Yes of course we should - and I do when I'm really annoyed by some comment or other as those remarks come from people who are ignorant of any real knowledge concerning him. Sometimes I just can't be bothered to argue just make a comment re people who choose to make comments when they don't know the facts - something like that. Tv programmes (even the League of their own Andy was on) use the f word for all to hear, but they use his often unheard words against him - English is after all the most common of languages.
I think the people who moan about Andy are not only ignorant about him but also tennis in general. These are some of the comments I read on newspaper websites during the strike stories
- nobody forces him to play any tournament
- why doesn't he just stop after the US Open
- why doesn't he just play the slams
- why doesn't he just play tournaments in europe
- why doesn't he skip all the clay tournaments
If you're going to comment on tennis then at least know what players can/cannot do. It infuriates me.