Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray launches 'Raw Tennis' 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray launches 'Raw Tennis'

(Read 586 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray launches 'Raw Tennis' « on: November 30, 2005, 01:21 PM »

Source: SportingLife
Andrew Murray has launched the Lawn Tennis Association's 'raw tennis' initiative designed to encourage more teenagers to play the sport.

The initiative was unveiled on a court set up on the third floor of a car park in Soho, London, where a group of youngsters performed tricks, fitness exercises and quick fire-team competitions to music.

Murray said:
Raw tennis is a great idea. It's a good way to get players involved in the sport and keep them involved. They learn different things to work on like tricks which can improve your performance.

It's not like regular tennis where you wear white. It also helps remove the image that tennis is an upper-class sport.

It's definitely something I would like to have done when I was younger. I think I would have been playing it every day after school.

- Full Story (sportinglife.com)
- BBC Video: Andy Murray on 'Raw Tennis'

Today's Other News
Mark Petchey (Murray's coach), has given the BBC an interview which you can listen to here.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Murray launches 'Raw Tennis' « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 07:15 PM »

Love the video...
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray launches 'Raw Tennis' « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:43 AM »

From the Telegraph....

"Other teenagers can relate to Murray. You could hardly have imagined Tim Henman disclosing, as Murray did, that he would like to be trapped in a lift with Beyonce, the pop singer, or that he listens to rap music on his iPod.

And Murray was certainly dressed appropriately for the occasion, with a hooded top and his head of curly brown hair gloriously unkempt and seemingly uncut for months."

Beyonce eh? eye-eye Wink
'gloriously unkempt'.....roflmao oh dear.....i fear the press are siding with julia and annie.....
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray launches 'Raw Tennis' « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 08:23 PM »

roflmao Great article Laura.. im not fond of the getting stuck in a lift with Beyonce.  :P Wink But.. sounds like the press are loving it - as are we! Very Happy
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray launches 'Raw Tennis' « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 08:24 PM »

God yes, we're definately loving it  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »