Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray looks ahead to the Olympics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics  (Read 3972 times)
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Still awaiting an apology from Queen Virginia Wade. Don't intend to hold my breath.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #61 on: July 27, 2012, 10:14 AM »

Haha Bev will have to frame the letter.  yes

Absolutely! Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #62 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28 PM »

Still awaiting an apology from Queen Virginia Wade. Don't intend to hold my breath.
What a relief that VW wasn't asked to carry the torch and that it was Sue Barker and not her who passed it on to Andy.  Had it been her I'd have been tempted to accidentally graze her with it if I'd been Andy.  w00t
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #63 on: July 27, 2012, 05:54 PM »

What a relief that VW wasn't asked to carry the torch and that it was Sue Barker and not her who passed it on to Andy.  Had it been her I'd have been tempted to accidentally graze her with it if I'd been Andy.  w00t
Accidently hit her over the head with it Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #64 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39 PM »

I'd been thinking more of singeing her hair Iris  Whistle
IP Logged
weymouth
Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #65 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45 AM »

A total  Little tongue man :cmon:pleasure to watch you play tennis. go for it Andy.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #66 on: July 28, 2012, 11:56 AM »

I was watching a sports quiz on ITV the other night where one of the panellists referred to Andy as 'Andy Misery' and all the other panellists seemed to think it was incredibly funny - sooo annoying!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #67 on: July 28, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Relishing watching Andy's Olympic campaign which starts today. With regard to his draw, is it tough? No tougher than the draw he had during Wimbledon '12. I firmly believe our Andy has gleaned some valuable lessons from his hugely successful Wimbledon run. So i expect in his match against Stanislas, he will come out with all guns blazing and once he gets ahead to bring the cosh down and keep it there. Good luck Andy, i know you can do it.  yay yay
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #68 on: July 28, 2012, 12:07 PM »

I was watching a sports quiz on ITV the other night where one of the panellists referred to Andy as 'Andy Misery' and all the other panellists seemed to think it was incredibly funny - sooo annoying!

"Alis". These people are like sheep! Like my mum says: people who are talked about and gossiped about have very interesting lives, so those who talk about them negatively are jealous and tend to base their opinions about that particular person on hearsay rather than making up their own minds - SHEEP!  cmon GB cmonandy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #69 on: July 28, 2012, 01:01 PM »

Relishing watching Andy's Olympic campaign which starts today. With regard to his draw, is it tough? No tougher than the draw he had during Wimbledon '12. I firmly believe our Andy has gleaned some valuable lessons from his hugely successful Wimbledon run. So i expect in his match against Stanislas, he will come out with all guns blazing and once he gets ahead to bring the cosh down and keep it there. Good luck Andy, i know you can do it.  yay yay
Good to see you back pt.  No not a harder draw than Wimbledon but much harder than smugfed's so that if they did both get to finals again, the latter will probably have had a much easier week of it and that could make all the difference. Still birdshit is down a set so who knows that could be a big obstacle removed if Darcis does the job.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #70 on: July 28, 2012, 01:55 PM »

Hey Ruthie, its good to be back, i tend to agree with you its a much harder draw than Smugfed's so like you inferred if Andy makes the final, then he will be spent more than Smugfed!! just out of interest, how are the draws carried out for tennis tourneys? Is it really random out of a hat so to speak? My worry is that our Andy will continue to be disadvantaged by his draws when compared to the other top three guys when he competes in grand slams and Masters 1000 events?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #71 on: July 28, 2012, 02:12 PM »

Hey Ruthie, its good to be back, i tend to agree with you its a much harder draw than Smugfed's so like you inferred if Andy makes the final, then he will be spent more than Smugfed!! just out of interest, how are the draws carried out for tennis tourneys? Is it really random out of a hat so to speak? My worry is that our Andy will continue to be disadvantaged by his draws when compared to the other top three guys when he competes in grand slams and Masters 1000 events?
I'm not totally sure PT.  I think it is all pulled out of a hat with the seedings providing the basic structure of the draw.  Not sure how it's decided between the top 4 seeds in terms of who meets whom in SFs.  While I don't really believe it's rigged to help smugfed the number of easy draws he gets compared to Andy really does seem beyond the realms of statistical probability  shocking
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 02:12 PM »

Yay - Berdy out - how good is that?!!!!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #73 on: July 28, 2012, 02:13 PM »

Hurray looks like one obstacle is out of the way "Birdshit" lost his opening match 4-6 4-6  yay yay thats just brill Alis, dare we take this as a good omen. The same thing happened at wimby this year!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #74 on: July 28, 2012, 02:14 PM »

Utterly brilliant Alis - there is rejoicing on the Andy at Olympics thread!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply