Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray races through to last eight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray races through to last eight

(Read 3082 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 08:35 PM »

Just noticed that the last few posts look like a broken record.  Anyway .. Well Done, Andy today!!!!!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 08:52 PM »

The two of them looked knackered actually. Error prone Simon 2-4.

Actually agree with this statement. Will Isner be sufficiently recovered enough to play his best tennis? Both he and Simon looked totally spent towards the end of their match.

Like Steve mentioned in an earlier post, the format from here on in to the final is more akin to  a Masters tournament format. Tomorrows match will be tactically very important, neither Andy or John want an all out war as this will leave them spent for the semi final on saturday, it will probably be first out of the block wins? And whoever does win most certainly will have to win in three, or four at a push. In terms of the time, no more than three hours. Anymore than three hours then the winners chances of doing well in the semi - final would almost certainly be reduced! Its going to be tough but i think our Andy can pull it off....... cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 09:21 PM »

Nothing to add to anything already said on here.  Just very chuffed that Andy managed so efficiently, and with the minimum expenditure of energy, to put the nightmare of Indian Wells firmly behind him.

Maybe just as well Isner won.  Andy said that, on balance, he'd prefer Simon, but sometimes people should be careful what they wish for!

Incidentally, the Sky comms seemed convinced that the final would not take place until Monday.  Whilst realising that the weather could be a major deciding factor here, surely it's a little inhumane to expect any player to play 4 GS matches in 4 days, which is what the finalists will have to do if that match isn't put back a day?
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 09:35 PM »

Nothing to add to anything already said on here.  Just very chuffed that Andy managed so efficiently, and with the minimum expenditure of energy, to put the nightmare of Indian Wells firmly behind him.

Maybe just as well Isner won.  Andy said that, on balance, he'd prefer Simon, but sometimes people should be careful what they wish for!

Incidentally, the Sky comms seemed convinced that the final would not take place until Monday.  Whilst realising that the weather could be a major deciding factor here, surely it's a little inhumane to expect any player to play 4 GS matches in 4 days, which is what the finalists will have to do if that match isn't put back a day?

But Aileen, if they play the final on Monday, won't that then give the top half of the draw two days off in five and the bottom half just one day in five, either way, whatever day the final is played one of the finalists will be at a disadvantage!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 09:43 PM »

But Aileen, if they play the final on Monday, won't that then give the top half of the draw two days off in five and the bottom half just one day in five, either way, whatever day the final is played one of the finalists will be at a disadvantage!
I think you just answered your own question - whichever way it works, one of the finalists is going to be disadvantaged.  However, surely it's better that the disadvantaged player has one day off instead of none at all?
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #50 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51 PM »

I think you just answered your own question - whichever way it works, one of the finalists is going to be disadvantaged.  However, surely it's better that the disadvantaged player has one day off instead of none at all?

Yeah i guess i have, but that said, in this instance, i'd rather neither half of the draw gets a rest day prior to the final  if its played on sunday (this is assuming all mens draw semis are played on saturday), while if its played on Monday then at least the bottom half of the draw gets  their one and only day off the day before the final. I know this then means that the top half will by this time be  having their second day off on this day - its a difficult one, not sure which i favour, one day off prior to the final or no days off? confused
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #51 on: September 08, 2011, 10:41 PM »

Final confirmed as being on Monday for the 4th straight year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #52 on: September 08, 2011, 11:00 PM »

Yeah i guess i have, but that said, in this instance, i'd rather neither half of the draw gets a rest day prior to the final  if its played on sunday (this is assuming all mens draw semis are played on saturday), while if its played on Monday then at least the bottom half of the draw gets  their one and only day off the day before the final. I know this then means that the top half will by this time be  having their second day off on this day - its a difficult one, not sure which i favour, one day off prior to the final or no days off? confused
Well that little conundrum has just been resolved. Smile
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #53 on: September 08, 2011, 11:12 PM »

This is more of a Masters tournament format for him now with a match every day, which I think it suits him more mentally. Something tells me he can do it.

Incidentally, you took the thoughts straight out of my brain.

Hey, guys, anyone fancy Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfreid Tsonga final?

Excellent report as ever, Andrew. PS. My lexicon does not accept "rooves"
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #54 on: September 08, 2011, 11:32 PM »

Well now we know that the final is going to be on Monday, if Andy does make it then he will have a day's break - the question then being would a break between the SF and the final be better for him, or for the two to happen on consecutive days, although the scheduling/weather would dictate that?

BUT first he has to get past Isner, so let's not tempt fate by getting ahead of ourselves.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #55 on: September 09, 2011, 12:15 AM »

Ideal scenario for me would be
Friday Isner in 3
Saturday Rain,
Sunday Rafa in 3 (the other semi too)
Monday anyone in 3,4,5.
Preferably not Federer because of the nerves,
But most importantly I want Andy to be brave and real and if he is he should come through with the first of many.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #56 on: September 09, 2011, 12:25 AM »

Ideal scenario for me would be
Friday Isner in 3
Saturday Rain,
Sunday Rafa in 3 (the other semi too)
Monday anyone in 3,4,5.
Preferably not Federer because of the nerves,
But most importantly I want Andy to be brave and real and if he is he should come through with the first of many.

One match at a time, my friend, one match at a time.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #57 on: September 09, 2011, 12:28 AM »

yes
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #58 on: September 09, 2011, 12:33 AM »

The ideal scenario would be a copacetic schedule. This tournament has been far from ideal for us fans. Very Happy
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray races through to last eight « Reply #59 on: September 09, 2011, 12:53 AM »

I am relieved that that Young threat has been put in his place! I loved the fact that Andy brought it to an end with an emphatic ace!  cmon yeah

Let's hope he is quickly on to his game in the next match before Isner's impressive serve does any damage. 

cmonandy   trophy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »