Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray recovering after back surgery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray recovering after back surgery

(Read 9477 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #75 on: September 29, 2013, 01:15 PM »

@Caz
TBH think he could lose some of that "bulk" he put on last Christmas.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 01:15 PM »

I expect he will soon be able to do some light non weight bearing exercise like swimming that will help him not lose too much .
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #77 on: September 29, 2013, 01:34 PM »

@Caz
TBH think he could lose some of that "bulk" he put on last Christmas.
Sorry BBH, but I don't agree with the people who've been saying he should 'bulk down' whatever that's supposed to mean! If he feels good with it, then I do too! It's his body after all, so only he knows how he feels when he's on court and he seems to be doing ok! He certainly doesn't look 'musclebound'......I think he looks fantastic!  Whistle
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #78 on: September 29, 2013, 01:43 PM »

Surely all those nice tight toned muscles will aid in his recovery.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 01:53 PM »

Surely all those nice tight toned muscles will aid in his recovery.
Nicely toned muscles are one thing, bulking them up unnecessarily is another.  Look at Djoko - no sign of any extra muscle there, whereas Andy's legs look like tree trunks, and this could actually be putting his back under more stress.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #80 on: September 29, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Andy made this encouraging tweet an hour ago responding to Roger Rasheed's tweet asking how the surgery went -

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
@roger_rasheed @DavidLawTennis @rennaestubbs @SteveTignor all good mate, missing the versa climber..

That was on Friday morning Aileen - it was posted on here!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #81 on: September 29, 2013, 02:09 PM »

He has a good team of professionals around him who surely would not just sit back and watch him do himself harm! They must be in a better position than us to give him the best advice on this kind of thing! I'm not sure Djoko would be able to build so much muscle on his diet anyway! He looks too skinny to me!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #82 on: September 29, 2013, 03:31 PM »

I really don't think we should compare body shape, some people are naturally thin and wiry, other's appear more muscular. We only need to look at the body shape of the different sprinters. Andy certainly has slimmed down in his body and his legs seem to be giving him plenty of speed. He has a great team around him and they have kept him going despite a bad back.
I'm sure Andy is doing light exercise, as post spinal op patients have to move about and are encouraged to walk and then rest, and each day the walks getting longer as well as the physio exercises. I'm sure Andy is doing everything right as he wants the op to be a success and he can get back to Tennis.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #83 on: September 29, 2013, 03:32 PM »

I think Andy looks all right. Compared to some he doesn't look too bulky to me. Look at Berdych for example. Now he really has tree trunk legs.

When Andy gained that bit of muscle at the end of last year, his team said they worked it all out carefully, because they didn't want to impair his movement. Makes sense to me.

I just think the muscular thing shows with Andy because he has a stockier build than Djokovic.

It's interesting that Caz thinks Djokovic looks too skinny. I'm inclined to agree. It's not so much his body, but look at his face. He's starting to look haggard. I've thought for a while he was losing weight and it doesn't look good on him.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #84 on: September 29, 2013, 03:47 PM »

I think Andy looks all right. Compared to some he doesn't look too bulky to me. Look at Berdych for example. Now he really has tree trunk legs.

When Andy gained that bit of muscle at the end of last year, his team said they worked it all out carefully, because they didn't want to impair his movement. Makes sense to me.

I just think the muscular thing shows with Andy because he has a stockier build than Djokovic.

It's interesting that Caz thinks Djokovic looks too skinny. I'm inclined to agree. It's not so much his body, but look at his face. He's starting to look haggard. I've thought for a while he was losing weight and it doesn't look good on him.
His face and neck are what I notice most too! Sometimes he looks wan and washed out, like someone who's been ill!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #85 on: September 29, 2013, 04:21 PM »

His face and neck are what I notice most too! Sometimes he looks wan and washed out, like someone who's been ill!
I agree Caz, Djoko always looks totally stressed out to me when he's playing, and his intensity shows in his eyes, which I actually find quite scary.  Fortunately he doesn't look nearly so bad off-court.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #86 on: September 29, 2013, 04:51 PM »

Berdych bulky?

lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #87 on: September 29, 2013, 05:08 PM »

That was on Friday morning Aileen - it was posted on here!
Sorry - I just didn't see it.  blush  Maybe I need to go to Specsavers!

I'm sure Andy is doing light exercise, as post spinal op patients have to move about and are encouraged to walk and then rest, and each day the walks getting longer as well as the physio exercises. I'm sure Andy is doing everything right as he wants the op to be a success and he can get back to Tennis.
Well you seem know what you're talking about, although I was under the impression from Judy that he wasn't to do anything at all for two weeks, but then I know very little about back problems apart from the fact that a friend had to lie flat on her back for several weeks after damaging a couple of discs in a very nasty fall while playing tennis.  I don't have any doubt though that Andy will obey his surgeon's and the physio's instructions to the letter, even if feels tempted to rush things at times.
[ Last edit by Aileen September 29, 2013, 05:38 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #88 on: September 29, 2013, 05:56 PM »

Well Aileen....At least Andy's fingers are getting plenty of exercise!  Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #89 on: September 29, 2013, 06:30 PM »

Well Aileen....At least Andy's fingers are getting plenty of exercise!  Whistle
That's my worry - he might wear them down with all his tweeting. lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »