Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray outclasses Davydenko 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray outclasses Davydenko

(Read 2805 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Murray outclasses Davydenko « on: June 26, 2012, 07:55 PM »

Murray v Davydenko -  a first round match up that had Murray fans biting their nails with nerves long before the match started.

However, after all the questions as to Murray’s fitness, preparation and general ability, Murray came out and powered through 3 sets of entertaining tennis against the world no 47 with barely an unforced error. He gave the Russian no chance to really get into the match and won the match 6-1 6-1 6-4.

Both players looked solid in their opening service games, but Murray was then offered a break point which he took advantage of and stormed ahead early on in the set.

Murray fans then held their breath as the Brit served in the next game, but Murray broke the pattern of recent weeks and held serve to consolidate the break.

Read more (192 words)
All Murray’s shots were on fire, with outstanding forehands and backhands. While Murray was on form, Davydenko was struggling. After holding serve in his opening service game he then dropped serve the rest of the set, and Murray took the set 6-1.

The second serve followed a similar pattern, with entertaining and mouth-watering rallies but the Murray was playing sublimely. Murray gave a master class in grass court tennis which left Davydenko unable to do anything in return.

Murray powered through the set and repeated the score of the first set 6-1 with no hesitation.

Davydenko managed to finally get his foot in the door in the third set, pulling together 4 games in the set, for a more respectable sounding 6-4 set.

Murray’s victory took only 1 hour 35 minutes as he completely dominated his talented but overwhelmed opponent.

This was the perfect start to Murray’s Wimbledon campaign and after all the weeks of preparing and waiting he looks keen to get on with the challenge. There was virtually nothing to be faulted in Murray’s tennis today, and he looked confident and aggressive which will ally some fears among his fans.
[ Last edit by Mark June 30, 2012, 11:12 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Andy Murray on BBC Two: "The first two sets were very good, I got off to a great start and then relaxed. It's been a long time waiting around since Queen's, I've been itching to get going.

"I was hitting the ball very clean and used my slice very well. Changing the pace of the ball was very important. I've potentially got Karlovic next, there will be very little rhythm in a match like that and I need to strike the ball well."
IP Logged
Luzo
Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Nice match report!  Nice match!!  Davydenko just does not look good on grass, having said that, he probably never looked worse than today, against a man who is very much at home on the green stuff.  Well done, Andy!  Onwards and upwards!!   cmon yeah
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Andrew Castle , BBC Sport

"A first-class performance, Murray was always in control. There were some questions over whether he had enough preparation, the right preparation, enough matches. But he went out there on Centre Court and put together a brilliant performance against a dangerous opponent. Davydenko was powerless. Power, precision, control, his movement was exceptional and there was nothing wrong with his back or legs. Just six more to go!"

John Lloyd , BBC Sport

"It was outstanding. The crowd loved it. He has a tough draw so to get through this quickly and save the energy, he has done a brilliant job. The forehand was superb - in fact everything was. That was a 10/10."

John McEnroe , BBC Sport

"The plan has worked perfectly. Mighty impressive from Murray. This has been a superb effort."
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:09 PM »

Murray v Davydenko -  a first round match up that had Murray fans biting their nails with nerves long before the match started.

However, after all the questions as to Murray’s fitness, preparation and general ability, Murray came out and powered through 3 sets of entertaining tennis against the world no 47 with barely an unforced error. He gave the Russian no chance to really get into the match and won the match 6-1 6-1 6-4.

This was the perfect start to Murray’s Wimbledon campaign and after all the weeks of preparing and waiting he looks keen to get on with the challenge. There was virtually nothing to be faulted in Murray’s tennis today, and he looked confident and aggressive which will ally some fears among his fans.

Loved the report Hazy Bear. It was enough said, but more than "in a nut shel".  Very speedy too, Thanks!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Thanks Hazel...Andy Murray was In The Building Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Karlovic currently 2 sets to love up.

18 aces so far but also 21 UE's.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Murray's match was superb. He came out from the start on fire. Good news. his forehand has improved so much and serving was excellent, Hope this continues for the next match. each one has it comes.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 08:23 PM »

Haven't you heard, Murray's in awful form..

Least games Murray's dropped in a match at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Davydenko had more movement of hair on his head than movement on the grass.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Wondrous performance by Andy today! Hope he continues exactly like this next round. Go Andy!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Karlovic hopefully completing his match tomorrow?

Very Happy
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 08:28 PM »

clap  clap

The serve and forehand were a joy to behold. Good to see him so strong and confident with the forehand in the early stages too. Hopefully it's becoming more instinctive.

One down. Hope this is the start of a great run of form.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Bit of a master class from Andy this evening. yay
When everything's working like that, there's no-one like him.
Just bliss. Am sitting here with a silly grin on my face  tender
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Bit of a master class from Andy this evening. yay
When everything's working like that, there's no-one like him.
Just bliss. Am sitting here with a silly grin on my face  tender

I've taped it and can watch all over again Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »