Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon  (Read 3464 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Great report Nigel.
Well done to Andy Murray you fought to the end didnt give up mentally and it paid off.Your mental strengh is what got you through.So that bodes well for the future. yay yay yay yay
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 08:58 PM »

He used to do pretty well back when he was an ultra-counterpuncher. Now that he's adopting a more agressive game it doesn't work so well.
I know.  It's hard to win a Slam and Olympic Gold.  Did your match not go well, Phil? 
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Well done, Andy.  Arrived back just in time to hear the result.  Have just had a gl;ass of wine to toast him.  Do not ujsually drink but was given some wine for my birthday and said I would drink some when Andy won his next Masrers of GS.  My birthday was 6th March so did not have to wait long.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 09:06 PM »

Calmed down now and reflecting on the tournament as a whole, something must be done about the 25 second limit.  Imo having to keep within that rule contributed to the exhaustion both players felt today.  After long rallys they never had a chance to catch their breath properly and although it may be better for the crowd its gruelling for the players.  I wonder how many matches were lost over the tournament due to a player getting into an argument with the umpire over time violations?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Agreed Iris.  Today, 25 secs was just ridiculous.  Make it 30, have a courtside clock and have done with it
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 09:12 PM »

The Petch also said that it wasn't allowing the fans to fully show their appreciation of a fantastic point.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 09:12 PM »

I think the Title should be 'BRAVE HEART WINS THE BATTLE AGAINST THE SPANISH.'

Does that happen in the movie? I'd heard everyone's favourite Australian Nazi took some liberties with history. I didn't know he went that far.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 09:13 PM »

Agreed Iris.  Today, 25 secs was just ridiculous.  Make it 30, have a courtside clock and have done with it

A huge RADO courtside stopwatch, seeing as Andy is their Ambassador.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Does that happen in the movie? I'd heard everyone's favourite Australian Nazi took some liberties with history. I didn't know he went that far.
I was a big fan of Mel until his epic tumble from grace.

Shame.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 09:16 PM »

I know.  It's hard to win a Slam and Olympic Gold.  Did your match not go well, Phil? 

Reading comprehension fail. I was specifically referring to the ultra-slow hard-courts at Miami and Indian Wells.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 09:18 PM »

A huge RADO courtside stopwatch, seeing as Andy is their Ambassador.

Trouble with that is that you'd end up with the crowd doing a countdown, which'd be even more irritating.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Lots of supportive commenters in the Daily Fail!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2301964/ATP-Masters-1000--Miami-Andy-Murray-beats-David-Ferrer-6-2-6-4-7-6-Sony-Open-final-new-world-No-2.html

EDIT: Interesting that the Telegraph report is virtually identical to the Mail. It's like they just took it from an agency like Reuters and adapted it. Can the nationals not afford to send a reporter to all the big tourneys now?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9964233/Andy-Murray-edges-David-Ferrer-to-take-Sony-Open-mens-singles-title-and-move-to-No-2-in-world-rankings.html
[ Last edit by Grabcopy March 31, 2013, 09:28 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #42 on: March 31, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Trouble with that is that you'd end up with the crowd doing a countdown, which'd be even more irritating.
It might be hugely entertaining.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #43 on: March 31, 2013, 09:24 PM »

....................................... clap
.............................. clap........ clap
.......................... clap.............. clap
.............................................. clap
............................................ clap
......................................... clap
...................................... clap
................................... clap
............................... clap
......................... clap clap clap clap clap
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #44 on: March 31, 2013, 09:27 PM »

That's brill, sid!  Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply