Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin

(Read 1918 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 11:05 PM »

it was cool Very Happy  Andy is such a great shot maker Smile he put in some clever lobs as well  yahooo  Im hoping for more of the same against Muller tomorrow.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39 AM »

It looked to me like Andy's 1st serve was better it's just that second serve that is still so poor, hope that will change when Lendl starts working with Andy.

Ist serve stats were very good - above 60% I think I posted.  He was poor on his returns at 1st but they improved.

Will hopefully be around for tonights match - need a computer and a room - we have my parents over so we have people sleeping in every possible area!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 03:34 AM »

Thanks, Ally, good read. Just got a chance to come & check how it went!
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 05:55 AM »

The one thing Andy never does is talk about his injuries so we never really know exactly what, or how serious, the problems are.  He can be quite a `drama queen' on court but off-court plays it low-key. Did anyone know he had a knee injury before this season?  Hope he's okay for the next match.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 06:55 AM »

Yeah, I did. I read this a couple of days ago;

"Murray, the world No.4 who is without a major despite three final appearances, was troubled by knee pain yesterday as he practised for the Brisbane International"

Here is the link:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/xyx-tennis/andy-murray-knee-deep-in-pain/story-e6frfgao-1226233557413
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 08:13 AM »

Yeah, I did. I read this a couple of days ago;

"Murray, the world No.4 who is without a major despite three final appearances, was troubled by knee pain yesterday as he practised for the Brisbane International"

Thanks Tomthoms.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 09:12 AM »

Tessie.. I watched it on lshunter.com (at 4am!... everyone thinks I'm a nutcase) with no issues.  It was on sportlemon.com too.
There's commitment scotn - I'm impressed!
Am worried about the knee and other niggles Andy seems to be carrying.  He does make light of them off court but that's exactly what he did prior to 02 and it turned out to be worse than he'd let on.  Didn't realise he was playing at Kooyong.  I think that's just an exhibition match?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Ruthie, although we fret and fret about Andy's injuries, they all have them. It's part and parcel of being a professional sports person.
Rafa's fans are probably the worst fretters of all, though Wink
I think K is an exhibition too. But it's clear from these two matches in Brisbane that Andy is rusty and needs match practise.
Now rather alarmed he's apparently having 3 coaches at AO. 3!! Too many cooks springs to mind Frown
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Ruthie, although we fret and fret about Andy's injuries, they all have them. It's part and parcel of being a professional sports person.
Rafa's fans are probably the worst fretters of all, though Wink
I think K is an exhibition too. But it's clear from these two matches in Brisbane that Andy is rusty and needs match practise.
Now rather alarmed he's apparently having 3 coaches at AO. 3!! Too many cooks springs to mind Frown
I'm always abit of a fretter bbh - can never quite relax until the fat lady has sung etc.
Not too worried re the 3 coaches now.  Dani is very much the support act and given that Andy hasn't worked with Lendl before it makes sense for Cahill to have some input through the transition period and suggests Cahill might be available in future when Lendl doesn't travel.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Ah yes, and I believe Cahill has commentary commitments at slams, so his time is more limited anyway.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray rallies against spirited Kukushkin « Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Not too worried re the 3 coaches now. 

Me either.  I haven't seen Lendl sitting with team Murray yet so I presumed Cahill was having one last week in the position.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »