Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray out as Spanish bull sees red 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red  (Read 5194 times)
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #210 on: September 14, 2011, 05:55 PM »

Oh so is littlebuddha is an it too. Perhaps we could have a special section for unapplical genders. Could be interesting? Going to have a vodka and tonic a woman thing ya know, spect Aileen is too!!
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #211 on: September 14, 2011, 06:00 PM »

I'm in a rugby world cup mode now-all these men bashing each other to smitherines to get an oval ball and a trophy. a lot like tennis really. Now formula one racing really should be banned on TV. Who watches that -what you mean I missed them when I blinked!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #212 on: September 14, 2011, 06:07 PM »

No I am not an IT. I am female and I have not tryed to hide my gender. My name is Margaret. Whistle
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #213 on: September 14, 2011, 06:27 PM »

Im not at all shy AFT, Buhweet asked and I told him I was a guy.
If it came down to it I'd flash my meat and two veg to prove it. Not that i'd have to.
Thats how 'shy' I am about it.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #214 on: September 14, 2011, 06:53 PM »

OK, I give...it was me!!! So, it's still possible they will all get killed?
roflmao
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #215 on: September 14, 2011, 07:24 PM »

If it came down to it I'd flash my meat and two veg to prove it. Not that i'd have to.

shocking shocking Jumping w00t udaman
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #216 on: September 14, 2011, 07:46 PM »

With all this talk of match-ups, I'm starting to wonder if Andy's best shot at a slam might not be if he can avoid Nadal in the semis (some hope).

It seems his game matches up better vs Nole and Fed. So, let's assume the top 4 come the Aussie Open are:

1 ND
2 RN
3 AM
4 RF

In this scenario, he might play Djoko in the semis. Unfortunately, though, he'd get Nadal in the final, as he usually deals with Fedex fairly well.

Hmmm. We need someone else to beat Nadal.

You forget the AO final?

That's what Murray v Djokovic is like when he dodges Nadal. He ain't winning anything till he can beat Nadal again.

I'm of the opinion that Andy needs to play the top players more often outwith the slams to become more match tough, and also to work on tactics to beat them at the majors. This would mean taking the other tournaments more seriously than he has done this year. Miami, Indian Wells and Montreal would have been opportunities to mix it with Nadal and Djokovic more often but alas due to Andy's strategy of trying to peak at the slams he was nowhere near his best in these tournaments and crashed out early.

As that worked so well as far as beating Federer is concerned...
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #217 on: September 14, 2011, 08:43 PM »

Im not at all shy AFT, Buhweet asked and I told him I was a guy.
Thats how 'shy' I am about it.
My MY  shocking shocking
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #218 on: September 14, 2011, 09:24 PM »

Soderling also troubles Nadal. So, provided le Sod or Del P take out Nadal early on, Andy gets Nole with a broken leg in the semi and a bus pass-wielding Fedex in the final, the Aussie Open is his.

Oh stop it lmao
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #219 on: September 15, 2011, 12:05 AM »

All of this sounds good...but you forget that Rafa is only a "tiny" bit older than Andy and the Joker? Where is he going to go? He ain't going away soon and has consistantly beat Andy in the major events. The Joker is unbelievable for the moment, you gotta like his tennis but he can get injuries like anyone playing the game. If Rafa gets his game going and is healthy..even not, he'll still take a few more GS trophies home!!! Rafa will most probably win one or two more before Andy gets his first, and they will not be his last ones either!!! Andy's play was great in his match against a greater player!

On his day Andy can beat any of these players. Its bound to happen in a slam eventually. Does nobody think Boris would be a good mentor for him - he seems to respect Murray and speaks a lot of sense, might give him the self belief he needs on the big occasions?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #220 on: September 15, 2011, 04:11 AM »

Aileen , Andy does not need to be criticised all the time, I was just trying to be optamistic and not be a pessimist. I am NOT BLINKERED as you as you seem to think but try to be positive in the way I think.
If we are all going to be critical all the time what is the point in being on the forum I am sure he gets that from the sports writers in the papers. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I am not like you and I do have faith the he will win a slam that's were we differ.
I repeat for what I hope is the final time - if you're going to respond to people's posts, then please read them properly first!  And if you bother to look at a selection of mine, I do not criticise Andy all the time.  I'm equally capable of giving credit where it's due.  Meanwhile I'm as happy for you to stick to your opinion as I am for me to stick to mine.

Oh so is littlebuddha is an it too. Perhaps we could have a special section for unapplical genders. Could be interesting? Going to have a vodka and tonic a woman thing ya know, spect Aileen is too!!
Aileen doesn't normally drink but some of the posts on here might just drive her to it! Whistle
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #221 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38 AM »

On his day Andy can beat any of these players. Its bound to happen in a slam eventually. Does nobody think Boris would be a good mentor for him - he seems to respect Murray and speaks a lot of sense, might give him the self belief he needs on the big occasions?
I agree Boris would talk a lot of sense been there done it, i would love him to coach Andy, but i also feel that its Andys life his career , and that he is master of his own destiny and thats how it should be , when we become adults no one has the right to tell us what we should do , none of us would like our decisions in life scutinized, we make mistakes and we learn from them, right decisions wrong ones, thats what i feel Andy should be allowed to do.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #222 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44 AM »

Hi guys just thought i'd share this upbeat link to an interview Andy gave for the Daily Express - i found it really uplifting and encouraging. I feel it answered many of the questions (the covert and not so obvious) that were not directly posted here. Please have a read.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/271378/Andy-Murray-I-ll-slam-all-those-doubters
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #223 on: September 15, 2011, 12:49 PM »

Hi guys just thought i'd share this upbeat link to an interview Andy gave for the Daily Express - i found it really uplifting and encouraging. I feel it answered many of the questions (the covert and not so obvious) that were not directly posted here. Please have a read.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/271378/Andy-Murray-I-ll-slam-all-those-doubters
Thank you for that, I just think we have to leave it to Andy, he has had a good year and will I know how make the next step and be winning GS's. I'm looking forward to seeing him enjoying his matches in Glasgow, and leading the team by example. Also watched Ollie's interview and he and the juniors are going to learn a lot from practising with the team and watching how the guy's go about their job. Leon Smith commented last time how hard Andy works.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #224 on: September 15, 2011, 01:29 PM »

Thank you, a very positive article..I've been loving Andy's comments after a defeat of 'I need to improve' etc..no Federeresque excuses, just an honest admission that there are a couple of players who are better than him just now. It really is only a small improvement needed to step up and as i've said before playing more matches against the top players in non slam tournaments could tip the balance in Andy's favour. I was therefore thrilled to see the quote in the article about chasing the no.3 position for the remainder of this year, i feared he might go walkabout again with no slam on the immediate horizon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply