Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters

(Read 4412 times)
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 11:08 PM »

Seems like I will have to get out some of my 50 or so DVD's of Andy if I want to see him next week. How many matches has he actually played so far this year. We dont seem to have seen that much of him - or is that just my imagination?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Simply didn't fancy the slippy blue stuff.
Certainly looks like he could have tried it and found it wanting.  Maybe he did slip.  Maybe Lendl encouraged him to pull out.  Goodness knows.

If he really is injured, then it would be a courtesy to his fans to be less vague about it.  Sorry, but it makes me angry when he does this because it only gives rise to negative speculation.

EDIT: From a report on ESPN News -
The player from Scotland will miss out on the opportunity to play on the new blue clay at the Madrid Open. It's replacing the traditional red-clay surface at the event, but players have complained it's slippery and provides a different bounce.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 05, 2012, 12:57 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 07:37 AM »

Such a bummer Frown But Madrid is an unknown and Rome much better practise or RG, so like you all I really hope it's merely precautionary.
Aileen, that's a trifle speculative......
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 08:48 AM »

Wonder if he had the injury already when playing Raonic?  You never know with Andy....
That thought came into my mind when I read the news. Maybe he started to get problems in Barca... we'll never know.
There's only one good thing and that is I'll get more jobs done in the house and garden. Will keep one eye on the Madrid tournament, just to see who is in or out.

Good to see Andy doing the right thing and resting up.   stretcher Very Sad   Get well soon flowers
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 10:36 AM »

Very sad but the best thing to do.  They must look after their bodies. I wonder if it was at Barcelona as at one point I thought 'oh no' as Andy did clutch his back a couple of times.  Rest and recuperate Andy.  Nothing is worth injuring yourself for. (bad english).  Looking forward to Rome.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Yes, I think somthing did happen in Barcelona rather tentative a few times reaching for a ball. Good thing he pulled out of Madrid because I believe it is a very slippery surface. a few players may tumble. He will be fine for Rome and RG.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 02:09 PM »

Maybe I'll sort through my videos and find some old Andy matches to watch search

I'll do much the same. In fact I do it all the time
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 02:30 PM »

We are all Murray starved!
We all know when Andy moves well he plays well... so I hope he gets the rest and appropriate treatment to help him with his back issue.. then he can move like a sleek roaring cat with his sharp claws out, ready to draw blood.
Miss watching our boy, but I'd much rather wait than see him do further damage to himself.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 02:57 PM »

Aileen, that's a trifle speculative......
So nobody else on here is being speculative?  As I've already said it's lack of information qualifying these announcements that gives rise to speculation.  If the injury was picked up in Barcelona then, in fairness to his fans, why not say so?

Yes, I think somthing did happen in Barcelona rather tentative a few times reaching for a ball. Good thing he pulled out of Madrid because I believe it is a very slippery surface. a few players may tumble. He will be fine for Rome and RG.
I noticed him clutch his back in the Raonic match, but sometimes with Andy you can't be sure because he often clutches parts of his body when the pressure's on.
If it is his back, then the fact that he was apparently able to practise in Madrid suggests it could be a muscle strain which, very sensibly, he doesn't want to aggravate, something that could be likely on this surface, which Nadal has described in the article linked below as "soft and slippery".

Fortunately the ATP were granted the use of this surface for only one year "with the understanding that it will be reviewed following the event, of course taking into account feedback from players."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/tennis/2012/05/04/madrid_open_rafael_nadal_blames_atp_for_allowing_blue_clay/

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 04:08 PM »

No!! When did this back injury occur? Was it in practice! does anyone know?  Well that is it for me wont be watching any tennis till Andy is playing. The passion the love is just not there for me when Andy is not playing, can't help it that is the way I am, Andy is what makes tennis exciting for me, otherwise it is just  zz
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 04:10 PM »

I have quite a few Dvd's of Andy of days gone by, think I will just watch a few of those, and then I will be fine, till he is playing in the next tournament! Andy I miss YOU!!!!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 04:12 PM »

I've bought from this guy before. Here's a list of his Murray matches:

http://www.tennisdvds.net/player.asp
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 04:17 PM »

Seems like I will have to get out some of my 50 or so DVD's of Andy if I want to see him next week. How many matches has he actually played so far this year. We dont seem to have seen that much of him - or is that just my imagination?

It feel's like that to me too araminta, but maybe it just seems so, but I feel as though I have not seen him play much at all. I'm definitely having withdrawal symptoms.  Shrug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 05:06 PM »

It doesn't affect me so much as would not have been able to watch much this week anyway as away from home most of the week.  But as said earlier it doesn't augur well for RG.
While I agree with Aileen that it's frustrating for us not knowing the nature of this injury and when it happened [I too noticed some clutching of the back in MC earlier in the week as didn't see Raonic match], Andy may well have his reasons for keeping quiet about his injuries.  
Do hope whatever it  is he's back for Rome and that it won't affect his preparation for RG too much .pray
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 05:11 PM »

^^ As somebody said, maybe it isn't a good idea to divulge these things to your opponents.  After all it's now known that Federer played for years with a back problem which he kept quiet about.  Probably explains why he skipped so many tournaments.

I'm a bit disappointed Andy isn't playing, but I'm a fan of the sport in general and get pleasure from watching other players as well.  At least it should be a stress-free tourney!
[ Last edit by Aileen May 05, 2012, 05:15 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »