Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed

(Read 3597 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #120 on: August 24, 2011, 06:20 PM »

Actually, I hope so. I just want Andy to be in the different half from Djokovic in that if all goes well, he will meet Novak in the final.

Revenge being very sweet.
I feel exactly the same way.Let's hope that lady luck is on Andy's side.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #121 on: August 24, 2011, 06:27 PM »

I feel exactly the same way.Let's hope that lady luck is on Andy's side.
I suspect it's going to be more important who Andy meets earlier in the draw than which half he's in given that both Rafa and Nole are jaded at present and I find it difficult to believe either will be back to full throttle - even though they do rise to the occasion of GSs.  When you think about it they've both had a month's rest and yet look really tired.  Just hope this isn't wishful thinking on my part.
On other hand if he has too many really tough matches before he gets to the SF [and I'm hoping and   pray ing he does get that far at v least] then he too could be tired by then.  Oh well not much longer to speculate.  yay
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #122 on: August 24, 2011, 06:49 PM »

I'm surprised none of you guys knew about the stats situation for these 2, given everything!
What have you all been doing?
Just joking.
BTW The data is on the ATP website for all to see.
Also Nadal is only a year older than Murray but he's already played 636 tour matches (a far more `senior` player)! Given the way he plays I suspect he may retire before Roger does (almost 1000) although I hope not.
Anyway when we pressure Andy to get a slam next week
because of our past stats induced fear its always better to have a look at the ones that actually pertain to the players we are discussing, they tell a more accurate story
of the present situation going on than the stats of `ATP tours Past` ever can.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #123 on: August 24, 2011, 07:33 PM »

I'm surprised none of you guys knew about the stats situation for these 2, given everything!
Just joking.
Also Nadal is only a year older than Murray but he's already played 636 tour matches (a far more `senior` player)! Given the way he plays I suspect he may retire before Roger does (almost 1000) although I hope not.
because of our past stats induced fear its always better to have a look at the ones that actually pertain to the players we are discussing, they tell a more accurate story
Yes I guess I just took what was said about them at face value.  I don't spend much time looking at the stats .  doh
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #124 on: August 24, 2011, 07:46 PM »

Its Tomorrow Debs,

I wonder if Murray is in Nadal's half yet again.......
Thanks Theycanbillme, yes i bet Andy will be in Nadal,s half , and OSS is right how sweet would that be, beat Nadal and then Djokovic!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #125 on: August 24, 2011, 07:49 PM »

"I noticed how in his interview after the SF he was saying how Andy and he are same age etc, the unspoken message being 'look at what I've achieved' relative to him, or at least that's how it seemed to me..."

@Ruthie
I doubt he really does, at the back of his mind at least unless he's trying to kid himself that is.
As they are simply not the same tennis generation.
Novak has neary 500 games (Murray just over 400) on the tour under his belt and has played the other top 2 20 more times to boot.
He started in 2003 while Murray started in 2005.
Novak is one of the youngest members of the Nadal period (with players like Simon, Verdasco etc) which is inbetween Federer's and Murray's.
By a similar measure John Isner despite being 26 is much`younger` than Murray, in fact he could be counted as one of the youngest of the next gen with less than 200 games on the tour under his belt.
Lets hope Novak & Andy's development path will follow the way it always has so far, with Novak moving ahead only to have Murray eventually come back and beat him in succession.
Awesome! Thanks TCBM!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #126 on: August 24, 2011, 08:12 PM »

It is a bit curious to suddenly hear that Djokovic has a shoulder problem. He didn't seem to complain about it all this while because he was winning. If he had been leading in this match against Andy, I'm sure the shoulder problem wouldn't have come up.

But he knew he was outplayed and he used the shoulder excuse to bail out instead of being wiped in straight sets. At least others had the decency to accept that they are not playing well and that the better player won. Djokovic used his shoulder as an excuse to avoid saying that Andy played better than him...

It is his ego that was really injured..

I hope Andy can complete the straight set win against him in the coming US Open...

I seen Agassi do this many times when he was losing.  Suddenly there's an injury.  Let's face it, if you are losing , there must be a reason for some players, and of course it must be an injury, definitely not that the opponent is playing better.  Let's face it, if you lose due to injury, you still have that aura, but if you just plain lose, then people will look at you like you are beatable.....and we can't have that.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #127 on: August 24, 2011, 08:28 PM »

Just joking.
I am afraid i am like Ruthie havnt really looked myself at the stats, good job we have you to put us straight TCBM, just listened to them banging on that Muzza should have won a G.S. being the same age as Djoko, but Fed didnt win one untill he was 23 i think and Andy was only 24 in may,
[ Last edit by deb August 25, 2011, 09:16 AM ] IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #128 on: August 24, 2011, 09:35 PM »

I think Federer won Wimbledon when he was 21. He turned 22 in the August (2003 I think.)
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #129 on: August 24, 2011, 09:53 PM »

This number of matches on tour thing is a bit misleading. If Andy had been more successful, he'd have played more matches. Isner has played only 200 cos he's not as good as Murray or Djokovic and tends to go out in round two or three, while Andy and Nole tend to make semis and finals.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #130 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18 AM »

Interesting Aileen  i cannot see  Fish winning the USO, dont think he has the staying power for possible 5 set matches over two weeks!!Our Andy going to win it, and this time next year i think Andy will be not to far behind Djoko.
Oh goodness, I wasn't suggesting Fish would win the USO, just posting a factual comment.

As it's a bit difficult to explain quickly how the Olympus US Open Series works here's the link for anyone who's interested - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Open_Series
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #131 on: August 25, 2011, 09:08 AM »

Oh goodness, I wasn't suggesting Fish would win the USO, just posting a factual comment.

As it's a bit difficult to explain quickly how the Olympus US Open Series works here's the link for anyone who's interested - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Open_Series
Thanks Aileen that explained it very well had no idea,  i only said i cannot see Fish winning although it has been talked about after his run recently, because i would hate him to win!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #132 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15 AM »

I think Federer won Wimbledon when he was 21. He turned 22 in the August (2003 I think.)
yes your right Patsy, just shows shouldnt listen to what your friends tell you!!
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #133 on: August 25, 2011, 09:23 AM »

No probs Deb but Fed didn't have the strong competition that Andy has to contend with when he nailed his first grand slam title!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray puts tired Djokovic to bed « Reply #134 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59 AM »

This number of matches on tour thing is a bit misleading. If Andy had been more successful, he'd have played more matches. Isner has played only 200 cos he's not as good as Murray or Djokovic and tends to go out in round two or three, while Andy and Nole tend to make semis and finals.
Yes agreed but it's also that Nole joined the tour at a younger age than Andy isn't it?  And I'd not realised just how much younger.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »