Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY

(Read 3715 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #75 on: September 03, 2011, 07:18 PM »

This is what Haas had to say about Andy in his post match interview:

'He’s not No 4 in the world because he has the best serve in the world, the best forehand in the world or the best backhand,' Haase said. 'It’s because he’s an unbelievable tennis player.

'He plays like a chess player. He plays the game really smart. He’s really fit and athletic. He doesn’t maybe have the best serve, but he has a good serve. He doesn’t have the best backhand, but he has a really decent backhand. He’s good at everything. He can do everything from every angle. Of course he’s dealing with the pressure. I think that’s what makes him a great player.
'

What a decent bloke haas is, despite what must have been a difficult post match interview he was able to reflect honestly and give Andy credit for turning the match around, those words "Unbelievable tennis player"  - and Haas would know he was at the otherside of the net. Better placed to make such judgements, i think Jurgen Meltzer said similiar things about Andy after a recent match where he was totally out classed. Its scarey to think he wins like this when he's not firing on all cylinders, i think we are going to see some real fireworks from Andy in the next few days, I for one can't wait, now onto Mr Deliciano!

Thats so..........nice he needs to give the frauderer lessons!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 07:21 PM »

Am hoping that Cilic can teach Mr Smug a lesson or two - not so far but he has had opportunities - just needs to take them.  What a boost that would be for Andy trying to get back to No. 3.  The gap between 4th place and the rest of the pack is becoming wider Andy just needs to get his 3rd place back and put "Frauderer" into 4th !!!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #77 on: September 03, 2011, 07:22 PM »

Thats so..........nice he needs to give the frauderer lessons!
ha ha ha exactly T!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #78 on: September 03, 2011, 07:25 PM »

Was reading Mr Smug's comments after his 2nd round match where he proclaimed he was "superior" that is out of order he used to be the best but not now - he should have some respect for his opponent.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #79 on: September 03, 2011, 07:57 PM »

I do wish he'd take Rescue Remedy to help with those nerves. 

I thought that too.  Ingredients surely aren't illegal.

Just read AM's tweet about the 18th retirement.  If I am meant to read between the lines, then I'm missing the point.  What does he mean exactly???
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #80 on: September 03, 2011, 08:15 PM »

I thought that too.  Ingredients surely aren't illegal.

Just read AM's tweet about the 18th retirement.  If I am meant to read between the lines, then I'm missing the point.  What does he mean exactly???

Don't think he ment anything other than another retirement - The latest being Brydch, you have to admit this years usopen has seen alot of retirements due to one thing or another, additionally the seeds are just dropping like flys in both the mens draw and the womens, Roger, Mardy and Dolgopolov on the mens are all locked in battle at the mo, i predict one if not two of them will be out, at the mo seems like Roger and Dolgopolov!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #81 on: September 03, 2011, 08:17 PM »

Don't think he ment anything other than another retirement - The latest being Brydch, you have to admit this years usopen has seen alot of retirements due to one thing or another, additionally the seeds are just dropping like flys in both the mens draw and the womens, Roger, Mardy and Dolgopolov on the mens are all locked in battle at the mo, i predict one if not two of them will be out, at the mo seems like Roger and Dolgopolov!

If only - I mean Fed of course!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #82 on: September 03, 2011, 08:29 PM »

I thought that too.  Ingredients surely aren't illegal.

Just read AM's tweet about the 18th retirement.  If I am meant to read between the lines, then I'm missing the point.  What does he mean exactly???
No, RR is not chemical in any way so I'm sure wouldn't be illegal.  I'm not on twitter but perhaps someone who is could suggest it to Andy?  It helps calm the nerves but without taking away any of the sharpness that good nerves can give you.  I've found it invaluable for things like driving test, job interviews.  And if you're abit down it can sometimes give you a bit of a lift.  Purely plant based.
I read Andy's tweet as a dig at the schedule ie that they have to play so many weeks.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #83 on: September 03, 2011, 08:49 PM »

No, RR is not chemical in any way so I'm sure wouldn't be illegal.  I'm not on twitter but perhaps someone who is could suggest it to Andy?  It helps calm the nerves but without taking away any of the sharpness that good nerves can give you.  I've found it invaluable for things like driving test, job interviews.  And if you're abit down it can sometimes give you a bit of a lift.  Purely plant based.
I read Andy's tweet as a dig at the schedule ie that they have to play so many weeks.

He could take the tincture or suck the pastilles.  I've just taken some drops myself.  He could tick these boxes and see what it recommends http://www.bachfloweressences.co.uk/pages/The-Remedy-Chooser.html

Thanks for your take on the tweet.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #84 on: September 03, 2011, 09:52 PM »

Was reading Mr Smug's comments after his 2nd round match where he proclaimed he was "superior" that is out of order he used to be the best but not now - he should have some respect for his opponent.
yes your right, can not stand his smugness , so hope he gets beaten very soon.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #85 on: September 03, 2011, 10:06 PM »

[/quoteHey Ruthie ,i have heard you talk anout R/R and i have to take anti-anxiety meds ,so i did a search and found it on Amazon .read all the tesimonials and they sound so pleased with it.So am going to order and see what happens ,it's just made from bachs  flowers.I will let you know.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #86 on: September 03, 2011, 10:12 PM »

No, RR is not chemical in any way so I'm sure wouldn't be illegal.  I'm not on twitter but perhaps someone who is could suggest it to Andy?  It helps calm the nerves but without taking away any of the sharpness that good nerves can give you.  I've found it invaluable for things like driving test, job interviews.  And if you're abit down it can sometimes give you a bit of a lift.  Purely plant based.
[/quoteHey Ruthie ,i have heard you talk anout R/R and i have to take anti-anxiety meds ,so i did a search and found it on Amazon .read all the tesimonials and they sound so pleased with it.So am going to order and see what happens ,it's just made from bachs  flowers.I will let you know.

Do hope you find it helpful iamabritt.  There's a whole range of Bach remedies which you can take for different conditions - there's a particular one for free-floating anxiety - Aspen - but RR is the best for crises or a particular situation.  Actually should have taken some myself last night come to think of it.   Do let me know how you get on.

Oh and FCR didn't know about that website so thanks for drawing to our attention.  I have various books, which describe the conditions and also the positive states, which are their opposites and have tended to put together combinations for myself from that.  But will try that some time.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #87 on: September 03, 2011, 10:14 PM »

Haase was really nice about Andy I suppose,
However I don't agree that his back hand is not the best,
Rubbish,
It is one of the 2 best on the tour!
As for RR it's more a mental thing he's going to do it all by himself by realising he's a big boy now,
It's about time too.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #88 on: September 03, 2011, 10:50 PM »

Well I think we should all be taking Rescue Remedy for every Andy match he he!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray nearly kicked in the Haase in NY « Reply #89 on: September 03, 2011, 11:28 PM »

That's my understanding of the tweet as well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »