_ceremony

Are any of these awards by public vote, or are they all chosen by panels of experts?

IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Andy also won the BBC Scotland SPOTY 2012 ahead of Sir Chris Hoy and Katherine Grainger. On BBC Scotland Saturday night. His mum picked up the award.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 12:29 AM »

Indeed! I should say so.  Well done, Andy! 
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 04:07 PM »

I remember some here thought that Andy would not win.  So happy to read all the articles of his many wins.  Well done Andy you are so deserving!!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray is Scotland's Sportsperson of the Year « Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 08:12 PM »

This truly is good news. I'm made up for Andy, his family and the entire country.

Hurrah for Andy Murray!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »