Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet

(Read 4879 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #120 on: May 20, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Yeah the problem is he keeps losing.

Why do you post on here when you are so obviously not a Murray fan.?
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #121 on: May 20, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Big nose, your nose is probably a handicap but it is nothing serious compared to your stupidity
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #122 on: May 20, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Eh? How is having a big nose a handicap?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #123 on: May 20, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Yeah the problem is he keeps losing.
Why don't you get lost. Just find your way back to the Fed site.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #124 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Eh? How is having a big nose a handicap?
Depends on the size. Could get in the way of your eyes or is too weighty and drags you over!!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #125 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Big Nose:- If you cannot be nice and understanding then there is no point in posting. You are just getting other people angry and that is just a waste of time and energy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #126 on: May 21, 2012, 01:57 AM »

Let's hope that he takes the best advice he can and does whatever is right for him.
From The Herald, 19 May -

Murray will spend the next five days on rehab, rest and practice, with the arrival of his coach, Ivan Lendl, in the early part of next week sure to lift his spirits and focus the mind.

The 25-year-old will then test out a few things in an exhibition match in Paris on Thursday, against Latvia's Ernests Gulbis, before getting started at Roland Garros.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/murray-shows-commitment-by-missing-hibs-big-day.17637535

The key here is Lendl, who, as we know, Andy trusts and will listen to.  Gulbis may not be the hottest player around but he can be very tricky and should give Andy a good work-out, so I would expect that if there is still a physical problem after this match Lendl will insist on a withdrawal from RG, although I think Andy is sensible enough to make that decision for himself. 
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #127 on: May 22, 2012, 06:47 AM »

Andy, we expect more from you...i hope you recover from your back injury, i know it is bothering you and you are not 100% fit but please come back in form....WE ALL LOVE YOU..
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #128 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41 AM »

When you see how the Rome final went and how much of a slugfest it was you wonder how Andy is ever going to get a grand slam under his belt. He will have to change his attitude to the game radically. Nadal and Jocko are completely focussed and obsessed with winning and their physical ability is amazing. Nadal for the French open methinks. Unless of course Andy thinks otherwise!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #129 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26 AM »

It's always a slugfest on clay.  Only one more tournie to go this season -  thank heavens - then back to the green, green grass of home - can't wait!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #130 on: May 22, 2012, 04:46 PM »

[email protected] Yes, but, but ......the infuriating thing is that Andy has beated Fed and Rafa not playing like that, but by being quick and aggressive from the off.
Him giving Rafa a beat down last year, is a bright jewel in my mind tender
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #131 on: May 22, 2012, 04:59 PM »

It's always a slugfest on clay.  Only one more tournie to go this season -  thank heavens - then back to the green, green grass of home - can't wait!
I just wish the grass season was longer.  The clay-court one seems to go on forever.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #132 on: May 22, 2012, 07:05 PM »

y.aI think we should all forget about murray winning a Grand Salem this year. he is not fit enough and not mentally prepared. I realised this when i saw the final in Rome,the determination and the will to win from both players was there to see.

I think the media should get off his back and leave him alone and he has to be more determined and agressive. It is getting more difficult each day. i would love Murray to get a Grand Salem. Lendl can help him he was a very agressive player and had such determination
to win and worked so hard just like Andy. It will come but we re too impatient
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #133 on: May 22, 2012, 10:30 PM »

y.aI think we should all forget about murray winning a Grand Salem this year. he is not fit enough and not mentally prepared. I realised this when i saw the final in Rome,the determination and the will to win from both players was there to see.

I think the media should get off his back and leave him alone and he has to be more determined and agressive. It is getting more difficult each day. i would love Murray to get a Grand Salem. Lendl can help him he was a very agressive player and had such determination

I don't think his chances have changed that much at Wimbledon and the US Open - for me, he's definitely still a leading contender at those two slams. I wouldn't read too much into his clay court performances, he often has mediocre clay seasons (last year excepted) but usually rebounds strongly on grass. Wimbledon is often very good for Andy as he always seems to serve well there.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Lackluster Murray loses to Gasquet « Reply #134 on: May 23, 2012, 12:01 AM »

I never rated his chances of a Slam win this year as being very high anyway, and certainly not at RG, although more on the mental level than the fitness one because Murray is one of the fittest players on the Tour - and how do we know how fit he currently is, or is likely to be, when all we have to go on is some unspecified back injury?

I think on the whole the media do leave him alone - it's only come Wimbledon that it all starts, but I reckon there's more chance of stopping the incoming tide than that annual frenzy, and I can't believe it doesn't affect him.  He says he even has them camping outside his house, something which must make life very difficult.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »