Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray pulls out of French Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray pulls out of French Open

(Read 3569 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #60 on: June 04, 2013, 07:13 PM »

I am so pleased for Tsonga.well done.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #61 on: June 04, 2013, 11:55 PM »

yay yay yay

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Barring no setbacks in the next couple of days I will be making an appearence at the club of the queen next week! #backontrack
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 12:11 AM »

Great news!  But please let there be no setbacks pray  I don't think he'd have made this announcement though unless his participation was 99% certain.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 12:23 AM »

yay yay yay

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
Barring no setbacks in the next couple of days I will be making an appearence at the club of the queen next week! #backontrack

Its really nice of Andy to let us know that so early on. He didn't have to! I'm assusming all is pretty well with the back, and he must be really excited by it, hence he tweeted it so late at night ---like he couldn't sleep without telling us!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #64 on: June 05, 2013, 12:30 AM »

Maybe that's just when dani saw it and posted it on here, not the actual time of the tweet.  There's no doubt thought that he must be raring to go!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #65 on: June 05, 2013, 12:33 AM »

Maybe that's just when dani saw it and posted it on here, not the actual time of the tweet.

No Aileen,I was on twitter and it just popped up on my twitter timeline right before I posted it Smile

So he definitely tweeted it in the last little while.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #66 on: June 05, 2013, 12:39 AM »

It will be brilliant to see him, assuming all does continue to go well. If the weather continues to behave it could be fun. Andy tends to produce the good stuff at Queen's when it's sunny!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #67 on: June 05, 2013, 12:43 AM »

No Aileen,I was on twitter and it just popped up on my twitter timeline right before I posted it Smile

So he definitely tweeted it in the last little while.
So it really does seem to be keeping him awake.  I think that's a pretty good indication of the tremendous relief he must be feeling after all the frustration and uncertainty of the last few weeks. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #68 on: June 05, 2013, 06:34 AM »

Really good news. Have tickets. Please be there Andy wub
And seeing Jo will be verrry nice too  wub
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #69 on: June 05, 2013, 10:07 AM »

In a way the niggly back may prove to be a blessing.  He always feels more confident on grass, and after making the wimby final last year and winning the olympics, so he should be!  He will be wanting to improve on last year where he made an embarrassing exit to Mahut, and it seems that he is genuinely excited by the thought of getting back on the court.  This is Andy's happy time of year, he gets to live at home and train and play locally.  No long flights, hotel rooms, places you don't really want to be.  Friends, family, Maggie the dog, his favourite shows on TV and an adoring public ready to cheer him all the way to wimbledon glory.  He also seems to have been watching a lot of the french open judging by his tweets, which is good also, because Andy loves to study the form of his opponents.

Can't wait for the grass court tennis to start! Also with Fed losing yesterday Andy is guaranteed to be #2 seed for Wimbledon.  He could end up with just Ferrer on his side of the draw with a bit of luck, and Nole, Fed and Nadal fighting it out in the other half.  We can but hope!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 10:31 AM »

an adoring public ready to cheer him all the way to wimbledon glory.

Missed that one.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 02:00 PM »

It would be nice if Murray got the same support at Wimbledon (against Federer) that Tsonga did yesterday from the French fans.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 06:12 PM »

Well we will have to wait and see wont we. The way the crowd behaved at the O2 was appalling. Wimbledon crowds should support Andy but I would not take it for granted he should have home support but I would not count on it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 06:34 PM »

It would be nice if Murray got the same support at Wimbledon (against Federer) that Tsonga did yesterday from the French fans.

It would be nice. Can't we just stick in a request for the Olympics crowds? They were fun!

Seriously, it will be interesting to see how Andy is received this year. He will be playing his first Wimbles since he won his first slam, and the Olympic gold. That should mean that the Wimbles crowd will get the idea, if push comes to shove, Andy can win. Mind you, will they get their noses out of their Pimm's long enough to notice?

I hope they remember that Andy fought in the final last year. He didn't just roll over to Smugfed, he did everything he possibly could to turn the match back in his favour. I'd like to think they will remember that moment, which still chokes me up, when Andy stood on that court after the final, took the microphone off Sue Barker and spoke to that crowd personally, even when he was gutted. I hope the crowds remember how that crowd that day chanted Andy's name in response.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray pulls out of French Open « Reply #74 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38 PM »

Erm, I think he did already last year, not only at Olympics, but also the Wimbledon Final.... granted, Wimbledon Final was a bit more 50/50, but it's not like there was 0 Andy support there.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »