Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray makes short work of Frenchman 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray makes short work of Frenchman

(Read 1335 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39 PM »

Great report,thank you!

Was just reading that when Vasselin was asked about playing Andy,this was his answer:

"​I asked several players to give me some advice, and not a single one was able to give me good advice"

That's our Andy! Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 02:15 AM »

A comfortable win, all done in 1hr 13 minutes of stress free tennis, with Andy looking great.

A fun moment, in 2nd game I think, when commentator Sam Gore, was asking "what's this about a boxing match?" Had heard Andy was going to do an exhibition match for charity.

Good one Nigel!
Yes I could hardly believe my ears when I heard that one!  Makes you wonder just who reads MW.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29 AM »

Nice one, Nige, including the BB quote.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 06:14 AM »

Thanks for the great report Nigel! I never got to watch the match yesterday, so great to hear Andy's in fine fettle!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 09:44 AM »

A comfortable win, all done in 1hr 13 minutes of stress free tennis, with Andy looking great.

A fun moment, in 2nd game I think, when commentator Sam Gore, was asking "what's this about a boxing match?" Had heard Andy was going to do an exhibition match for charity.

Good one Nigel!

Here's the full match. The comment about the boxing is at 12:05. Crazy.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 10:26 AM »

Awww......that's terrific Nigel.     Thanks very much!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 10:41 AM »

From my Twitter today:

Sam Gore ‏@sambgore 37m
@audiolympics You got me Smile Would be brilliant idea though!
Hide conversation

10:02 AM - 18 Apr 13
[ Last edit by Grabcopy April 18, 2013, 10:50 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 11:09 AM »

That's brilliant.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Amazing!! lmao
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 11:32 AM »

Some people in the audience might think it's real now. Best thing would be if a reported asked andy about it XD
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 11:50 AM »

Some people in the audience might think it's real now. Best thing would be if a reported asked andy about it XD

Well it was heard around the world - instant reaction on MW match thread (page 10/11) from UK, Canada and New Zealand!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray makes short work of Frenchman « Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 06:22 PM »

From my Twitter today:

Sam Gore ‏@sambgore 37m
@audiolympics You got me Smile Would be brilliant idea though!
Hide conversation

10:02 AM - 18 Apr 13
lmao  I couldn't believe my ears when Sam started talking about it.  I wonder if he read it on here, or whether somebody else passed the info onto him?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »