Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon

(Read 4515 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #90 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56 PM »

Good report, Nigel.

My goodness I'm exhausted just watching the match. As his former coach, Brad Gilbert would have said, winning is everything, even winning ugly.

It was obvious that the conditions were gruelling, but Andy came through, but by his own admissions, would not have done so two years ago. Thus sprake the more mature AM.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #91 on: March 31, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Actually, you can see Nadal with two broken legs and a lacerated internal organ still having a go. Perhaps we need to add a severed head.
Im afraid i'd still have to pick Rafa to win.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #92 on: March 31, 2013, 11:02 PM »

This will all depend on the draw. Andy is probably preparing in a different way. I don't think he'll be utterly aggressive. I don't think that would be wise at all.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #93 on: March 31, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Rafa on clay..gggggrrrrrrrrr
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #94 on: March 31, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Im afraid i'd still have to pick Rafa to win.

Agreed. I refer the honourable lady to the Black Knight. It's just a flesh wound.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #95 on: March 31, 2013, 11:29 PM »

Forgiveness is a virtue, Robbie.

I forgive you.

I meant for the dodgy jokes. Very Happy
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #96 on: March 31, 2013, 11:33 PM »

Yay! yay Just home and saw the score Smile
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #97 on: March 31, 2013, 11:37 PM »

You saved yourself a lot of stress. When we were waiting for Hawkeye on Ferrer's match point...
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #98 on: March 31, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Haze, it was an eggcellent result............. Embarassed
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #99 on: March 31, 2013, 11:45 PM »

How long is Murray likely to stay at No 2 for? Will he still have it come the French? I assume Rafa won't be adding many points until Wimbledon. Just had a thought - if Rafa ends up in Djoko's half at the French and Murray is seeded 2nd, could Murray conceivably make the final? Think
Defending 180 points in Monte Carlo, so will fall back to #3 for Madrid if he doesn't make the QFs there. Murray will also lose 90 in Barcelona.

However Federer is defending 1000 points in Madrid, Murray is defending 0, so great chance there to make up some ground - even without winning a match, Federer stands to lose 400+ points if he fails to defend his title, and given he only won it last year after Djokovic and Nadal bounced out on the blue surface, that seems quite likely. Federer defending 360 in Rome, Murray defending just 90.

Murray defending just 360 points over the clay, Federer 1360.

Worth remembering that Murray lost to Berdych, Raonic, Gasquet and Ferrer last year on the clay; didn't even make the semis of any event. So being #2 might not make much difference anyway, unless he can get past the 5-16 ranked players.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #100 on: March 31, 2013, 11:49 PM »

Also worth nothing the 'Race' rankings (current points gained in 2013):

1 Djokovic 2990 (5 tournaments)
2 Murray 2630 (4 tournaments)
3 Ferrer 2370 (8 tournaments)
4 Nadal 1900 (5 tournaments)
5 Berdych 1550 (7 tournaments)
6 Del Potro 1425 (7 tournaments)
7 Gasquet 1215 (8 tournaments)

8 Federer 1170 (5 tournaments)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #101 on: March 31, 2013, 11:54 PM »

You didn't miss much. Quite straightforward win really, certainly no heart-wrenching rallies or stressful moments from this one.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #102 on: April 01, 2013, 12:07 AM »

....................................... clap
.............................. clap........ clap
.......................... clap.............. clap
.............................................. clap
............................................ clap
......................................... clap
...................................... clap
................................... clap
............................... clap
......................... clap clap clap clap clap

Awesome,Sid!!

You didn't miss much. Quite straightforward win really, certainly no heart-wrenching rallies or stressful moments from this one.

lmao lmao
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #103 on: April 01, 2013, 12:14 AM »

Also worth nothing the 'Race' rankings (current points gained in 2013):

1 Djokovic 2990 (5 tournaments)
2 Murray 2630 (4 tournaments)
3 Ferrer 2370 (8 tournaments)
4 Nadal 1900 (5 tournaments)
5 Berdych 1550 (7 tournaments)
6 Del Potro 1425 (7 tournaments)
7 Gasquet 1215 (8 tournaments)

8 Federer 1170 (5 tournaments)

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Muger Frauderer failing as usual Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's sprint finish after Miami marathon « Reply #104 on: April 01, 2013, 12:40 AM »

Brilliant, brilliant result for Andy. Didn't play his best and still won. What a fighter!

Do I feel sorry for Ferrer? Ask me in a month or 6!

It was a weird match, but hugely entertaining. Frankly it could have been as dull as ditch-water and I wouldn't care. Andy won! He's world no.2!

They do need to do something about the time rule. I'm sick of hearing about it being called a new rule. It's an old rule that is being enforced. However, while I take the point about long rallies, that sort of thing, I don't buy Petch's thing about crowd enjoyment. That's just daft.

Andy was right, in my view, to speak to the umpire about the time thing. The thing is that they've made a song and dance about the rule being enforced, that umpires can no longer use judgement. Then Ferrer is allowed to take 42 seconds between points? What they should do is make the time 30 seconds and enforce that.

They should have a clock on the court, and the server should be allowed, within the rules, to punch the first person in the crowd who starts a countdown. Now that would add some spice to things lol. Actually, wasn't there a bit of aggro in the crowd today at one point?

Seriously though, the time thing is daft at the moment. They either need to have a clock on court and increase the time allowed a bit, or they need to alter the time allowed in accordance with the conditions, but I don't see that working.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »