Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury

(Read 6421 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #210 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21 AM »

Yes, and it's gone to his head soooo much, it's a wonder he doesn't need a wheelbarrow to cart it around in! With all this adulation, I wonder why he still feels the need to try and make himself look bigger by making other players look small!! shocking Nah.....Mr. Great Tennis Player he may be, but Mr. Charming.....he ain't! I can't abide people like that!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #211 on: November 09, 2011, 07:42 AM »

Caz, his comments about Andy b4 the A.O did it for me. Up to then gave him the benefit of the doubt. Such a shame, but I really don't think he's too bright/clever either.....no I mean it!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #212 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13 AM »

Caz, his comments about Andy b4 the A.O did it for me. Up to then gave him the benefit of the doubt. Such a shame, but I really don't think he's too bright/clever either.....no I mean it!
Yeah.....you're probably right BBH!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #213 on: November 09, 2011, 09:01 AM »

Wonderful tennis player, yes - great ambassador for the sport and role model NO!  I just cannot understand why so many people connected with the sport don't see through him.  Maybe they do and just don't want to be seen to be out of step with the fawning throng!
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #214 on: November 09, 2011, 09:06 AM »

i agree, i used to think he was a great player and very modest, up until what happened at the o2 last year. since then i have seen nothing to make me change my mind about feds, only things that have endorsed my reasons for not liking him

yes, he is a great player, and has been for a long time, a truly remarkable naturally gifted player....but not a very nice man
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #215 on: November 09, 2011, 07:55 PM »

I saw an article in todays paper Mr Smug was praising Andy saying he would have a good year in 2012.
It just makes you wonder why he was being so nice about Andy. He is usually horrible about him makes me wonder what he's up to.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #216 on: November 09, 2011, 08:27 PM »

I saw an article in todays paper Mr Smug was praising Andy saying he would have a good year in 2012.
It just makes you wonder why he was being so nice about Andy. He is usually horrible about him makes me wonder what he's up to.
He is up to no good!!LB if you ask me !!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #217 on: November 09, 2011, 09:47 PM »

yes, he is a great player, and has been for a long time, a truly remarkable naturally gifted player....but not a very nice man
Quite honestly I could watch Federer play for hours on end.  He's turned the sport into an art form.  I suppose it's just too much to expect that humility and "niceness" automatically form part of the package
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #218 on: November 09, 2011, 10:37 PM »

I used to love watching Federer but when he first swaggered on to the centre court at Wimbledon
wearing that white suit with the gold embroidery I went right off him.    A friend drooled over him
and thought he looked so elegant.     I thought he looked like a poser and never really trusted him
after that.    We all look at the same picture and see something totally different.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #219 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54 PM »

I agree with Aileen though, he is very elegant player, and he makes the game look easy.

He doesnt need to run around the court like a headless chicken, because he reads the game so well he is nearly always in the right place at the right time
Alas, being great on court doesnt make him a great personality....shame that

i remember the gold lining at wimbledon....that was definately too much Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #220 on: November 10, 2011, 07:18 AM »

It was the gold handbag wot done it, a bling too far  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #221 on: November 10, 2011, 07:20 AM »

I used to love watching Federer but when he first swaggered on to the centre court at Wimbledon
wearing that white suit with the gold embroidery I went right off him.    A friend drooled over him
and thought he looked so elegant.     I thought he looked like a poser and never really trusted him
after that.    We all look at the same picture and see something totally different.
    lmao lmao Did he really? It's just as well I missed that.......I'd have wet myself laughing! w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #222 on: November 10, 2011, 02:58 PM »

It was the gold handbag wot done it, a bling too far  Whistle
Definitely!  Also I find his RF monogram over everything a little OTT.  I wonder how long he'll keep all this ostentation up when he slides out of the top 5 ... then the top 10 ...?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray pulls out of Basle due to injury « Reply #223 on: November 10, 2011, 03:19 PM »

Quite honestly I could watch Federer play for hours on end.  He's turned the sport into an art form.  I suppose it's just too much to expect that humility and "niceness" automatically form part of the package

Can you? I can't even get past his face let alone watch anything else. The only time I watch him when he is up against a good player and I expect an upset. lol.

I find his game very straight forward and predictable. Yes, his shots are beautiful and carefully orchestrated, but 90% of the time, I can tell which way they are heading or where they are about to land. It has become utterly predictable for me over the years and that's with minimum watching.

I think the worst of it all, for me anyway, is the fact that my BF is an ardent Fed lover (understatement). I often want to tell him that there’s a life before, during or after and to get one. But of course, I don’t mean to hurt his feelings so I play nice but it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life (tennis-wise of course). It sounds silly but there’s a good chance we may fall out in the future because of this. He’s okay with Andy thankfully or pretends so, but clearly I am not. I guess I can try and be a better person but it’s just that Fed makes it so hard for me. As I said, I can’t even get past his face…
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »