Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray outruns the road-runner 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray outruns the road-runner

(Read 2440 times)
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 05:44 PM »

All your comments bear out the annoyance I feel when I mention Andy at the comments that come back from people who simply because of his personality (non-existant to most) and his swearing on court (which is not always apparent but comms seem to dwell on it). I don't mention any more that I follow him, that I'm a fan - they can't seefurther than the end of their noses.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 05:53 PM »

Thanks for the write up Nigel.  So happy that Andy & Jamie won theirs again too!!  highfive

cmonandy One more to go!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Iris, Andy knows how to play Nadal,
He showed the way in how to play Nadal first, way back in AO 2007.
He just has had a few issues with fitness and execution.
He won't just stick to the baseline he'll get Rafa moving about bring em in,
Serve & volley & ghost in at the net etc.
Although I think he could get away with a baseline grind here & there ESP in a 3 setter.
Maybe tomorrow will be a revelation for Andy.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 06:30 PM »

Iris, Andy knows how to play Nadal,
He showed the way in how to play Nadal first, way back in AO 2007.
He just has had a few issues with fitness and execution.
He won't just stick to the baseline he'll get Rafa moving about bring em in,
Serve & volley & ghost in at the net etc.
Although I think he could get away with a baseline grind here & there ESP in a 3 setter.
Maybe tomorrow will be a revelation for Andy.
He does indeed - his confidence dips when he takes on the Big 3 (Fed is the least of these) - somehow he just can't get on top of them - I almost think he feels inferior even though he is genuinely as good as they are. He'll get there one day Iris, I'm sure.
IP Logged
hollyhanson

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 06:46 PM »

It would obviously be great if Murray won.  And Im totally behind him.  It is gonna be a tough match.  The semis at the USOpen this year was an example of a great match between Murray and Nadal.  The score said nothing about the rallys and effort put between both of the players.  I'm hoping for a great match with Murray ending victorious!  But we all know how difficult it will be for either player to win against each other.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 07:10 PM »

Sad not to have any TV coverage to see how he is playing. Watching the points on live scores is just not the same. It would be nice to see the final. I am sure that over three sets that Andy can up his focus for a win. I hope so. Just has to believe and go for it!?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 07:24 PM »

Sad not to have any TV coverage to see how he is playing. Watching the points on live scores is just not the same. It would be nice to see the final. I am sure that over three sets that Andy can up his focus for a win. I hope so. Just has to believe and go for it!?
You can get a livestream on your computer! It's on Livescorehunter and also Bet365 [You need to register for Bet365]!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 07:27 PM »

If you haven't got a home computer, you'll find a Murray v Nadal thread on here tomorrow and you can watch people's posts to find out what's happening!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 07:28 PM »

Sky is at least showing highlights tomorrow evening at 7pm.  Personally I don't really like watching on my pc and as so busy at present haven't therefore watched any of it - which a shame as sounds like he's playing sublimely.  Did see a few clips from Bangkok on ATP uncovered on TV and some great shots there (though didn't like the short haircut!!)  

Jan I know what you mean by reactions to saying one is a fan of Andy's but don't you think we should come out loud and proud for him whenever we can?  Whistle
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 07:55 PM »

Ruthie - I definately agree with you about being loud and proud about Andy - he is a sublime world class player - yes he has some faults (show me someone who doesn't) but at the end of the day he is a true sporting genius and icone.  When you see the behaviours of a certain national Rugby Team and a certain national football No 10. then I think we should be well grateful for our Andy!!!!   I think people's perception of him come a lot from the media and a lot from a certain type of tennis fan - the ones that watch Wimbledon for 2 weeks once a year.  I was sat in front of some people who may have fitted this category at the recent DC event at Braehead, the guy was waxing lyrical about Andy's faults and his shortcomings and then telling the crowd he was with that he really needed to chill about the whole "Come on Tim" thing as it just proved he would never be Tim.  I then started to chat very loudly to the group I was with reeling off all the titles Andy had won and about the great things that he does for the sport - I thought drowing him out was a far better way to deal his obnoxiousness thant confronting him!!!!   I also met some lovely people from south of the border who really appreciated Andy and felt the fact he was Scottish gave him that extra edge and they were full on supporters out there.  I just think he deserves an almightly amout of credit for his consistency to stay in the top four and battle with two of arguably the best players the world has ever seen and also someone who is going to be perhaps the best player in the world.  I think Andy this past two weeks seems like a man on a mission - long may it continue and long may we on here shout from the rooftops about the young man from Dunblane one of the finest sportsmen we have privilidge and honour of watching week in week out. Come on Andy......
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 07:58 PM »

Im very loud & proud   clap   and Im not even from the UK   
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 08:05 PM »

I have noticed the same. Only something mentioned tonight on Sky News that Andy is in the Finals to morrow. I am sorry it stinks. I live in Cyprus so it is worse for me.

he works and plays so hard and no thing mentioned.

The British.!!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 08:38 PM »

Both finals are being shown on Sky 3, from 5.30pm onwards. I don't know if
It's just highlights, but there's 90 mins allocated for each so I think they may extend that rather than just show the highlights.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 08:50 PM »

I have noticed the same. Only something mentioned tonight on Sky News that Andy is in the Finals to morrow. I am sorry it stinks. I live in Cyprus so it is worse for me.

he works and plays so hard and no thing mentioned.

The British.!!

The British, with the exception of MW, are mostly too thick to recognise true class when they see it.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
maxply
Futures Level

Re: Murray outruns the road-runner « Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 09:28 PM »

cmonandy  :cmonjamie:The Spanish tennis players swear far more than Andy ,using words  that would make us all blush including Andy ! 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »