Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray shot down by The Missile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray shot down by The Missile

(Read 5346 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 04:17 PM »

Too much analysis. Here's my take.

He's a tennis player. Sometimes, he'll lose a match.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Have just watched the match and did feel Andy was tired, which could explain his lack of accuracy.  After all he has played 19 set since he played Raonic at USO and Milos has only played 9.  So he cannot have been tired.  Andy needs a rest and it is nice to see him so upbeat in an interview I just read where he says he is happy with they way he has played at Tokyo and is hoping to be fit for WTF.  He says that Milos played extremely well and that he did not play that badly himself.  I do not remember all this amount of talk about McEnroe and Natase.  Spectators expected it.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 04:25 PM »

in a nutshell    clap  clap
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 04:28 PM »

I agree you win some you lose some.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 05:02 PM »

Agreed! I'm actually glad he hasn't gone on a Djokovic-like winning streak of 65 matches or whatever it was. So much pressure to keep it going, and then so tough to defend (and keep the motivation) the next year.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Didnt think much to Roanic the first time i sat down and watched him properly..now i reckon hel win slams. Murray played about as well as he could in that one.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Yes indeed Teejay, next time I'm at the net with Milos i will remember your wise words....
I'm aware Andy is human and not a machine but the tantrums didn't help him did they? I'm not against swearing, I do it all the time but think it's a tad disrespectful of the reigning champion to do it in front of his extremely polite hosts.
This doesn't mean I don't love and support Andy any less-just wish he'd mutter to himself instead  as he did during the US open.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 05:26 PM »

I just turned on BBC world news in time to see the report of the match and what did they show? Not the brilliant tennis Andy played but him smashing his raquet. Great for the Murray haters....
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Didnt think much to Roanic the first time i sat down and watched him properly..now i reckon hel win slams. Murray played about as well as he could in that one.

Doubtful but we'll have to wait and see. When Isner beaten Federer in DC and enjoyed a purple patch earlier this year, people expected Isner to be a threat in the slams - the big servers always seem to play a lot of 5 setters in slams and get tired as the tournament goes on so their always fatigued at the business end.

Let's remember Andy has schooled Isner, Karlovic and Raonic in slams when it matters. This is why the top 4 tend to dominate in GS. Milos would struggle to beat the Delpo's, Tsonga, Berdych and Ferrer so let's not get carried away just because Andy lost in an ATP500.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #54 on: October 06, 2012, 05:48 PM »

Doubtful but we'll have to wait and see. When Isner beaten Federer in DC and enjoyed a purple patch earlier this year, people expected Isner to be a threat in the slams - the big servers always seem to play a lot of 5 setters in slams and get tired as the tournament goes on so their always fatigued at the business end.

Let's remember Andy has schooled Isner, Karlovic and Raonic in slams when it matters. This is why the top 4 tend to dominate in GS. Milos would struggle to beat the Delpo's, Tsonga, Berdych and Ferrer so let's not get carried away just because Andy lost in an ATP500.

Not getting carried away..hes just impressed me alot..i thought murray played a good match, watched roanic against hewitt at the start of the year in aus..hes come on leaps and bounds since then..hes got far more game than isner and karlovic, i could definitely see him challenging. I agree if that was a slam theres no way Murray would have let that 4-1 lead slip in the decider.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 06:08 PM »

The big difference vs the USO this year is that at the USO Andy had at least 1 day to rest & to practice/prepare for the opponent's style before the match and no Doubles.  Tennis is a physical game so even a 5 to 10% difference in energy level can swing a match around.

I am not bothered about this for GSs.  It is clear Andy is not at 100% level whereas Raonic is motivated and prepared to avenge the humiliation he faced a few weeks ago.

Also, over 5 sets, it is much more difficult to maintain the high level of powerful 1st serve speed. Even a small drop of 10 mph will get it into Andy return range and Raonic will find balls coming back to his feet lol

However in best of 3 sets MS matches Raonic will pose a strong threat and make it difficult to overcome him unless Andy is returning well so let's hope Andy doesn't draw Raonic too often in MS tournaments where Andy needs ranking points for the #1 ranking.
[ Last edit by Philip October 06, 2012, 06:27 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 06:17 PM »

I just turned on BBC world news in time to see the report of the match and what did they show? Not the brilliant tennis Andy played but him smashing his raquet. Great for the Murray haters....

Well yes, but that's the BBC for you. They've always been snooty towards Andy. They were right from the start, with their constant comparisons with Tim Henman, and their habit of waiting for Andy to slip up just so they could report it with glee.

The haters will hate no matter what. I read a comment today, dated today by the way, from an article about the Tokyo semi in the Daily Mail. Yes, I know, the Mail. The person remarked that Andy is a loser and will never win a major. It made me think that perhaps Andy has been having one of his dreams again, or maybe the entire crowd on Ashe that night, not to mention the millions of people around the world watching TV, made his US Open triumph up. Either that or the haters are just a little bit thick.
[ Last edit by teejay1 October 06, 2012, 06:21 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29 PM »

There will always be haters they just love to dig the knife in. To be honest we should'nt give a **** who cares what they think. No matter what the tennis establishment is not going to change it is the fans who care about Andy. I do not mean the snobs who go to Wimbeldon. It was the ordinary public who cheered Andy on at the Olympics for that matter as at the US Open they are the ones who care about Andy. It is always going to be the same in UK. I think Andy knows that and has learned to ignore them why should he bother they are just not worth it.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #58 on: October 06, 2012, 06:45 PM »

One thing I would like Andy to consider after today's defeat, he should reconsider not playing doubles as it clearly impacts his singles performance. It's difficult as he wanted to defend the title with Jamie but going forward, singles should be the priority not only slams but 500s & MS1000s.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Not getting carried away..hes just impressed me alot..i thought murray played a good match, watched roanic against hewitt at the start of the year in aus..hes come on leaps and bounds since then..hes got far more game than isner and karlovic, i could definitely see him challenging. I agree if that was a slam theres no way Murray would have let that 4-1 lead slip in the decider.

So why did he today ? 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »