Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray scrapes past Millman 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray scrapes past Millman

(Read 1658 times)
George183
Challenger Level

"ELIZABETH GWEN 27.4.70" in Chit-Chat.

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 02:22 PM »

Yes I watched it. Boogers  how many matches had John M played? Four to my knowledge. This was Andy's first match....also John had nothing to defend could hit out at everything. There is always pressure on the seeded player especially at the start of the Tournament,so we can expect better tomorrow from Andy tomorrow.   cmon yeah

Where???
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 02:24 PM »

Against someone ranked nearly 200 places below him? Against an opponent, who, until this week, had never won a match on the ATP circuit? Yeah. That's a scrape.

It wasn't as if Millman was overpowering Murray either. It was almost entirely unforced errors from Murray's racquet.

What's new?? How long have you been watching him???
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 02:34 PM »

Boogers, Millman played out of his skin in all but the last set. To win the fist set to 1 was miraculous given how well his opponent was playing. Id say Murray had about 2 bad games in the second set and the third was fairly routine.

Istomen up next. I really rate this guy on grass but he should prove no probs on the hard stuff. Interestingly Dimitrov has taken out Raonic in the battle of the young upstarts. Wonder if he is going to finally come good this year?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 02:40 PM »

Where???
 Brisbane. He was a qualifier usually three matches, then the 1st Round. 3+1= 4.Watched it online Sportlemon.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 02:44 PM »

I am in the same boat. I agree with the majority of this article that Booger has produced. The reason why Andy lost the second set was a huge dip in concentration and way too many errors, but none the less I think he will pick his game up against Istomin.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45 PM »

To be fair to Phil, at least he's not bias in his reports.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 02:59 PM »

Against someone ranked nearly 200 places below him? Against an opponent, who, until this week, had never won a match on the ATP circuit? Yeah. That's a scrape.

It wasn't as if Millman was overpowering Murray either. It was almost entirely unforced errors from Murray's racquet.

And Andy still won, so that should tell you something.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 03:11 PM »

Didn't watch the match but happy to read that Andy got it done.

It wasn't that long ago when a young upstart named Andrew Murray took David Nalbandian 5 sets to beat at Wimbledon.

Lower ranked players do raise their games when faced with a better opponent. It happens, just like Mahut and Chardy in 2012. Andy much like Novak and Roger will bring their A game come Aussie Open.
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 03:16 PM »

Brisbane. He was a qualifier usually three matches, then the 1st Round. 3+1= 4.Watched it online Sportlemon.

Have you got a website address for live video streaming?

The Quarters onwards will be shown on ESPN.

BUT NOT ANDY'S MATCH !!!!!
[ Last edit by George183 January 03, 2013, 03:28 PM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 03:16 PM »

Did everyone watch the match?

I watched on bet365, 2nd set was a bit tense, but 3rd was like the Andy we know.
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 03:29 PM »

I watched on bet365, 2nd set was a bit tense, but 3rd was like the Andy we know.

You'll need to be up at 6am to watch it tomorrow !!

But BOTH Semi's are on ESPN.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14 PM »

Post match press
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2013/1/3/Brisbane-2013-Thursday-Interview-Murray.aspx
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 04:18 PM »

To be fair to Phil, at least he's not bias in his reports.
So refreshing.  I can't abide all the claptrap.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Did everyone watch the match?

I watched on Stopstream.    Didn't think Andy moved too well in the 2nd set.    Millman was hitting the lines especially with his forehand and Andy seemed a step slower than usual.   Whatever the gel was it worked and he upped his game in the 3rd and that was when the gulf showed.
What  Andy doesn't seem to realise is that I had only allocated 1 hour or thereabouts for this match and have been 1 hour behind all day because he took so long to win.   But he's worth all the bother he causes me and I love him to bits.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray scrapes past Millman « Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Even when reading the match thread I felt like being on the all too well-known rollercoaster. We are used to it and do we want it any different (as long as he wins his match)? From  what I saw in the first set, Millman has a solid game, esp. his groundstrokes. And when lower-ranked players face a champion, their ambitions will rise, as Andy knows from the times when he entered the senior stage. Often they cannot maintain such a high level over three or five sets. But as one of you remarked,  the other top players rarely seem to have such first-round struggles.
I couldnt watch the match but tried to follow on the thread.
In bold begs "The $ 64,000 Question". It is only Andy that seems to have the ups and downs and early exits of the top players. Not everytime of course, but on a reasonably frequent basis, and which we doesnt see the likes of with the other top 3-4 players.

WHY?
As Elly said the other day, Murray is an erratic player and always has been.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »