Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray shot down by The Missile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray shot down by The Missile

(Read 4636 times)
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #105 on: October 08, 2012, 03:17 AM »

Aww, so what if he smashes a racquet or swears once in a while. Andy is a CLASS act and sweet guy.  tender At least he shows emotions occasionally; I prefer that to the stone-face of his coach.  shocking His draw isn't easy-peasy in Shanghai but sometimes that can help a player stay focused.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #106 on: October 08, 2012, 09:00 AM »

Aww, so what if he smashes a racquet or swears once in a while. Andy is a CLASS act and sweet guy.  tender At least he shows emotions occasionally; I prefer that to the stone-face of his coach.  shocking His draw isn't easy-peasy in Shanghai but sometimes that can help a player stay focused.

I agree about Andy, but not about Lendl. Lendl's approach comes from watching his daughters play golf. He realised that they played better when he stayed calm. I also think he would find it hard to stay objective, watch Andy and find out where he needs to improve, if he got too emotionally involved.

Andy's draw not easy, but I think we've seen worse. At this point anything that doesn't put him with Raonic or Berdych makes me happy.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #107 on: October 08, 2012, 09:05 PM »

doh
I just turned on BBC world news in time to see the report of the match and what did they show? Not the brilliant tennis Andy played but him smashing his raquet. Great for the Murray haters....
Which is another reason why he shouldn't do it. Nobody should do it - its just stupid and childish and a waste of a good racket. These are grown men not toddlers FFS.  doh
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #108 on: October 08, 2012, 10:05 PM »

I predicted the SF in 3 sets, I predicted the final to Kei, I predicted Andy to come back in that set to win against Cilic when he was 5-1 down. I've only made two other predictions on here which I got wrong; One was Laura to beat Hsieh when it was in the 2nd set and Hsieh was serving for the match - Laura did actually manage to come back in that 2nd set to win then get up in the 3rd but she eventually lost so I got that wrong; the other one was for Djokovic to beat Murray in 5 in the final - note I made this prediction before the tournament started and announced it on here during the Cilic match (which was long before either got to the final) so all things considering I wasn't exactly far out with that prediction either.

All in all I've been doing extremely well with my predictions since I've joined here :P
Have you considered a career with William Hills bookmakers by any chance?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #109 on: October 09, 2012, 12:26 AM »

:doh:Which is another reason why he shouldn't do it. Nobody should do it - its just stupid and childish and a waste of a good racket. These are grown men not toddlers FFS.  doh
Until you're in that situation you're in no position to comment whatsoever.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #110 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48 AM »

Until you're in that situation you're in no position to comment whatsoever.

Absolutely right. If Andy had smashed the racquet over Raonic's head we might have reason to judge, but he didn't. I don't suppose Andy was that bothered about the value of the racquet he smashed. He was a bit busy trying to win a tennis match against a cocky upstart.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #111 on: October 09, 2012, 09:17 AM »

Baggy smashed four racquets in his match.
Andy is such an amateur...
 Whistle
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #112 on: October 09, 2012, 10:19 AM »

lmao Nice one bbh!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #113 on: October 09, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Suberb BBH
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #114 on: October 09, 2012, 11:55 AM »

Baggy smashed four racquets in his match.
Andy is such an amateur...
 Whistle

That's right lol. Honestly, these people who don't even try.......lol.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #115 on: October 09, 2012, 12:40 PM »

Ah well.. just caught up. My PVR only recorded the end of the final set. Probably just as well.

Moving on..
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #116 on: October 09, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Have you considered a career with William Hills bookmakers by any chance?

Someone's jealous. :p
IP Logged
Attitsrirm
Hello! I'm new here, so just saying hi :) « Reply #117 on: November 02, 2012, 10:18 PM »

I really like your forum here. So I decided to be a part of it Smile

And here I am saying HELLO EVERYBODY!! Very Happy
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #118 on: November 02, 2012, 10:24 PM »

Hi Attitsrirm glad you could join us. welcome
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #119 on: November 03, 2012, 05:24 AM »

Welcome Attitsrirm!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »