Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray shot down by The Missile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray shot down by The Missile

(Read 4024 times)
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 03:09 PM »

Yes I'm disappointed at the result but more so at his behavior. I think we all have hoped that the tantrums were a thing of the past but I was really dismayed to watch the return of the screaming & swearing etc.
How this must have helped Milos keep his composure after Andy was 4-1 up in the final set.
Does he need Lendl at every match now to keep him in check?

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 03:14 PM »

^No.  Stop going on about it.  It's who Andy is - he won't change who he is.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 03:29 PM »

Yes I'm disappointed at the result but more so at his behavior. I think we all have hoped that the tantrums were a thing of the past but I was really dismayed to watch the return of the screaming & swearing etc.
How this must have helped Milos keep his composure after Andy was 4-1 up in the final set.
Does he need Lendl at every match now to keep him in check?

I tell you what, next time you have match points against a big server like Raonic and you lose them, you tell us how you feel. Andy is human, he is not a machine.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 03:37 PM »

Would people really have been happier had Andy lost in straight sets?  You can imagine some of the comments here if he had.  Yes it's frustrating to let 2 MPs come and go (especially the one on a 2nd serve) but it happens and better to go down fighting than give up in straight sets  - even if it might have been in his shorter term interests to have done so given all the tournaments over the next month and leading up to 02, which is his priority - rightly so.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 03:39 PM »

I agree with you TJ but I think he shouldn't show his emotions so much. He is not the only one who has faced such a situation. Imagine how Roger would have felt when Nole saved 2 match points in the US open semis and eventually won the match?? That was a grandslam too. I don't remember Roger even emoting a bit, sure it would have hurt but he didn't show it. Yeah, everyone have their own style but I would love it if Andy would stop the swearing part. But if it helps him to cope up with the situation, then I have no problem at all...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 03:42 PM »

I agree with you TJ but I think he shouldn't show his emotions so much. He is not the only one who has faced such a situation. Imagine how Roger would have felt when Nole saved 2 match points in the US open semis and eventually won the match?? That was a grandslam too. I don't remember Roger even emoting a bit, sure it would have hurt but he didn't show it. Yeah, everyone have their own style but I would love it if Andy would stop the swearing part. But if it helps him to cope up with the situation, then I have no problem at all...

To be perfectly honest I don't really care about how Federer would have felt or how he would have reacted. Andy isn't Federer, thank God.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 03:42 PM »

I wish folk would stop going on about the swearing and berating -  it happens.   All  tennis players do it.   People are taken it WAY TOO FAR.  Andy is only human.  
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 03:45 PM »

To be perfectly honest I don't really care about how Federer would have felt or how he would have reacted. Andy isn't Federer, thank God.

Hey, there can be no bigger hater than Fed compared to me but that doesn't mean I dont appreciate when something he does impresses me..
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 03:50 PM »

Would people really have been happier had Andy lost in straight sets?  You can imagine some of the comments here if he had.  Yes it's frustrating to let 2 MPs come and go (especially the one on a 2nd serve) but it happens and better to go down fighting than give up in straight sets  - even if it might have been in his shorter term interests to have done so given all the tournaments over the next month and leading up to 02, which is his priority - rightly so.
I wouldn't have preferred it, it's just more frustrating the way it panned out, how he really should have won.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 03:55 PM »

Yes I get sick of hearing about Andy if he swears so what. Other players do it and no comment is made about them the Spanish player are guilty of that but no one speaks about them. Lets just support him weather he is good or bad and take him at face value. I thought he played well today but was unlucky he cannot win them all. If he is having problems with his back he should be having a rest and seeing to it. He has little down time and it is important that he stays well.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 03:56 PM »

quote author=teejay1 link=topic=23331.msg790880#msg790880 date=1349533792]
I tell you what, next time you have match points against a big server like Raonic and you lose them, you tell us how you feel. Andy is human, he is not a machine.
[/quote]Well said TJ,it was obvious that Milos was not going to get caught napping like he was last time they met.I think Andy was so frustarated because he could not figure out a way to get through the huge serve and the placement of the ball in the corners of the court.I would have had a few chioce words to say as well.Lets remember he is a man not a machine.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 03:58 PM »

How was Raonic "caught napping" in their last match? As he said afterwards he "tried everything". He played well, Andy was simply sublime.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Andy was on fire at the USO  , he played unbelievable, one of the best matches I have ever seen him play  and to do that against a unbelievable server like Raonic proves how great a player Andy is
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 04:08 PM »

I wish folk would stop going on about the swearing and berating -  it happens.   All  tennis players do it.   People are taken it WAY TOO FAR.  Andy is only human.   

No John, didn't you realise, he's supposed to be a good little boy, keep his mouth zipped and thank Raonic for beating him, whilst shaking him warmly by the hand. I'd be inclined to shake him warmly by the throat, but there we are.

I get the argument about the effect on an opponent, but I think some understanding should come in to it as well, and frankly I couldn't care less about people watching with their kids, all that. Andy isn't there to parent other people's kids. Andy lost the first set. He worked to get back in to it, taking the second on a tie-break. He then had match points and lost them. Add in him being tired, and clearly expecting better of himself, he got frustrated. He smashed a racquet. It happens. He swore a bit. Big deal. If he'd smashed the racquet over Raonic's head, or sworn at him or an official, people might have cause to be annoyed, but he didn't.

For the record, I don't think Lendl being there would have made any difference today. It might have made Andy feel worse to be honest. As for it being better if he'd lost in straight sets, sure, a drubbing by an upstart would have made him feel great about himself going in to Shanghai. As it is, there is no shame. He fought. He lost. Now he moves on.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 04:13 PM »

How was Raonic "caught napping" in their last match? As he said afterwards he "tried everything". He played well, Andy was simply sublime.

Andy was sublime that day, I agree. I watched the match again last night and loved it. Brilliant stuff.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »