Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray rallies to book semi-final spot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot

(Read 935 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « on: February 18, 2006, 01:01 AM »

Andy Murray produced another battling display to book his place in the semi-finals of the ATP Sap Open in San Jose.
Yet another match played in true 'Andy Murray' style.  Not an easy win, but a win deserved by the 18 year old.  Despite losing the first set, Murray called on all his talents to see off Robin Soderling.
- ellyb (mw member)

The 18-year-old from Dunblane lost the first set to Robin Soderling and was a break down in the second as he looked to be heading for a quick exit.

However, he broke back and then outbattled the Swede to level at one set apiece.

Murray then broke the Swede's serve early in the decider but Soderling hit back to level at 4-4.

However, the Briton broke again in the next game and then served out for a courageous 4-6 7-5 6-4 victory.

Murray will now face either American top seed Andy Roddick or Bjorn Phau of Germany in the last four.

- Full Story (sportinglife.com)

IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 01:03 AM »

A short article - http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/06/02/18/TENNIS_Murray.html
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 01:22 AM »

Yet another match played in true 'Andy Murray' style.  Not an easy win, but a win deserved by the 18 year old.  Despite losing the fist set, Murray called on all his talents to see off Robin Soderling in 3 sets.... A win that can only boost his confidence going into the semis...    goodjob
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 08:00 AM »

"I started off pretty badly," Murray admitted. "I had a late-night match on Thursday and I didn't get to sleep 'til about 11 o'clock. I returned pretty well in the last two sets."

11 o'clock?!?!  Woah he must go to bed really early, well compared to all us dirty stop outs. lol

Anyway, that was a brilliant victory!  Well done Andy, keep it up  goodjob
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 08:07 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4726466.stm

Murray threw his racket four times in the match and was given a code violation after appearing to swear at chair umpire Norm Chryst after losing the first set.

"I was trying to get myself going because I started the match so sloppy," said Murray.

"It obviously worked. I was a little frustrated at the four or five bad calls on big points."

Soderling approached Chryst to complain about Murray's behaviour, and the Briton added: "You don't want to be unpopular on tour, but when you are on the court you have to do what you have to do to win."

This would have been a brilliant match to watch, so unfair  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 09:54 AM »

well at least some ppl will be able to wath his next match
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 10:30 AM »

That's our Andy! mexicanwave The arrogance wub
I can't believe he won, I had faith in him... Looks like Fuzzy is going to pay off!!!
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 12:02 PM »

don't ever change andy we love u for how u are. and if that means swearing and getting pumped up so be it. I  can't wait to see pictures of this match his facial expressions
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 02:10 PM »

I used to think Andy always started well- especially in Wimbledon but now I am thinking he starts to get better as the match goeso on. Anyone share that view?
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 02:23 PM »

I used to feel like that too, everything in the first part of the match and nothing towards the end. Now, he's the exact opposite, it's weird, but I noticed it too...
IP Logged
h_o_l
Futures Level

I jist push stuff araaaahhhhnnd

Murray rallies to book semi-final spot « Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 02:41 PM »

i remember thats what Tim used to do aswell...
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »