Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray races through to last eight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray races through to last eight

(Read 3214 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 07:38 PM »

2 games all in the 4th, Isner vs Simon. 2 sets to Isner.
Looks like Andy wont get his wish fullfilled as Simon has had the physio on.

Still playing.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 07:43 PM »

Now bbh would that be blueberry gin then?

Yum! But I do have some Sloe in the cupboard...
Iashurst, count me in with scotch and wine, not fussy Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 07:45 PM »

Also a photo on Andy's facebook of him practicing his serve after the Young match.
Thats true grit. Polishig his serve up for tomorrow. he'll need it against Isner, if its him that wins.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 07:50 PM »

Great win for Andy, just as easy as I expected.  Andy never played that well which is great, means there is plenty more to come this week.

Everything is going for him apart from the weather.  Nadal is ticking over but isn't at the level he was at Wimby or RG IMO.  Andy would have a good chance against him, especially as in the two big matches played in slams on hard Andy has won the last two since he lost that 5 setter in Australia what seems like an eternity ago.  Last time they played in NY Andy took him apart.

And Simon is battling hard to take the fourth set so they are having a marathon which can only help Andy, especially since he would beat either of them no problem.

All looking good, apart from what is going to be a heavy schedule.  The best answer to that problem is to win quickly, which he did today.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59 PM »

Still playing.
Shame for Simon. Its another tie breaker and John can just conjure up multiple aces...
Dont fancy Simons chances.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 08:00 PM »

Situation with Roddick Ferrer seriously rediculous out on court 13 because of a crack in the surface on armstrong.  Roddick really got out of his pram with referee.

Good job from Andy (although 2nd set could  have been better) still what does Frauderer always say you have to find a way to win when not playing your best. Well done Andy good job and quick too.

Isner/Simon in 4th set tie break would be good if Simon could take it to 5.

See Ferrer has taken Roddick to a 4th and wouldnt you know Novak is next on Ashe to play his quarter final. Another day off for him tommorrow unless it rains.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01 PM »

Great win for Andy, just as easy as I expected.  Andy never played that well which is great, means there is plenty more to come this week.

Everything is going for him apart from the weather.  Nadal is ticking over but isn't at the level he was at Wimby or RG IMO.  Andy would have a good chance against him, especially as in the two big matches played in slams on hard Andy has won the last two since he lost that 5 setter in Australia what seems like an eternity ago.  Last time they played in NY Andy took him apart.

And Simon is battling hard to take the fourth set so they are having a marathon which can only help Andy, especially since he would beat either of them no problem.

All looking good, apart from what is going to be a heavy schedule.  The best answer to that problem is to win quickly, which he did today.
The two of them looked knackered actually. Error prone Simon 2-4.
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 08:02 PM »

i just cant see him winning the us open with the forehand that was on display in that match.....weather or not it was a ploy to save energy i dont know but.... needs to raise his level.

This is more of a Masters tournament format for him now with a match every day, which I think it suits him more mentally. Something tells me he can do it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 08:04 PM »

This is more of a Masters tournament format for him now with a match every day, which I think it suits him more mentally. Something tells me he can do it.
Interesting theory Think
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 08:04 PM »

Good posting!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 08:05 PM »

Its Isner! He and Roddick are both through.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 08:05 PM »

Its Isner then!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 08:07 PM »

Its Isner then!

Was just going to say that highfive And they played for 2 hours longer than Andy.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 08:14 PM »

Hope Isner's serve is off and Andy's on.
Quote from: steve bywaters
link=topic=19085.msg661660#msg661660 date=1315508531
Have heard that said b4, think it was Lloyd or Rusedski, but not 100%
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 08:17 PM »

Good report, Sir P. & it's Isner but Andy can do it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »