Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury

(Read 6398 times)
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #165 on: November 06, 2011, 11:53 AM »

Do you also agree Curtis71 that our Andy has to turn at least two of his four slam sem-final apperances he had in 2011 into two final apperances in 2012, winning one potentially and also reaching the semi's again of the other two slams to at least challenge Nole effectively? - i for one think he can do it......
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #166 on: November 06, 2011, 12:04 PM »

Sure he can.  C'mon Andy - 2012 is yours for the taking!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #167 on: November 06, 2011, 01:15 PM »

We all need to send healing waves to Andy, so that he will have utter confidence that he is completely fit and able to play in Paris. I have a feeling that Djoko will not have a good year in 2012, because of the toll put on his body last year, back injuries lead to other parts of the body, and he seems to have had problems with his shoulder since before playing Andy in Cinci. Both injuries can flare up when too much pressure is put on them. I wouldn't be surprised if he will have to have surgery on his shoulder and that means quite a lot of rehabilitation. I hope I'm wrong because I would rather Andy won all the big matches by beating Djoko and becoming #1.
Yes Michelle , well said. really hope Andy is fit for Paris.  I also think even if Djoko is fit next year he has a hell of a lot of pressure to defend all those ranking points!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #168 on: November 06, 2011, 01:22 PM »

I think Murray has a great chance of getting to number one. He had a bad start to this year so if he has a good start then surely his confidence will be flying high just as Djokovic's was this year.

as for challengers, you have to say that Djokovic has the game to still maintain his lead, and never write off Nadal, hopefully Feds best years are behind him now and he will stay at number 4 or ferrer takes that spot Smile
Well said Curtis71 and P.T ( WELCOME BACK) our Andy has every chance of becoming number one, i think Andy is just about to have his best year yet in 2012, as a lot of people have posted.
[ Last edit by deb November 06, 2011, 06:43 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #169 on: November 06, 2011, 03:36 PM »

I did my positive thinking it just didnt work Mr Smug won!!  grr
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #170 on: November 06, 2011, 05:50 PM »

They said on Sky that Andy currently has more points than Lleyton Hewitt did when he was #1.  I think that's an interesting stat.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #171 on: November 06, 2011, 06:08 PM »

They said on Sky that Andy currently has more points than Lleyton Hewitt did when he was #1.  I think that's an interesting stat.

Also did from RG-USO in 09.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #172 on: November 06, 2011, 06:41 PM »

wow that is amazing, just shows how hard it is to get to number one at the moment.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #173 on: November 06, 2011, 06:46 PM »

We're forgetting that when Hewitt was ranked 1st, they got 1000 points for winning grand slams (it's now 2000) and 500 for winning Masters events (now 1000).
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #174 on: November 06, 2011, 07:33 PM »

Thank you Mr Full of Lightness for your ever positivity!!!! Those outside the top 4 are a long way back, so of Andy plays as he has been playing with confidence and mixing defence with attack his opponents will find it very difficult to stay with him as Rafa found out in Tokyo, where he admitted that Andy was unstoppable. Please, please Mr. Boogers become a glass half full man and a not a miserable half empy man.
Michelle - I fear Mr B gets his kicks from being a miserable half empty man at least where our Andy is concerned so forget it!   Still there are enough half full people round here for our glasses to be well and truly overflowing when it comes to feeling positive about Andy's chances next year (and end of this year).
Welcome back PT - sorry to hear you've had PC problems.  What's a registry cleaner when it's at home?  Want to make sure I don't make the same mistake!
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #175 on: November 06, 2011, 08:01 PM »

We're forgetting that when Hewitt was ranked 1st, they got 1000 points for winning grand slams (it's now 2000) and 500 for winning Masters events (now 1000).

We aren't.

The ATP/WTA rankings are just about the same, but if you combined them based on points totals

1-4 would be the top 4 men
5-13 would contain the top 8 women

For most of Hewitt's time at #1 he had 8,000-10,000 points in today's terms, bar a couple of months between Wimbledon '02 and USO '02 when he held two slams. Let's not forget, Hewitt won only 2 MS in his career.
[ Last edit by Lurking November 06, 2011, 08:07 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #176 on: November 06, 2011, 08:16 PM »

We aren't.

The ATP/WTA rankings are just about the same, but if you combined them based on points totals

1-4 would be the top 4 men
5-13 would contain the top 8 women

For most of Hewitt's time at #1 he had 8,000-10,000 points in today's terms, bar a couple of months between Wimbledon '02 and USO '02 when he held two slams. Let's not forget, Hewitt won only 2 MS in his career.
what a lot of clever people posting on M.W. i just love finding all these facts out.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #177 on: November 06, 2011, 10:03 PM »

Welcome back PT - sorry to hear you've had PC problems.  What's a registry cleaner when it's at home?  Want to make sure I don't make the same mistake!

it usually sorts out problems with the os, and streamlines the system making it run faster, but sometimes deletes something that you didnt want deleting

dont worry though, you wont make the same mistake unless you purposely download a registry cleaner, though you can usually go back and change them with a decent one
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #178 on: November 06, 2011, 10:05 PM »

Do you also agree Curtis71 that our Andy has to turn at least two of his four slam sem-final apperances he had in 2011 into two final apperances in 2012, winning one potentially and also reaching the semi's again of the other two slams to at least challenge Nole effectively? - i for one think he can do it......

yes i do believe he has too, but i also think he will. his game is still improving, and Nole has to do what he done this year to maintain his No1, and i think our man murray has the beating of him, just so long as murray himself realises his potential and doesnt start playing defensively too often.

his attacking game is awesome to watch and i hope he continues his aggressive play
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #179 on: November 07, 2011, 10:52 AM »

it usually sorts out problems with the os, and streamlines the system making it run faster, but sometimes deletes something that you didnt want deleting

dont worry though, you wont make the same mistake unless you purposely download a registry cleaner, though you can usually go back and change them with a decent one
thanks Curtis. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »