Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray out as Spanish bull sees red 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray out as Spanish bull sees red

(Read 5561 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #255 on: September 17, 2011, 09:16 PM »

I have found it so refreshing to find this website and to read such positive words about Andy Murray and his tennis. I have followed his amazing progress from the first time I saw him on tv when he was 18 and I thought immediately he is going to be a great tennis player. I have never wavered from my support and I truly feel this year he has matured immensely. He has had a wonderful year so far,  I feel we are blessed to have a British  player like Andy Murray to follow and feel proud of.  I can't wait to see what wonderful results he will achieve in the tennis world  as he continues on his journey  to progress with all his hard work, dedication and commitment.
Glad you found this web site, welcome by the way. like your positive thoughts.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #256 on: September 17, 2011, 09:19 PM »

Davis cup was great, lovely to see Andy laughing and smiling, seems focused on what he would like to achieve before the year end , good on him.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #257 on: September 17, 2011, 11:46 PM »

Aileen, I do believe that little by little, Andy's on court histrionics are diminishing. Andy being a most inteeligent individual has to be aware the effects these self-bashings are having on his game.

When they cease finally, just watch Andy's beat-all game.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #258 on: September 18, 2011, 12:59 AM »

I have found it so refreshing to find this website and to read such positive words about Andy Murray and his tennis. I have followed his amazing progress from the first time I saw him on tv when he was 18 and I thought immediately he is going to be a great tennis player. I have never wavered from my support and I truly feel this year he has matured immensely. He has had a wonderful year so far,  I feel we are blessed to have a British  player like Andy Murray to follow and feel proud of.  I can't wait to see what wonderful results he will achieve in the tennis world  as he continues on his journey  to progress with all his hard work, dedication and commitment.
Welcome to you from me too, and thank you also for your positive input. Smile  Sorry, though, if some of our posts don't always sound as positive, but I can assure you that, in spite of everything, we all want Andy to realise his full potential and win at least one GS.  It's just that a lot of us share his frustrations and disappointments when things don't go right for him.  Strange though it might seem, it's only because we care so much that sometimes we react in what might seem a negative way, especially in the heat of the moment.  If any of us didn't care about him and feel proud of the fact that he's the greatest British player in the modern era, we would never have become members in the first place.

Aileen, I do believe that little by little, Andy's on court histrionics are diminishing. Andy being a most inteeligent individual has to be aware the effects these self-bashings are having on his game.

When they cease finally, just watch Andy's beat-all game.
I'm not disputing that, OSS, but it's always puzzled me why Andy, being an intelligent person, has apparently taken so long to tumble to the fact that his energies need to be put into his game and not wasted by ranting at himself.  However, I seem to recall that after this year's AO Andy said he'd started watching videos of his matches - something he had stopped doing for over two years - so that could well have given him up a wake-up call.  And the one really positive thing I've noticed is that he's now stopped hitting himself with his racket, often so hard that he's drawn blood.  That was very worrying to see.  So it appears that a start has been made.  Years of bad habits, though, can take a long time to completely overcome, and I just feel, as quite a few others on here do, that it might speed up the process if he took some expert help on board.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray out as Spanish bull sees red « Reply #259 on: September 18, 2011, 09:45 AM »

Think Andy is very celtic-I should know being one so he would be very emotional and prone to ups and downs. When I was teaching in Oxford the pupils were very passive and easy going and half of them disappeared at harvest or lambing time. My colleague who had fled Hungary during the uprising told me it is flat here so the people are flat, people who live in the hills and mountains are up and down and unpredictable. At the time I thought it funny but actually it is true. Andy will learn to curb his emotions but they will flare up now and again but more to the point he is the best player we have had and he is not unaware of what he has to do to to reach the top. Martina used to curse and shout at everyone and so did our wonderful Virginia but maturity is a great thing. One thing is for sure everyone on this forum wants him to win a grand slam and no doubt he will.  trophy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »