Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin

(Read 1836 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Shame about first set was that he clawed his way back to 5 all and then let it slip from his fingers. Darn serve again!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 04:41 PM »

Shame about first set was that he clawed his way back to 5 all and then let it slip from his fingers. Darn serve again!
Did the serve get any better as the match progressed? It's odd as you'd think the serve is the one thing you can practise without match conditions and would have hoped that the work with Cahill would have strengthened it.  Not read yet anything about how good Lendl was on serving.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Yes, third set fine and end of match serve stats 67% which is good for our Andy. I think it must be a matter of nerves at some level. It's a magnificent serve but it only just clears the net and must be vulnerable. If only they abolished "let" rule his percentage would be up in the nineties!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 04:51 PM »

It looked to me like Andy's 1st serve was better it's just that second serve that is still so poor, hope that will change when Lendl starts working with Andy.
IP Logged
treggers

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 05:08 PM »

I'm very pleased Andy didn't lose the plot or have a long "wobbler" in the 1st set. A good sign for things to come. clap
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 05:43 PM »

I don't know how many people here play tennis but all the practice serving does not prepare you for doing exactly the same in a competitive match - it's 90% mental. Practice sorts out your mechanics and placement but how you deal with your emotions you can only manage during a match.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 06:47 PM »

I don't know how many people here play tennis but all the practice serving does not prepare you for doing exactly the same in a competitive match - it's 90% mental. Practice sorts out your mechanics and placement but how you deal with your emotions you can only manage during a match.
I don't so thanks for that bit of advice syc23.  Of course, should have realised that.  doh And good that it does sound like it was first match of the season nerves and more the 2nd than the 1st serve - always an achilles heel for Andy though it had been getting better I felt.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Yes, but..... if first serve was more reliable we would not be talking about second serve!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Yes, but..... if first serve was more reliable we would not be talking about second serve!
Can't argue with that logic bbh!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 07:51 PM »

Where are people watching it ? Not on tv is it?
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 08:19 PM »

I'm still watching on Bet365, which I have always found reliable when it's indicated to be on. Others are using different streams
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 08:40 PM »

I'm still watching on Bet365, which I have always found reliable when it's indicated to be on. Others are using different streams

Cant watch on computer at work so will have to rely on live scores on my phone like this morning, very frustrating though when you dont know whats going on and why he is 4 love down in the first set.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 09:08 PM »

Tessie.. I watched it on lshunter.com (at 4am!... everyone thinks I'm a nutcase) with no issues.  It was on sportlemon.com too.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 10:18 PM »

I posted the Kukushkin highlights on the video thread Smile
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59 PM »

I posted the Kukushkin highlights on the video thread Smile

Thanks very much just watched it feel better now cant beleive how hard that guy was hitting the ball and Andy kept his cool and came back at him,  the hotdog shot was cool!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »