Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray out as Spanish bull sees red 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray out as Spanish bull sees red

(Read 5307 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #240 on: September 16, 2011, 08:07 AM »

Aileen when we read an interview, we need to remember that Andy is answering a question and this has a bearing on his answer. Also in the Telegraph he said he is not shouting at his team, but at himself, that he needs to try and address this as this can have a 2% or 3% affect on the result, he is working on this, but it takes time.
Reading your posts makes me feel sad for you as you seem stuck in the same groove, coach etc, he has been using the Addidas coaches and has had a good consistent year, one that nearly every tennis player would give their eyeteeth for. Andy is not satisfied with this and wants to finish the year as no 3 and work for a GS. None of us knows what Andy is doing to get the coach he wants and respects. He certainly is not going to show his hand otherwise he will have the media pestering and speculating. I  for one believe that Andy will do what is right for him, and we will be able to rejoice with him when he reaches his goal. As I have said before we only need to look at what was being said about Nole, and look what has happened tghis year when everything clicked into place and a bit of luck helped as well.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #241 on: September 16, 2011, 08:29 AM »

Aileen, there is nothing complacent about Andy Murray.  He is a true perfectionist and that is why he gives himself such a hard time. I am sure he came onto the court in the AO semis knowing that he wasn't physically in a state to go 5 sets with Rafa and play a final after that and that is what led to his very evident frustration.  That is nothing to do with his general level of fitness but a lot to do with having played a very hard fought four setter the previous day in intense heat.  He is working hard with coaches he respects - maybe he will appoint a full time coach, maybe he won't but I am sure he knows better than anyone what works for him.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #242 on: September 16, 2011, 09:56 AM »

Hi

The more I read about  how you feel  about Andy and where he should be achieving, I find amazing. He is doing so well, when have we had a British player doing so well since  Fred Perry, we have not.  All of us should be behind him willing him on, not moaning that he has not achieved this or that. To achieve what he has done is pure dedication in his sport-Tennis.
I Know He will achieve his goal, he is dedicated to do that, so let us all say come on Andy . Cheer him on.
We humble enthusatic people/players have not a clue the hard work these players do to keep fit so stop moaning and he will  get there. Come on Andy we are behind you.
well said, welcome by the way.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #243 on: September 16, 2011, 10:10 AM »

I agree with you Alis  and Michelle, as i said in my post yesterday, Andy is master of his own destiny, and thats how it should be its his life and career not ours, and rightly or wrongly he will make his own mind up, and thats how it should be. He has had a great year and i think it will end with him being number 3, a  great spring board into next year.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #244 on: September 16, 2011, 10:51 AM »

I agree, Deb.  I find it very encouraging that Andy is being so positive and has made the number 3 slot his goal to work towards now that the GS season has finished.  I hope he enjoys his weekend playing DC at home with all his pals in the GB team - they've all had a good summer too.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #245 on: September 16, 2011, 11:15 AM »

Check this folks.
All is not lost it may remind you of someone!

www.jockbio.com/Bios/Federer/Federer_bio.html 

Keep the faith. Now for my evening meal.

Thank you for this link "AFT". Wow really enjoyed reading this Bio about Roger, the parallels between the early years of Roger and our own Andy are clearly evident. I only hope the latter years of Andy show similiar self reflection, fortitude and success like the latter years of Rogers career have shown.  I trust Andy completely to do right by himself.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #246 on: September 16, 2011, 12:29 PM »

Thank you for this link "AFT". Wow really enjoyed reading this Bio about Roger, the parallels between the early years of Roger and our own Andy are clearly evident. I only hope the latter years of Andy show similiar self reflection, fortitude and success like the latter years of Rogers career have shown.  I trust Andy completely to do right by himself.
Yes thanks AFT. very interesting, i really think Andy will have an amazing year, i to P.T.  believe Andy, will get things right. cant wait to watch him in the Davis cup.
IP Logged
Big V

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #247 on: September 16, 2011, 07:01 PM »

Really surprising to read the Fedex Bio. Made me realize how much Andy is still a work in progress.  I thought for the longest time that he needed a fulltime coach and some psychological help to move forward and improve.  I'm so glad I was wrong! He has improved so much this year and appears so much more relaxes and happy off court.  The Addidas team is helping and we must remember he hasn't played nearly as many games as the other 3.
What I love now is how he has the confidence to navigate his way through some of the more tricky players - like Big John Isner! He will have a great finish to this year at the rate he's improving, I feel.  He is always going to do it his way! His game is different and so is his approach to getting to the top. Let's trust him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #248 on: September 17, 2011, 03:08 AM »

Aileen when we read an interview, we need to remember that Andy is answering a question and this has a bearing on his answer. Also in the Telegraph he said he is not shouting at his team, but at himself, that he needs to try and address this as this can have a 2% or 3% affect on the result, he is working on this, but it takes time.
Reading your posts makes me feel sad for you as you seem stuck in the same groove, coach etc, he has been using the Addidas coaches and has had a good consistent year, one that nearly every tennis player would give their eyeteeth for. Andy is not satisfied with this and wants to finish the year as no 3 and work for a GS. None of us knows what Andy is doing to get the coach he wants and respects. He certainly is not going to show his hand otherwise he will have the media pestering and speculating. I  for one believe that Andy will do what is right for him, and we will be able to rejoice with him when he reaches his goal. As I have said before we only need to look at what was being said about Nole, and look what has happened this year when everything clicked into place and a bit of luck helped as well.
I rarely find the need to repeat myself on MW, but I'm going to do so now -

"If you're going to respond to people's posts, then please read them properly first!  And if you bother to look at a selection of mine, I do not criticise Andy all the time.  I'm equally capable of giving credit where it's due."

And if we're going to get personal, it also strikes me from reading your posts that they show a pretty good degree of repetitiveness.

Also I do appreciate that when Andy is answering questions in the media he does have to be very careful what he says; but on the other hand I think it would actually put an end to a lot of speculation and criticism if he were to be a little more forthcoming about some things.  We have to assume that he is happy with the status quo, so that presumably means that he's prepared to keep on going without a full-time coach, something I do find a little strange in a player who is striving to win his first Slam and also to get into the top three and stay there.  Doesn't it occur to you that the top three at the moment all have coaches, although Federer did dispense with a full-time one for a while?   Why? - Because they had the good sense to know that, although they had the necessary talent and potential, they needed a little help to enable them to achieve their goals.

And please can we all lay off the subject of Djokovic's amazing "Eureka moment", as somebody on this thread described it.  Each one of us is a unique individual, psychologically and physically.  What happens to one person doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen to another just because they happen to have been in a similar situation.

Aileen, there is nothing complacent about Andy Murray.  He is a true perfectionist and that is why he gives himself such a hard time. I am sure he came onto the court in the AO semis knowing that he wasn't physically in a state to go 5 sets with Rafa and play a final after that and that is what led to his very evident frustration.  That is nothing to do with his general level of fitness but a lot to do with having played a very hard fought four setter the previous day in intense heat.  He is working hard with coaches he respects - maybe he will appoint a full time coach, maybe he won't but I am sure he knows better than anyone what works for him.
How much proof is there of that?  The truth is that he has to share his coaches with other players sponsored by Adidas, so therefore it isn't possible for them to give Andy anything like full-time attention, and in addition Cahill is also heavily involved in his commentating duties.

I do agree, though, that Andy is a true perfectionist - and therein lies the problem.  Perfection in anything doesn't exist and tennis is no exception.  Djokovic, Nadal, Federer - they all make mistakes, but the difference between them and Andy is that they acknowledge that mistake then put it out of their minds immediately and get on with focussing on the game in hand, whereas Andy is still thinking about his several points later, so his focus goes, the frustration sets in, and his focus slips even further.  That statement, by the way, is not original. I've seen it said several times by experts who really do know what they're talking about.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #249 on: September 17, 2011, 06:48 AM »

clap ........to all of that Aileen!
IP Logged
Huge Andy fan

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #250 on: September 17, 2011, 07:14 AM »

I have found it so refreshing to find this website and to read such positive words about Andy Murray and his tennis. I have followed his amazing progress from the first time I saw him on tv when he was 18 and I thought immediately he is going to be a great tennis player. I have never wavered from my support and I truly feel this year he has matured immensely. He has had a wonderful year so far,  I feel we are blessed to have a British  player like Andy Murray to follow and feel proud of.  I can't wait to see what wonderful results he will achieve in the tennis world  as he continues on his journey  to progress with all his hard work, dedication and commitment.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #251 on: September 17, 2011, 08:03 AM »

Aileen if you had read my post properly I didn't once mention the word criticise. I said it made feel sad, that to my mind says how I feel, and that is about me and not about you.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #252 on: September 17, 2011, 10:01 AM »

'He is working hard with coaches he respects' - the only 'proof', as you ask for Aileen, that I have for this is what Andy himself has said and I have no reason to think that he would lie about it, have you?
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #253 on: September 17, 2011, 11:32 AM »

Sorry some folks, but I think Aileen is spot on within one. Andy needs to be totally positive on court or he is doing himself a disservice. Its the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle because if he can improve his mentality, the % improvements in his game shall all come automatically. I keep on saying it but look at Novak, he's the perfect example. It's what navratilova said, he needs to stop whining and get on with it, give his opponents credit for making great shots and not be so hard on himself. He needs to relax. If you are negative on court you cannot relax and therefore you are stopping yourself from the beginning from playing your best and upping your levels.
Its clear that he is trying to do something about it as the screaming and complaining have definitely decreased. I am sure he will start to get a handle on it very soon, maybe even by the end of the year.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #254 on: September 17, 2011, 12:14 PM »

Sorry some folks, but I think Aileen is spot on within one. Andy needs to be totally positive on court or he is doing himself a disservice. Its the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle because if he can improve his mentality, the % improvements in his game shall all come automatically. I keep on saying it but look at Novak, he's the perfect example. It's what navratilova said, he needs to stop whining and get on with it, give his opponents credit for making great shots and not be so hard on himself. He needs to relax. If you are negative on court you cannot relax and therefore you are stopping yourself from the beginning from playing your best and upping your levels.
Its clear that he is trying to do something about it as the screaming and complaining have definitely decreased. I am sure he will start to get a handle on it very soon, maybe even by the end of the year.

I don't think anyone is disputing that tcbm!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »