Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray likely to miss Davis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray likely to miss Davis Cup

(Read 1932 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 03:57 PM »

Arka wrote   And if he wants a break, give it to him.

Sorry, but you don't schedule yourself a break when thousands of fans have shelled out a lot of money just to see you play.  If he truly is injured and not fit to play, then of course everyone would understand.  BUT, if it's just a case of having a convenient break.... 
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 03:59 PM »

Well if hes injured that should be a good enough excuss for missing it, especially as its his bad ankle.  You can't fix a sprain in two weeks and have it strong as it was before it was sprained, I know!!
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 04:01 PM »

yeah but its only march!he had over 2months off before christmas!and he's 18 young fit and healthy....andits only 3 match days!surely he cood have a rest afterwards for a week or so.i just think that letting every1 in his home country down just so he can rest then go and play in Spain or wherever is silly!why not rest afterwars and make davis cup priority!
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 04:09 PM »

yeah but its only march!he had over 2months off before christmas!and he's 18 young fit and healthy....andits only 3 match days!surely he cood have a rest afterwards for a week or so.i just think that letting every1 in his home country down just so he can rest then go and play in Spain or wherever is silly!why not rest afterwars and make davis cup priority!

It doesn't matter he had time off over Christmas.  It doesn't matter that its only three days playing.  It doesn't matter he if he can rest afterward because hes injured!!!  Therefore he cannot play at his best.  Hes not sprained it on purpose so he can get out of playing, it just happened!!
IP Logged
arka
Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 04:13 PM »

I know what you mean Elly and it pains me a great deal too, though not as much as you obviously. People are desperate to see the person himself. But I dont think he is feigninig injury.
Why would he?? I believe him that much.

And TennisLover, please please please consider the travelling he has done too. Nadal is  19 but look at how much the poor guy suffers.

Whatever anyone says, I cant believe Andy to be a an injury cheat. I thought Scots were real patriots and I dont think he would miss this chance in his own backyard. The next time we host the Davis Cup, it will probably be held in England again.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 04:14 PM »

Thanks for the support Amy!
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 04:20 PM »

it is indicative of the state of british tennis that the possibility of an 18 year old in his first full year on tour missing a davis cup qualifier is causing so much fuss
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 04:37 PM »

I Kind Of Understand people frustrations but at the end of the day Murray has no contractual obligation to play Davis Cup.
Also I believe this gives someone else, a different young player a chance to play at such a large scale, People like Arvind Parmar, Bogdanovic and Sherwood neeed Davis Cup to give them valuable experience of the big time tennis scene and not just playing in smallish challengers, lets not forget that Alex Bogdanovic has had a qood start to se the season with winning two Challengers and hes still pretty young at 23. Murray is always going on about to much prssure people put on him that he would benefit if the davis cup was to find a genuine british prospect.

also if Murray is out who do we think should be his replacement??
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 05:39 PM »

no guys ur misinterpreting what im saying.what i mean is that YES if he's injured then thats fine he should definitely miss it.BUT if he thinks that its ok 2 miss it because he hurt his ankle 2 weeks before then its not ok.im not saying he's faking injury.i have no oubt its sore.but to come out so early and say he doesnt thnk he will play may lead people to believe that hes not that bothered bout it.if he said in maybe a week we would all realise that his ankle is pretty bad.his comments were perhaps premature.also..i play netball for scotland and when it comes to sprained ankles i know my stuff.we jump a lot more than most tennis players and i have recovered in 7 days.maybe his is really bad but even still..a sprained ankle is a sprained ankle!
lets all just keep our fingers crossed that he plays....since we all care so much!!
IP Logged
arka
Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 05:45 PM »

Very sorry if I offended you, my apologies. Yes I agree with you, he should definately not quit the team if he is fit. He should not say something like "okay this may injure me again, I better not take a risk." But I'm sure he will never feign an injury.
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 05:57 PM »

lol yeah exactly!u c..all andy fans agree in the end!!xxx
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 06:56 PM »

How very disappointing. I really do feel sorry for those people who have tickets, Andy being the main attraction and all that! Bates has got a real problem on his hands. Bring bk Henman thats what I say. No but as for replacements their is not much choice is their.. I suppose he could give Martin Lee a chance or Colin fleming they have both been in fine form.  Truely shockin from Murray   
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 07:05 PM »

hes not actually pulled out yet.just said there was a possibility of him not
IP Logged
wotnopimms
Futures Level

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 07:09 PM »

Yes, let's wait and see how it goes for him.
I'm sure he'd be just as disappointed as anyone if he doesn't play!

Loving the avatar Iain. Where is it?
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Murray likely to miss Davis Cup « Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 09:35 PM »

Lol There dropping like flies,
My Faithful Ceefax suervice has just informed me that Jeremy bates confirmed in an interview with the bbc that Alex Bogdanovic has rejected the oppurtunity to join Team GB because he is not Mentally ready to represent Great Britain.
I May have also interpeted this wrong but it was a very short article but it seems like past davis Cup experiences has led him to believe that he himself is not strong enough to face any country in the Davis Cup and until which time he sees fit will not be joinging the Gb team for any Davis Cup ties, whether this is just for this tie or all Afro/Euro Zone ties was not stated.

It seems a shame because he was in with a chance of playing at least 1 singles rubber or the doubles match.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »