Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray races through to last eight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray races through to last eight

(Read 3221 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 06:59 PM »

Good report. Andy will tighten up his game he needs to work his way back into the tournament after 
all the delays. His forehand was working well against Deliciano as was his serve, so that will come back and will be on song for the FINAL.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 07:00 PM »

needs to raise his level.
Nothing personal to you but I get so bored of this type of post-match comment because we all know that Andy generally does what is required based on his opponent rather than going above and beyond.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 07:00 PM »

Yes he does need to raise his level but that's what the best players do.  Job done in what have been difficult circumstances.  Let's just be pleased he's through and that his next opponent is still slugging it out.
  Yes Ruthie quite so, job done. yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 07:05 PM »

Nicely crafted match report Andrew.  I was surprised that there seemed to be so much support for Andy and so he wasn't having to play against the crowd like I'd expected.  Of course there was cheering for Young but he never gave them enough to get into it and there were clearly some Andy fans out there. 
Now bbh would that be blueberry gin then?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09 PM »

Nothing personal to you but I get so bored of this type of post-match comment because we all know that Andy generally does what is required based on his opponent rather than going above and beyond.
As Andy says, it's about peaking at the optimal time and not before.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 07:15 PM »

Isner vs Simon match nearly 3 hours of play and 1-1 in the 4th set.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 07:16 PM »

Not sure where to post this but the interview with Mark Petchey and Andy, Rosco and Fleming has been posted by Andy onto his facebook page.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 07:19 PM »

[/quot
oh good means Simon has broken back.  Will go down and watch.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 07:20 PM »

Unusually enough some nice words for Andy, from Sky Sport:

Murray through in a hurry
Scot wastes little time in booking quarter-final berth.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 07:22 PM »

Not sure where to post this but the interview with Mark Petchey and Andy, Rosco and Fleming has been posted by Andy onto his facebook page.

I posted it in Murray Videos last night. Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 07:24 PM »

2 games all in the 4th, Isner vs Simon. 2 sets to Isner.
Looks like Andy wont get his wish fullfilled as Simon has had the physio on.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26 PM »

Just seen that now but thanks for bringing it to my attention Michelle Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26 PM »

Great!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 07:28 PM »

Also a photo on Andy's facebook of him practicing his serve after the Young match.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 07:37 PM »

It's a different video Andrew - I can't get it to post on here.  Similar to the one you posted but got Flemming on there too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »