Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray: Scotland will host Davis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray: Scotland will host Davis Cup

(Read 490 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray: Scotland will host Davis Cup « on: November 20, 2005, 02:01 AM »

Source: Times Online
Murray is convinced that Scotland will host Britain’s next fixture in the team competition and there is growing support for such a move from within the sport.

Next April, Britain will begin yet another campaign designed to reclaim a place in the Davis Cup’s elite world group by hosting either Israel or Serbia and Montenegro in the competition’s second division that goes by the name of Euro/African Zone group one. Barring mishaps, Murray will play a crucial role and, according to the player himself, he will do so in front of a home crowd.

Gavin Fletcher, the LTA’s events and tournaments director, said:
We see staging a Davis Cup tie in Scotland as an exciting and realistic possibility. We are considering all options and whilst our number one priority is to choose a venue that will give us the very best opportunity of winning the tie, it will also need to be able to stage a professionally run event and we hope be supported by an enthusiastic home crowd.

- Full Story (timesonline.co.uk)

Today's Other News:
Andy Murray is featured on December's issue of ACE magazine in the article 'Murray Takes the High Road'. It talks about the battle for the british no1 spot, the Aberdeen Cup and more on Murray's fantastic year.  

Discuss about Andy in ACE magazine here.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray: Scotland will host Davis Cup « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 11:31 AM »

bigbounce  mexicanwave This is fantastic news!  How I love living in Scotland right now!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Murray: Scotland will host Davis Cup « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 01:04 PM »

That's a shame.  I won't be able to see it but good for all the people who live in Scotland and for the one who it matters most to, Murray himself.  If the Aberdeen tournament is successful and it is well supported then I can only see the Davis Cup being a succses as well. hug
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray: Scotland will host Davis Cup « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 03:14 PM »

hmm....if it goes to Glasgow, maybe its time i paid a visit to my great uncle up there  yahooo
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »