Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray looks ahead to the Olympics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray looks ahead to the Olympics

(Read 4498 times)
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #75 on: July 28, 2012, 02:17 PM »

I'm not totally sure PT.  I think it is all pulled out of a hat with the seedings providing the basic structure of the draw.  Not sure how it's decided between the top 4 seeds in terms of who meets whom in SFs.  While I don't really believe it's rigged to help smugfed the number of easy draws he gets compared to Andy really does seem beyond the realms of statistical probability  shocking

that's the position i am now starting to take!!  Think
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #76 on: July 28, 2012, 03:24 PM »

Yay - Berdy out - how good is that?!!!!

Hi Alis and all,

It's brilliant isn't it! I think I might like Darcis, providing of course he doesn't get too many big ideas about big wins over the rest of the tournament. Although, should they meet, I think Andy would have far too much for Darcis. Must remember though, long way to go yet.

I'm a bit worried about the state of Centre Court though. It looks really dodgy out there. Don't get me wrong, I don't recall Berdych ever moving that well on the grass, but today it looks slippy out there. I hope it's better for whenever Andy gets out on it, which I assume will be tomorrow.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #77 on: July 28, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Close first set but yay in the end
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #78 on: July 28, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Hi Alis and all,

It's brilliant isn't it! I think I might like Darcis, providing of course he doesn't get too many big ideas about big wins over the rest of the tournament. Although, should they meet, I think Andy would have far too much for Darcis. Must remember though, long way to go yet.

I'm a bit worried about the state of Centre Court though. It looks really dodgy out there. Don't get me wrong, I don't recall Berdych ever moving that well on the grass, but today it looks slippy out there. I hope it's better for whenever Andy gets out on it, which I assume will be tomorrow.
Yes 2nd on centre tj
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #79 on: July 29, 2012, 01:55 AM »

Re Fed's 'easy' draw - I watched the Falla match and Falla certainly gave him something to think about (again).  Falla turned in a brilliant performance whilst Fed was playing some absolutely woeful tennis, particularly at the end of the 2nd set, a fact he's blaming on the pressure he feels when he's playing for his country at the Olympics because everyone's talking about it.  Shame, given that Andy has to put up with this kind of pressure every single year come Wimbledon. Rolling Eyes

Fed's aura of invincibility has been a myth for some time now - except to his deluded fans.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #80 on: July 29, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Not sure why you put 'easy' in inverted commas Aileen.  It is an easy draw especially when compared with Andy's and Nole's.  If he messes it up that's his fault not the draw's.  Same at Wimbledon where he also had an easy draw but nevertheless came a cropper against Benneteau.  But agree about the aura of invincibility.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #81 on: July 30, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Re the 'easy' I was being sarcastic and having a dig at SmugFed simply because he is not the great player he was in his prime, even although he, and his fans, think otherwise! 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #82 on: July 30, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Just questioned it Aileen because it could be read as suggesting it isn't really an easy draw at all -and no doubt there are smugfed fans out there who would love so suggest just that.  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray looks ahead to the Olympics « Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 10:36 AM »

I'd been thinking more of singeing her hair Iris  Whistle

Can I just say how delighted I am that I wasn't the only one who thought that. My conscience, which isn't really a problem when it comes to the vile Ms. Wade lately, is officially clear! Bless you Ruthie!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »