Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray likely to miss Davis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray likely to miss Davis Cup

(Read 1934 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « on: March 23, 2006, 01:57 PM »

Andy Murray says he is unlikely to feature in Great Britain's Davis Cup tie with Serbia & Montenegro in April because of an ankle injury.

The Scot sprained his ankle during Wednesday's loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the Nasdaq 100 Open in Miami.

When asked if he would miss the tie he told BBC Radio Five Live:
I think so.

After half hour being off the court it started to hurt quite a bit, but it might not be the worst thing if I miss it because I'll get some time off.

The hardest thing is being away for so long and and then if I do well I have to go striaght into Davis Cup training.

If you think that out of the next 16 weeks you may have to play 15 of them, it's not the easiest thing to have on your mind.

- Full Story (bbc.co.uk)
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 02:16 PM »

I can't believe this, the only reason I bought the tickets was to see Andy play live, there's still 2 weeks to go and he's not scheduled to play again until Monte Carlo, that'll be a month out if he doesn't do Davis Cup, is that really a good idea?  dontknow
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 03:08 PM »

i cant believe it!!!!he has two weeks...surely a young lad like him would be able to recover in that amount of time!!he has 2 play!!!!!!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 03:16 PM »

Well, if this is the case, then Andy is going to disappoint an awful lot of people - including me ranting
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 03:22 PM »

yeah..and not to sound like an annoying selfish fan....but it seems he is saying he may not play, not due to his ankle, but due to the fact that he has "15 weeks of playing ahead which is a lot to have on ur mind".thats how it comes across in his interview.if that is the case then i think its very unfair.not only for the team but for the thousands of fans who have shelled out a lot of money to see him.he has committed to the team and unless the injury is bad then he shood play.
im not saying that its not bad..its  just that it comes across as though he wood like a break!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 03:28 PM »

yeah..and not to sound like an annoying selfish fan....but it seems he is saying he may not play, not due to his ankle, but due to the fact that he has "15 weeks of playing ahead which is a lot to have on ur mind".thats how it comes across in his interview.if that is the case then i think its very unfair.not only for the team but for the thousands of fans who have shelled out a lot of money to see him.he has committed to the team and unless the injury is bad then he shood play.
im not saying that its not bad..its  just that it comes across as though he wood like a break!

I totally agree with you, and like you I don't want to sound like a selfish fan, but I don't see how he can possibly know at this stage that we won't be able to play.  Sounds very much to me like a certain young man needs to take his head out of his own backside.... Whistle
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 03:33 PM »

exactly.thats what i said this morning.when i heard on the radio i thought "o wel...im pretty sure theyr just exaggerating and a young guy like him will recover  easily".i cant believe he is saying that he doubts he wil be ok! 15 days to recover from a sprain!couldnt he just miss the next tournament if he so badly wants a rest?!i mean the only reason its in glasgow is because of him!he just wants a rest and probably to see his girl!im annoyed at him!!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 03:38 PM »

Yup - I'm afraid, if he starts acting like a Prima Donna, then he'll lose me as a fan for sure.
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 03:45 PM »

yup.me aswell! one of my friends has played him quite a few times and never took to him.he is known as being  a little arrogant etc...i always defended him but now im beginning to wonder.hopefully he proves me wrong in glasgow!
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 03:46 PM »

Come on he couldn't help not spraining his ankle!  The article said his ankle brace broke when he did it so it sounds quite bad.  I think he was looking forward to playing in Scotland because hes been talking about the last time he was there watching the boxing and people called out his name and he loved it.

If he sounded not "disappointed" or how you put it, he might have been trying to look to some positives about this instead of getting down about it.

But I understand where your coming from so please don't hurt me  hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 03:47 PM »

'If you think that out of the next 16 weeks you may have to play 15 of them, it's not the easiest thing to have on your mind.'

It's what you do Andy - it's your job... and if you can't stand the heat....
IP Logged
arka
Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 03:48 PM »

Hey! give the kid a rest. If he does not feel fit to play, he better not. Dont forget that he has played a tour/GS touney in every week this year!!!!!!! I dont think many people out there have done that, not this late in the year. Imagine, the first week you are missing from the circuit is in April!
I obviously want him to play in Glasgow(of course I do, it concerns Britain after all), but at the same time, if he does not wish to play, I support him. From being what he was last year, he is one of the fittest guys out there now. And if he wants a break, give it to him.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 03:49 PM »

He's still in his first 12 months on the tour, give him time to get used to it.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 03:55 PM »

Yep, he looks fit as a bull. But give him some time.
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 03:57 PM »

yeah but thats why he is wins thousands and thousands of pounds when he wins anything.hes a professional tennis player and he cant just pick and choose when he feels like playing.i absolutely completely and uttery think if he is injured then he should not play.but its 2 weeks away and his  saying "i dont thnik so" implies that he wood rather have "a rest"
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »