Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray recovering after back surgery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray recovering after back surgery

(Read 9894 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #165 on: October 02, 2013, 09:03 AM »

But Murray fan tears are special :p.

Gotta admit, I didn't cry when he won Wimbledon, I just flipped out and had a massive grin on my face Smile.

I cried when he won the USO though, that was the first one and will always have a special place in my heart.

On another note, my WTF Final Ticket got emailed to me today, how I wish Andy would be there. But even if he does play the WTF, I'm not sure he will make the Final.
I'm glad you got your ticket, because whether Andy is there or not, you're sure to see some spectacular tennis! Enjoy!  Very Happy
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #166 on: October 02, 2013, 11:09 AM »

That's great!  He seems to be doing so well that now I'm starting to be concerned in case he tries to get himself fit for Paris, or more likely the WTF. Rolling Eyes  The only comfort I have is that I'm very sure he will adhere strictly to medical advice, because he knows he would be a fool not too given what's at stake, and he did say recently, before the op was announced, that he would pay more attention to rehab in the future.     

I think if Andy was fit to play at the end of the month I don't think he would play Paris then the WTF the week after, if I remember rightly all the seeds went out early in Paris except Ferrer to prepare for the WTF.
I am glad Andy is able to enjoy doing "normal" things I really hope he is able to enjoy is enforced rest.
My tickets E Tickets came today we are going to both semi finals, a little bit sad if we don't see Andy but would rather him be fit and well for 2014,
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #167 on: October 02, 2013, 07:18 PM »

My e tickets came too - for some weird reason my Friday ones are e tickets but my Saturday ones are being mailed - still have that excitement to look forward  to.  yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #168 on: October 02, 2013, 07:22 PM »

I'm sure you're right Masaka and we'll all benefit in the long run, so I hope he'll make the most of this enforced break to relax and have some fun! He may not get another chance until he retires! Every cloud eh?  Very Happy
Well said Caz! Smile

Feel like  Kremling watcher again. W still don't know what kind of surgery it is...
From minor surgery (official message...)  we all thought this was an understatement and were very concerned after messages about a 3 hours surgery....and no one thought about Andy be back on court before 2014. Now it seems really a minor surgery, one week after the surgery he is able to visit a match...sounds good to me! Question is when he start playing matches...we'll see!
I can understand your confusion, flowerpower.  We still believe that the op was 'minor' as far as operations go, especially as the length of the op is in doubt because Judy could perhaps have been referring to the fact that the three hour period started when he was taken to be anaesthetised right through to the time he came out of the recovery room and taken back to his own room, so in effect the actual procedure itself might only have taken an hour, or maybe a little longer - but he's still going to have to undertake a fairly lengthy rehab programme, and if it was what we were led to believe it was, i.e. a microdiscectomy in order to free a nerve in his back which was trapped by a slightly ruptured disc, then not only might the nerve itself be damaged and so will need time to heal, but the disc involved, which will have been repaired by the surgeon, will need time to do the same.

Back surgery is a delicate procedure at the best of times, and rehab can't be rushed, particularly in Andy's case where so much is at stake, because if he tries to return to competition too soon he could end up doing himself more harm than good.  He may well have a slight setback or two along the way, so won't be looking to risk having any unnecessary ones, and I'm absolutely sure he'll adhere to strict medical advice, even although he probably will get frustrated at times.

The fact that he was able to attend a football match really doesn't mean much, because patients recovering from back surgery need to keep moving about in between periods of rest, otherwise their back will stiffen up completely.  He was no doubt driven there and back by car, and would have been able to sit during the match.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 02, 2013, 07:36 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #169 on: October 02, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Just received my tickets too but have no expectation at all that Andy will be there given how soon it is.  Am just about resigned to that but would feel better if JWT qualified so I could support him instead.  But I see he's just lost in Japan so not looking likely. I guess he's working his way back after his injury.
Like Masaka I'm trying to look on bright side i.e. given that many of us continued to be worried about ANdy's back -despite being ridiculed by some on MW  Whistle - if this op really does sort it out, it could mean once he's got used to playing without a bad back the sky could be the limit. As others have commented, how amazing to have won 2 slams while he was suffering from it.  And it should increase the chances that Andy will carry on playing for another 5-6 years as he has said he hopes to. 
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #170 on: October 02, 2013, 11:23 PM »

Andy looking and sounding bang on track with his recovery. Great to see the pic.

He's walking (no surprise to me, that's exactly what he should be doing, and lots of it) and attended his beloved Arsenal game, then all is good.

goodjob

Thanks for the lovely post.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #171 on: October 04, 2013, 02:18 PM »

Oooohhh...  cmon yeah yay

Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes  5h 
Barbados could be setting for Andy Murray's next event. Headlined in Dream Cup tournament at end of Nov with Delpo, Gasquet and Almagro

Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM  5h 
Andy Murray announced to play in 'Dream Cup' exhibition event in Barbados at end of November, clearly expects to be fit by then

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #172 on: October 04, 2013, 02:26 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2443639/Andy-Murray-play-Dream-Cup-Brit-recovers-surgery.html

Murray on the mend as Wimbledon champ confirms 'Dream Cup' date in Caribbean

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #173 on: October 04, 2013, 03:03 PM »

chris jones ‏@chrisjones51
Andy Murray will meet with medical experts next week to asses his recovery from the back operation and to decide on O2 participation #tennis
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #174 on: October 04, 2013, 05:01 PM »

thumb up
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #175 on: October 04, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Great news re Andy planning his return to tennis
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #176 on: October 04, 2013, 06:20 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2443639/Andy-Murray-play-Dream-Cup-Brit-recovers-surgery.html

Murray on the mend as Wimbledon champ confirms 'Dream Cup' date in Caribbean

chris jones ‏@chrisjones51
Andy Murray will meet with medical experts next week to asses his recovery from the back operation and to decide on O2 participation #tennis
Well that's good news. Smile  But although I feel very happy about the exhibition match in the Barbados at the very end of the month, I'm not so happy about him playing in the WTF which begins on the 4th, much as I would really like to see him play again before he disappears for the rest of the year, unless by some very remote chance the exho will be televised somewhere and we can get a livestream.

There's a big difference between playing best of five matches against your fellow top eight players and participating in a much more genteel exho.  Also he hasn't played competitively since the Davis Cup, so he's going to be very match rusty - although on a brighter note Andy's going to be daisy fresh while the rest of them will be on their last legs by that time!

I guess though it could be a case of what's going to cause him the least frustration - missing the WTF altogether, or playing in it and possibly going out early -
although I'm sure that if there's any doubt whatsoever about the WTF then he won't play no matter how desperately he wants too.

IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #177 on: October 04, 2013, 06:38 PM »

Well that's good news. Smile  But although I feel very happy about the exhibition match in the Barbados at the very end of the month, I'm not so happy about him playing in the WTF which begins on the 4th, much as I would really like to see him play again before he disappears for the rest of the year, unless by some very remote chance the exho will be televised somewhere and we can get a livestream.

There's a big difference between playing best of five matches against your fellow top eight players and participating in a much more genteel exho.  Also he hasn't played competitively since the Davis Cup, so he's going to be very match rusty - although on a brighter note Andy's going to be daisy fresh while the rest of them will be on their last legs by that time!

I guess though it could be a case of what's going to cause him the least frustration - missing the WTF altogether, or playing in it and possibly going out early -
although I'm sure that if there's any doubt whatsoever about the WTF then he won't play no matter how desperately he wants too.

Correction they are best of three matches for WTF and all other tour events only Slams and Davis cup are best of five.  hug
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #178 on: October 04, 2013, 07:12 PM »

Absolutely delighted to hear andy, s news, he certaintly would not have decided to play if all wasnot well. If he plays at the o2 great but as you say he will be refreshed and ready . It all sounds super news. Good luck Andy take care and do what your body says.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray recovering after back surgery « Reply #179 on: October 04, 2013, 08:40 PM »

Correction they are best of three matches for WTF and all other tour events only Slams and Davis cup are best of five.  hug
Thanks for pointing that out. Smile  I don't know where I got that idea from, given that I always watch the WTF! Rolling Eyes

I truly don't mind what happens so long as Andy gets a good report from the medics as to how his back is recovering and that all is progressing as it should be.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »