Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray dodges a bullet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray dodges a bullet

(Read 1970 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray dodges a bullet « Reply #120 on: July 06, 2013, 07:00 PM »

Oh no! Deja vu!  Rolling Eyes
"Classy" is the upper class t***S at Wimbledon with their privilege and their pyms....not"
"Classy" is a subjective, value laden judgement used as a catch all to criticise behaviour one doesn't like.
Thought we were now a "classless" society, or supposed to be.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray dodges a bullet « Reply #121 on: July 06, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Can someone please tell me what actually happened?

Sabine it wasn't any one particular incident although finger wagging (not clear if at Andy or the crowd) was really not on.  And the endless pushing to get the roof closed from an early point was clearly aimed at benefiting his own game.  But I disliked the noise he made - reminded me a bit of Stan when he beat Andy at I think USO - and apparently he was talking to himself during points, which I think was offputting for Andy.  All in all he came across as rather arrogant and as I said in Andy's face.  Given so many of us felt that, I don't think it was just a subjective response on my part.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray dodges a bullet « Reply #122 on: July 06, 2013, 07:36 PM »

Sabine it wasn't any one particular incident although finger wagging (not clear if at Andy or the crowd) was really not on.  And the endless pushing to get the roof closed from an early point was clearly aimed at benefiting his own game.  But I disliked the noise he made - reminded me a bit of Stan when he beat Andy at I think USO - and apparently he was talking to himself during points, which I think was offputting for Andy.  All in all he came across as rather arrogant and as I said in Andy's face.  Given so many of us felt that, I don't think it was just a subjective response on my part.

Thanks for answering my question, Ruthie. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray dodges a bullet « Reply #123 on: July 06, 2013, 07:38 PM »

You're welcome Sabine: realised no one had answered it directly
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray dodges a bullet « Reply #124 on: July 06, 2013, 07:38 PM »

Yes Sabine, Ruthie hit nail on head. Lot of strutting and there is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance. Felt he crossed it yesterday. did NOT like the finger wagging and whining about how long before the roof would shut - it was like asking when will it rain? Really! Maybe he acted as he did to combat nerves but he certainly didn't endear himself to many. Think if he'd been plying a US player in New York or Frenchman in Paris he'd've got a lot more crowd abuse. We're a bit polite in Wimbledon!
IP Logged
meglisse

Re: Murray dodges a bullet « Reply #125 on: July 07, 2013, 02:44 AM »

Janowicz demonstrates inappropriate behaviour.  The majority of the national Press alluded to it in Saturday‚Äôs papers. Liking or disliking him is very much a matter of personal taste, but there is no doubt that he behaves inappropriately. Yes, he is a bit arrogant and confrontational, but what worries me is his aggressiveness, which is directed at others from a massive 6ft 8-inch frame.  I was concerned for the safety of that female umpire at the AO this year. And no, frankly, even if you are a chap with a big personality, it is very inappropriate to aggresively gesticulate and verbally abuse your opponent from the other side of the net for 3 hours and than hug them like a long lost friend.
Well done Mr. Murray for managing to remain as polite as ever on court and for thrashing him with your racquet.

PS Thank you, boogers and all authors for such good post match reports, much appreciated.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray dodges a bullet « Reply #126 on: July 07, 2013, 10:44 AM »

I forgot to mention this before, I really like the headline. Smile

Well done, Boogers.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »