Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury

(Read 6291 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « on: November 02, 2011, 02:44 PM »

Andy Murray has pulled out of the Swiss Indoors in Basle because of a leg injury.

The Scot was due to play Dutchman Robin Haase in the first round on Wednesday.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:48 PM »

The organisers have done the same stupid thing as USO spreading the first round over 3 days with Andy playing on Wednesday with doubles on the same day!

No wonder Andy pulled the plug on singles. No points to defend, it's a no brainer.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:51 PM »

Murray requested a Wednesday start.

I wonder how long he's going to be out for. As it's related to the sciatic nerve he could be a doubt for London?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 02:51 PM »

Sciatica is very painful ,the nerve runs down through your glute in to your leg. I think rest is the only cure.
IP Logged
maxply
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 03:02 PM »

ranting
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 03:03 PM »

I take it he's pulled out of the doubles as well?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 03:07 PM »

If he pulls out of the doubles as well, it's likely to be genuine.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 03:24 PM »

Gutted! Logged on to livescores just now to see Chiudinelli against Haase and my heart sank. Crying or Very sad

I wonder how long this will keep him out for. Think

Such a letdown, just as he was looking to build on his momentum.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 03:25 PM »

Of course it's genuine......He's a genuine guy!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 03:26 PM »

Being he's so fit, it might not keep him out for long!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 03:28 PM »

Of course, Caz.  Hard luck for Andy & Jamie too.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 03:38 PM »

Oh no - just logged in to see how Andy was doing before having to go to a meeting and saw this.  So hope he'll be ok for London both for his end of year ranking and because so looking forward to seeing him. Let's hope some good treatment and rest will sort it.  I wonder if that's why he asked for a wednesday start, if he was already having trouble with it but hoped he could sort it in time?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 03:43 PM »

Yeah I just logged onto the livescores and my heart sank too. Frown 

I just do not believe his bad luck.  When everything was going so well ...

According to the Beeb he's strained his right gluteal, i.e. a muscle that runs over your bum.  If it happened while he was training, I just hope he's pulled out as a precaution and that it isn't anything too serious.  pray

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 03:51 PM »

Yeah I just logged onto the livescores and my heart sank too. Frown 

I just do not believe his bad luck.  When everything was going so well ...

According to the Beeb he's strained his right gluteal, i.e. a muscle that runs over your bum.  If it happened while he was training, I just hope he's pulled out as a precaution and that it isn't anything too serious.  pray

If it's a strain, that could well be the case Aileen.  And given he doesn't have points to lose here makes sense to be cautious.  Fingers and everything else crossed!  nervous  pray pray
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 03:59 PM »

Press conference photos:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/photo?slug=0135dcd3626dd1a9b956c4100b8dd4e5-getty-506947068#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cgetty%3A20050301%3Aten%2Cphoto%2C465dac0f1d246fd1a026741d548773a4-getty-131163004%3A1
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »