Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray rallies to see off Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray rallies to see off Gasquet

(Read 1408 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 11:55 AM »

cmon yeah What scintillating tennis that was, so enjoyed the match, felt like a final to me. Well done Andy!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Apart from the first set blip,it genuinely was a brilliant match.Hope we have another brilliant one to look forward to on Sunday (with the same winner Very Happy )
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 12:27 PM »

It's currently being shown again on Sky Sports 1
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 01:29 PM »

Well done Andy ..now bring home the trophy.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 01:39 PM »

Great game, the best player won.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 02:21 PM »

:Tut tut Boogers, you went to bed before you wrote your report! :shocking:It had better be worth waiting for Rolling Eyes I thought we saw some wonderful tennis from both players, Andy was the stonger of the two both mentally and physically. cmon yeah

He implied it was Gasquet's movement that brought his level down and Andy was therefore able to put forward a sublime performance in the 2nd and 3rd set. Just as much he implied Cilic imploded mentally against Andy therefore handed away the match to him.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 02:23 PM »

Well done, Andy. Quite satisfied with his performance, although may need to up a little against Ferrer (or Ferret). Reduce ue's and df's, then no problem
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 02:29 PM »

An increasingly tentative Gasquet was camped well behind the baseline and dropped serve at the start of the third set, slamming his racquet on the ground in the frustration after another miss, only for Murray to inexplicably give up his advantage once again with a double-fault.

Murray was understandably angry with himself and took it out on his opponent with a blistering forehand return and a lunging volley to break for 2-1, and he barked encouragement to himself on his way back to the chair.

The above is from the BBC write up of the match. It amused me, and shows great progress I feel in the fact when he got angry with himself, it opted to take it out on his opponent through brutal tennis, rather than himself.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Somtimes the semi final matches are more exciting than the final!  Well done Andy, thoroughly enjoyed the match with, of course, the usual palpitations!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 06:05 PM »

I've just seen in Boogers' report that Gasquet did in fact tweak an ankle but as far as I'm concerned he didn't seem to be showing much sign of it, and I don't recall him mentioning it to the trainer.  In fact he seemed to be more concerned about his blistered toes.   Andy tweaked something in his hip the other day but it didn't stop him winning the match.  Really good players will usually find a way round these sort of niggles.  Andy's level simply went up in the 2nd and 3rd sets whilst Gasquet's didn't, although once again his slowness in closing out the match was a bit worrying.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 30, 2013, 06:22 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 06:28 PM »

I don't think Gasquet tweaked anything. It was a tactic from him to slow things down as Andy was on fire after the 1st set.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 06:45 PM »

I don't think Gasquet tweaked anything. It was a tactic from him to slow things down as Andy was on fire after the 1st set.

Gasquet said in the post match interview that he'd aggrevated an injury suffered in Indian Wells. Murray also mentioned that Gasquet's movement had deteriorated.

I didn't make it up. See http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/199914.html
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Well done Andy after a dodgy start (again) you got the job done and are in the final. That's whats matters.

Thanks for the report Phil  goodjob
[ Last edit by lashurst March 30, 2013, 08:24 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 08:03 AM »

Andy often makes slow starts, but actually thought he played brilliantly. So good to see his transition game in action yay and he has the confidence to be pro-active.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray rallies to see off Gasquet « Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 02:51 PM »

Watched the match last night from the safety of Sky+ .  Some great tennis and particularly enjoyed the exquisite lobs, which Andy hasn't been using so much recently I think.  Also good to see the serve back on form and some wonderful volleying (from both players).
When Gasquet had the trainer on it looked as if he was just tending his blisters; I didn't see any bandaging of an ankle?  But to give Gasquet credit he didn't try to use it as an excuse and acknowledged how good Andy is particularly in defending.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »