Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters

(Read 4429 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #60 on: May 07, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Too bad about no Andy in Madrid, but they say things happen for the best, so ....  I'm sure it will be for the best in the long run. Take care, Andy!~
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #61 on: May 07, 2012, 07:01 PM »

yes, it was the beginning of the second set. as I mentioned before i think he felt he had to increase his power on his serve, this could have been the problem./ he will recover and bounce back, Also have talks with his team which is so important. again it is the mental side of things. he has the game. but have the confidence.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36 PM »

PS Thanks to everyone who posted their best wishes recently when I mentioned I was about to experience parenthood for the first time, I'm happy to report that my wife Karen and I now have an amazing wee baby boy, Paul Andrew Sturgeon who weighed in at a nice 6 lbs 8oz. Both baby and his heroic mum are now out of hospital and at home, I look forward to introducing Paul to the delights of following and cheering on Andy in the next few years!
Congratulations from me as well.  What a wee smasher Paul Andrew is.  Glad that both he and his mother are doing well and hope the father is making a good recovery!!  Bless you all. hug

IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Wow congratulations, what a beautiful baby , very best wishes.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 11:22 PM »

Congratulations, mcenroe. Lovely picture. I realise that I'm the first male on MW to add my greetings.

We guys who did some of the hard work have to stick together. Enjoy your baby son, he will grow up very quickly.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #65 on: May 08, 2012, 01:22 AM »

Many congrats to you and your wife on the birth of Paul Andrew - may he enjoy tennis more than my own Paul Andrew! And a Taurean to boot - such a good star sign (and so obviously a biased opinion Whistle )
Hehe..that's spooky sharing the same names and star sign like that! Thanks everyone for your kind words, it's a joyous time for us, he really is an amazing wee boy. Without getting too 'deep' about it, it's something we had been told probably would never happen for us which makes it extra special. Hopefully wee Paul will be a mascot for numerous Andy successes and that 2012 will be the year that all our dreams come true. I'd like to be able to say to him one day that he was born in the year that Britain produced it's first slam winner in seventy-odd years!
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 01:42 AM »

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy !!  my gosh , he is adorable , and I love his name .  ( one of mine is named Andrew Paul )

Enjoy every minute and take good care of mommy  Smile

IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #67 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54 AM »

Lovely pic. Congratulations!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 09:51 AM »

Haven't been on MW for a while. Saw a lot of questions about the reason of pulling out. Bit worried about it! What kind of injury is it? An old one? When started? During or before the Raonic match? The tweets from Andy are about Lego (?!) and football or so, so that doesn''t help....

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 10:53 AM »

Hehe..that's spooky sharing the same names and star sign like that! Thanks everyone for your kind words, it's a joyous time for us, he really is an amazing wee boy. Without getting too 'deep' about it, it's something we had been told probably would never happen for us which makes it extra special. Hopefully wee Paul will be a mascot for numerous Andy successes and that 2012 will be the year that all our dreams come true. I'd like to be able to say to him one day that he was born in the year that Britain produced it's first slam winner in seventy-odd years!

My grandma was told she'd never have any more than the one (my mother).  I'm happy to report that my mum has 2 brothers and 3 sisters Very Happy 
IP Logged
chibi
Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #70 on: May 09, 2012, 06:03 PM »

looks like Murray has 'the blues'
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #71 on: May 12, 2012, 03:55 PM »

It is all about the summer for Andy, no chances will be taken.  He will say all the right things and do his best at Rome and RG, but we all know the only thing on his mind is those two trips to Wimbledon.  Nadal shows no signs of being able to reach the level of last year and you feel a massive dip in points is looming.  Fed and Nole can both be beaten by Andy on grass, I have no doubts about that.  Very excited about the summer, just want him to come through the clay in one piece, the rest will take care of itself.

He did well in Rome last year, it is a favourite venue of his, so I am expecting good things.  Let's see what he and Ivan have been up to in the rest/recuperation week - aside from Lego and so on!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #72 on: May 12, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Well Lendl is other side of Atlantic at present sg.  I don't think they're meeting up again until week before RG.  Of course I'm sure they're communicating nevertheless.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #73 on: May 13, 2012, 10:18 AM »

Let's hope he's match fit for Rome.  Regardless of what folk think of Federer, he's proving that he's still very much a force to be reckoned with.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray pulls out of Madrid Masters « Reply #74 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33 PM »

Couldsomeone explain why Andy has lost 360 points instead of 180 at Madrid. Federer does seem to be getting his 'second wind'
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »