Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray outclasses Davydenko 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray outclasses Davydenko

(Read 2317 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Thick legs are simply too thick.

Nice play, Muzzah.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Bit of a master class from Andy this evening. yay
When everything's working like that, there's no-one like him.
Just bliss. Am sitting here with a silly grin on my face  tender

ive been smiling since it ended   yay
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 10:15 PM »

Well what to say..... Got in from work just in time for the start sat down took a deep breath just like I do when riding a roller coaster.  But then Andy started to play and by the end of the first set I was just smiling and applauding the great shots.  I confess to 2 things. I was pessimistic about Andy doing well this wimby. And I sort of missed the roller coaster but trust me I can live without it.  Onwards and upwards Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 10:18 PM »

3rd attempt at posting from phone. Imperious beautiful performance. Like others big smile. Onwards and upwards Andy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Good report Hazel.  Thanks.

Hugely impressed with Andy:  Body-language, serve and that amazing forehand one of the comms referred to as "the Dunblane Whip".  When he plays like this he can beat anybody.  Not getting carried away though.  One match at a time ...
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 06:10 AM »

Good, our man!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 07:20 AM »

Good report Hazel.......well done! Thought Davydenko hit some brilliant shots too, including a couple of superb returns, but he was just totally outclassed. Wish he'd shave his whole head though! That bit of hair round the outside makes him look so old!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 07:56 AM »

I am so angry.  I had to go oput when he was playing and so set Sky to record.  It only recorded the second half of the second set and the third.  Am so angry.  Does anyone know where I could perhaps see the first half.  Haven't watched it yet but was hoping to over my breakfast.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 09:36 AM »

Awesome play, awesome forehand from Andy. So glad he showed Davy what "must be a Scottish thing" So happy that he sent him packing in 3 sets!!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 10:32 AM »

Great write up in Guardian today and also Independent but sorry not time to post electronic version links.  Perhaps someone has done so on news items thread?
So good to see Mr Magic back - and may he ensure that he remains there.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 10:44 AM »

That was close to perfection, and against a quality player too! Andys confidence must have been given a great boost from that performance. The other top players will have heard about how good it was too. In particular i was delighted to see him serving so well, that will be his most important shot in this tournament, the rest of his game seems to click nicely into place when he has got a great service rythm going.

Heard Janice Street Porter before the match on radio yesterday slating Andys demeanor and playing style, what a moron she is. Amongst her pearls of wisdom were that she hates 'power players' like Andy, preferring the 'graceful' technique of Nadal!!!!!!!!! Anyone who follows tennis will tell her that she seems to have these descriptions the opposite way round..
Also she criticised Andy for not enjoying himself on court..it annoys me when people say this conveniently ignoring the fact that the other top players are probably even more 'serious' looking on court than Andy is. When did you last see Rafa or Fed having some banter with the crowd and running around the court with a grin on their face?

Anyway, last laugh to Andy after that immaculate, graceful performance, i hope that Janice got to see it, she might even have learned something if she did.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 10:56 AM »

Anyone know what Andy's first serve percentage was?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 11:38 AM »

I think it was 67% Alis search

Yep, some kind person posted the stats on another thread.

Andy's Celebration:  You know whatever it mean't and none of us really know, it's different.  I thought it was a thank you to a higher power.....and that's a good thing, regardless if there isn't much religion in Britain.

At church on Sunday, I said a little prayer for Andy because I just want him to do well and especially get through the first round. Maybe it helped.

Andy played superbly today, relaxed, serve was good.....so yeahhhhh Andy!! Great Statistics!!

MATCH STATISTICS
Overall Match StatsServe StatsReturn StatsDirectional Serve StatsNikolay Davydenko (RUS)  Andy Murray (GBR)
4   Aces 10
3   Double faults 1
42 of 79 = 53 %   1st serves in 40 of 60 = 67 %
25 of 42 = 60 %   1st serve points won 33 of 40 = 83 %
14 of 37 = 38 %   2nd serve points won 15 of 20 = 75 %
129 MPH   Fastest serve 133 MPH
119 MPH   Average 1st serve speed 118 MPH
96 MPH   Average 2nd serve speed 90 MPH
20 of 28 = 71 %   Net points won 8 of 10 = 80 %
0 of 0 = 0 %   Break points won 6 of 13 = 46 %
12 of 60 = 20 %   Receiving points won 40 of 79 = 51 %
23   Winners 27
18   Unforced errors 6
51   Total points won 88

IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 11:57 AM »

At the beginning of the third set,when Davydenko seemed to be recovering and getting into the match at last, Murray, having gone long on a forehand, immediately clutched his knee. Did anyone else notice this?
  Otherwise my nails remained ungnawed. Hope this sucess continues in the second round.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray outclasses Davydenko « Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 01:37 PM »

I think it was 67% Alis search

Yep, some kind person posted the stats on another thread.

Thanks for reposting Bev - a great set of stats especially for an opening match when he must have been nervous.  No I didn't notice the knee bb - clearly it's an unconscious reflex action.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »