Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray looks ahead to the Olympics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray looks ahead to the Olympics

(Read 4397 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 12:53 PM »

I didn't expect you to make it that easy after you were given a final warning of no tolerance. Enjoy your permanent ban, it's been a long time coming.
  clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 01:06 PM »

Hi Guys not sure were to post this as it was on another thread I can't find now, but it's the  letter  I've had back from the Telegraph re the article written by Les Lynam on our Andy crying after Wimbeldon , ( that Fed only cries when he wins never when he losses , which any tennis fan would know is not true , which I put them right on !! ) Dear     I am writing in response to your telephone call concerning the Des Lynam piece on Andy Murray. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you. The error has been pointed out to Des Lynam directly by our sports Editor. Readers have commented that Federer did cry when he lost to Nadal. The sports Editor has asked me to forward on their apologies to you. We value your readership and appreciate your comments. Your sincerely Andy king  Editorial information Executive . Not very satisfactory but at least they did write back.!!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 03:54 PM »

Hi Guys not sure were to post this as it was on another thread I can't find now, but it's the  letter  I've had back from the Telegraph re the article written by Les Lynam on our Andy crying after Wimbeldon , ( that Fed only cries when he wins never when he losses , which any tennis fan would know is not true , which I put them right on !! ) Dear     I am writing in response to your telephone call concerning the Des Lynam piece on Andy Murray. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you. The error has been pointed out to Des Lynam directly by our sports Editor. Readers have commented that Federer did cry when he lost to Nadal. The sports Editor has asked me to forward on their apologies to you. We value your readership and appreciate your comments. Your sincerely Andy king  Editorial information Executive . Not very satisfactory but at least they did write back.!!!!
Well done deb -and put that in your pipe and smoke it des smoothy lynam.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 03:58 PM »

I'm glad you got a response, but this is probably about as good a reply as you were likely to get, short of a direct apology from Lynham himself (highly unlikely!).  At least you weren't alone in giving him a ticking off and it would be interesting to know just how many complaints The Telegraph did get, but, given Andy's increased support, I suspect it was quite lot.  Hopefully Des will now think before making statements like that.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 04:31 PM »

I'm glad you got a response, but this is probably about as good a reply as you were likely to get, short of a direct apology from Lynham himself (highly unlikely!).  At least you weren't alone in giving him a ticking off and it would be interesting to know just how many complaints The Telegraph did get, but, given Andy's increased support, I suspect it was quite lot.  Hopefully Des will now think before making statements like that.
  Yes Ruthie and Aileen wish it had been from Des!! himself, but I am glad he was ticked off,   and like you think many people had complained...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Hi Deb and all,

Well done for getting a response. I know from experience with other issues that getting a response out of a paper is really hard, but you did it  clap.

I would give anything to have been a fly on the wall when Des Lynam was told he'd made a mistake. I bet that wasn't pretty. Still, he got it wrong, really wrong, and needed to be told. If I remember rightly there were a lot of comments on the article on their website pointing out that he was wrong too. I bet he won't make that mistake again.

The daft thing about this is that Des Lynam used to be all right. Then in his last year or so of covering Wimbledon he got too big for his boots and stayed like it. Silly man.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 06:50 PM »

As someone who had an encounter with DL many years ago when he presented the Today programme [yes that's going back] I can safely say he was not all right then!  He was a *******.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 07:03 PM »

As someone who had an encounter with DL many years ago when he presented the Today programme [yes that's going back] I can safely say he was not all right then!  He was a *******.

Really, that surprises me. I just thought it was the last few years he'd become cocky and arrogant. I stand corrected. Funny though, how some can come across one way on TV and the reality be something quite different.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Thanks Teejay, and Ruthie is right he is a *******, and they have the nerve to write things that  aren't true!!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 08:42 PM »

Too bad.. yet again someone I remembered as a great commie/presenter turns out to be yet another nob.
Tsk.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 09:09 PM »

There seems to be an awful lot of comms coming out of the woodwork to have a go at Andy, touch of the green eyed monster I think.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 10:59 PM »

There seems to be an awful lot of comms coming out of the woodwork to have a go at Andy, touch of the green eyed monster I think.

So nothing new there then!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #57 on: July 27, 2012, 01:02 AM »

Hi Deb and all,

Well done for getting a response. I know from experience with other issues that getting a response out of a paper is really hard, but you did it  clap.

The daft thing about this is that Des Lynam used to be all right. Then in his last year or so of covering Wimbledon he got too big for his boots and stayed like it. Silly man.
I've never had a problem with Des in the past but maybe he's just getting a bit cantankerous in his old age. Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #58 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49 AM »

Well better than nothing - your claim to fame, that you put Des Lynam right! Very Happy
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Well better than nothing - your claim to fame, that you put Des Lynam right! Very Happy
Haha Bev will have to frame the letter.  yes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »