Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury

(Read 6522 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 04:03 PM »

If it's a strain, that could well be the case Aileen.  And given he doesn't have points to lose here makes sense to be cautious.  Fingers and everything else crossed!  nervous  pray pray
Depends on just how bad a strain.  Just checked on the internet and even a mild one could take up to two weeks.

Just thinking - this is the third time this year he's suffered an injury while practising before a match - Monte Carlo (elbow), French Open (groin - although that fortunately was two or three days before his first match) and now this ...  I'm still in shock!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 04:09 PM »

The doctor think it happened in his sleep - it was a freak accident. He has his own physio and will have anti inflammatories, ice, heat and all the treatment to get this right, he hopes to be ready for Paris.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10 PM »

Didn't realise he requested a Wednesday start.

Main thing for Andy is to rest up and make sure he is 100% for WTF.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 04:11 PM »

There's no point getting too worried right now.
Lets see if it was just a precaution to keep himself
for bigger challenges ahead.
Ive a feeling it is.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 04:26 PM »

The doctor think it happened in his sleep - it was a freak accident. He has his own physio and will have anti inflammatories, ice, heat and all the treatment to get this right, he hopes to be ready for Paris.
He must be one heck of a restless sleeper!  Oh well, I knew somebody who dislocated their shoulder while they were asleep, so ... Shrug

I've a strong feeling though that it isn't too serious because if it was he'd surely have pulled out a lot sooner.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 04:26 PM »

Apparently he did say in his press conference that he was optimistic he will play in Paris next week. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 04:29 PM »

I'm sure his physio will do everything he can.  Andy most certainly won't want to miss Paris.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 04:32 PM »

I had something similar years ago.    It started as a niggle one day and I could almost ignore it

but after a night's sleep I was in agony.     Andy looks so sad in the photos I don't know whether

to scream with frustration or cry.     
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 04:40 PM »

I had something similar years ago.    It started as a niggle one day and I could almost ignore it

but after a night's sleep I was in agony.     Andy looks so sad in the photos I don't know whether

to scream with frustration or cry

That's exactly how I feel.  Absolutely hellish bad luck, and he was so determined he wanted to win his 4th straight title.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 04:41 PM »

What a disappointng thing to happen - this tourney would have given me something else to think about this week apart from a hospital visit for remedial treatment - wasn't looking forward to it too much - but there would have been Andy's matches to look forward to.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 04:45 PM »

What a disappointng thing to happen - this tourney would have given me something else to think about this week apart from a hospital visit for remedial treatment - wasn't looking forward to it too much - but there would have been Andy's matches to look forward to.
Awww Jan ... hug
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 04:46 PM »

Doubles match not cancelled as yet...  still scheduled for 6.30 pm http://www.flashscores.co.uk/tennis/   
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 04:52 PM »

Can't believe he'd still play in doubles! He's either 'match fit' or he isn't!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 05:28 PM »

Absolutely, Caz.  If he plays doubles, then he's lost a lot of credibility with me.  If he can't move around the court in singles than how the heck can he do so in doubles?   Surely though this must be an oversight.  Can't believe he would jeopardise Paris, or even more importantly the WTF.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 05:31 PM »

Poor Andy.

Hope he does not play doubles. It could make it worse.

He has all the people  to look after him.

When I was working at the events in Hong Kong it was amazing what they can do.  He will be fine for Paris and onto London.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »