Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray out as Spanish bull sees red 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red  (Read 5151 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #225 on: September 15, 2011, 02:08 PM »

I liked the article, it was very sensible look at things.
But what I didn't like about it was the suggestion that he doesn't need a coach, that he, like Novak and Rafa should just stick with the people he already has.
The difference is they have great coaches with them at all times he does not.
I don't think he's going to hire a coach now.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #226 on: September 15, 2011, 02:37 PM »

Hi guys just thought i'd share this upbeat link to an interview Andy gave for the Daily Express - i found it really uplifting and encouraging. I feel it answered many of the questions (the covert and not so obvious) that were not directly posted here. Please have a read.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/271378/Andy-Murray-I-ll-slam-all-those-doubters

Thanks PT - great to hear Andy sound so positive and why shoudn't he?  Three semi-finals and a final in GS tournaments this year - the only other player to have done that this year is Djoko!
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #227 on: September 15, 2011, 03:28 PM »

Totally agree theycanbillme, it worries me that he seems to think he doesn't need one. Maybe he just wants to keep us all guessing and then he'll suddenly announce the appointment of a tpo-notch coach. We can hope and dream.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #228 on: September 15, 2011, 05:19 PM »

Shall we all hold hands and think positive thoughts about Andy?
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #229 on: September 15, 2011, 05:30 PM »

Thanks PT - great to hear Andy sound so positive and why shoudn't he?  Three semi-finals and a final in GS tournaments this year - the only other player to have done that this year is Djoko!
Well he said it so we should all shut up and concentrate on the Davis Cup and look forward to the next slam.  trophy Weedman
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #230 on: September 15, 2011, 05:38 PM »

No I am not an IT. I am female and I have not tryed to hide my gender. My name is Margaret. Whistle
As you have not indicated on your profile your gender it does not give you a gender sign therefore you have hidden it-yes?
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #231 on: September 15, 2011, 05:45 PM »

Does anyone remember Federer when he was a spotty newcomer and was always losing his temper? Make your day and check him out he wasn't always the cool customer.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #232 on: September 15, 2011, 05:58 PM »

Check this folks.
All is not lost it may remind you of someone!

www.jockbio.com/Bios/Federer/Federer_bio.html 

Keep the faith. Now for my evening meal.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #233 on: September 15, 2011, 06:12 PM »

Hi guys just thought i'd share this upbeat link to an interview Andy gave for the Daily Express - i found it really uplifting and encouraging. I feel it answered many of the questions (the covert and not so obvious) that were not directly posted here. Please have a read.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/271378/Andy-Murray-I-ll-slam-all-those-doubters
Thanks P.T. really good to hear what Andy had to say, very positive. Really hope he gets number 3 by the year end.  pray
[ Last edit by deb September 15, 2011, 06:15 PM ] IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #234 on: September 15, 2011, 06:27 PM »

Andy is doing an interview on sky sports news this evening, im sure it will be repeated.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #235 on: September 15, 2011, 08:17 PM »

Hi

The more I read about  how you feel  about Andy and where he should be achieving, I find amazing. He is doing so well, when have we had a British player doing so well since  Fred Perry, we have not.  All of us should be behind him willing him on, not moaning that he has not achieved this or that. To achieve what he has done is pure dedication in his sport-Tennis.
I Know He will achieve his goal, he is dedicated to do that, so let us all say come on Andy . Cheer him on.
We humble enthusatic people/players have not a clue the hard work these players do to keep fit so stop moaning and he will  get there. Come on Andy we are behind you.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #236 on: September 16, 2011, 02:56 AM »

Do you really think this is entirely positive?  I don't because it seems to me that paras 2 and 3 smack of complacency.  The guys he works with do not include a coach who has experience of coaching top 20 players with a view to winning a Slam.  And where was the self-belief in this match, apart from a brief showing in the 3rd set?

“Look at the guys at the top of the game. Two are the best who have ever picked up a racket and Novak has just had the best year probably ever in tennis. Just because I have been a touch behind there is no need to panic.

“What should I do? Something different? What do I change? Panic is not the recipe for success in anything.

You need to keep playing well, believe in yourself and the guys you work with and it will all work out
.”

[ Last edit by Aileen September 16, 2011, 03:04 AM ] IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #237 on: September 16, 2011, 07:08 AM »

And where was the self-belief in this match, apart from a brief showing in the 3rd set?

Name me a set he's lost this year which you don't blame on his mental attitude.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #238 on: September 16, 2011, 07:18 AM »

Andy turned pro a year after Djkovich. Look what a difference a year has made to him. If Andy has a good Autumn he can finish No 3 in the world in an era of giants.
Isn't that extraordinary Smile
Who knows what next year will bring Super
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #239 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31 AM »

Lurking, yes, I think that damn wrist injury had quite a profound effect.
They've been 3 and 4 for years. Novak has stepped up, now Andy's turn. Getting to 3 on merit, getting to 2 was because Rafa was injured, would be absolutely tremendous and give him a huge  boost...so here's hoping Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply