Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray mauls qualifier in Paris 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray mauls qualifier in Paris

(Read 1233 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 06:50 AM »

The video of Andy's interview with the BBC Scotlands reporter who gets on well with Andy gives the best slant on the match where Andy gives himself a B- for his performance. It is on the BBC Tennis site.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46 AM »

Apparently they introduced Andy as English ,just as well he didn't catch on.!

Glad I did not catch on either!  w00t Well done Andy in getting through in three sets. I was a bit tense at the start as I know Andy is not a morning person, but he did the job, and got that first round out the way. Onwards and upwards Andy!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 08:49 PM »

He really does have a good draw, I mean if he had a similar draw at wimby, I think I would cream my pants with excitement....Almagro going out made it even better, and then the mighty Nadal as good as admits at his post-isner-wobble press conference that he is way off his best.  Clearly Nole has dented his confidence.  Unfortunately I still feel that we must be some way off having total confidence in Andy on clay.  However, he will never have a better chance to go really deep than in RG this year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 04:17 AM »

The video of Andy's interview with the BBC Scotlands reporter who gets on well with Andy gives the best slant on the match where Andy gives himself a B- for his performance. It is on the BBC Tennis site.
At least he said it with a smile on his face! 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 11:39 AM »

Maybe he has more empathy with a Scottish reporter and feel he does not always have to be on his guard
when speaking.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56 AM »

Maybe he has more empathy with a Scottish reporter and feel he does not always have to be on his guard when speaking.
Andy (and Jamie) are on excellent terms with BBC Scotland's reporter, Kheredine Idessane, whose father is Moroccan and his mother Scottish, who was born and educated in Edinburgh before moving on to Cambridge University and Oklahoma and Cardiff Schools of Journalism.

Although he's primarily a football commentator (and like Andy a Hibs' supporter), in 2009 he became BBC Scotland's new tennis reporter as well, with a brief to chart Andy's rising career.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 05:46 AM »

Andy (and Jamie) are on excellent terms with BBC Scotland's reporter, Kheredine Idessane, whose father is Moroccan and his mother Scottish, who was born and educated in Edinburgh before moving on to Cambridge University and Oklahoma and Cardiff Schools of Journalism.

Although he's primarily a football commentator (and like Andy a Hibs' supporter), in 2009 he became BBC Scotland's new tennis reporter as well, with a brief to chart Andy's rising career.
Wow........maybe we can look forward to some 'fair' journalism now, instead of the usual shite! w00t
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 03:30 PM »

I agree Caz.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 04:28 PM »

I love listening to this guy,he never Andy a gotcha question.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray mauls qualifier in Paris « Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 03:02 AM »

Wow........maybe we can look forward to some 'fair' journalism now, instead of the usual shite! w00t
Sadly, he doesn't write for any of the newspapers.

I love listening to this guy,he never Andy a gotcha question.
I do too.  His interviews are always sensitive, and in fact he's probably the only reporter who can make Andy smile when he's in one of his more negative moods!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »