Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray shot down by The Missile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray shot down by The Missile

(Read 4310 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012, 08:11 PM »

500 event..Grand Slam.....  Think..... dunno.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 08:18 PM »

]
Also, over 5 sets, it is much more difficult to maintain the high level of powerful 1st serve speed. Even a small drop of 10 mph will get it into Andy return range and Raonic will find balls coming back to his feet lol

However in best of 3 sets MS matches Raonic will pose a strong threat and make it difficult to overcome him unless Andy is returning well so let's hope Andy doesn't draw Raonic too often in MS tournaments where Andy needs ranking points for the #1 ranking.

Didn't andy beat him in 3 at USO. ?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23 PM »

500 event..Grand Slam.....  Think..... dunno.

I get your point but andy has said himself if he wants to be no 1 he needs to start being more consistent in the 500 and masters events. 

I do think fatigue played a part in today's loss but to some degree I still think it doesn't matter as much or maybe miles was right, who knows, only andy. Onwards and upwards.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 08:38 PM »

He was 4-1 up in the final set and lost it - can't believe it. I hope it doesn't knock his emerging self belief. I saw him break the racket - these tennis players have got to stop doing that. These rackets cost hundreds of pounds and it shows real contempt for their suppliers and a shocking arrogance ie I'm so rich I can destroy a tennis racket worth hundreds of pounds in a temper tantrum. Very disappointing. Canadian did play well though.  

This was more out of frustration than ^^ that. In a high tense situation, especially having a good lead and than losing can make you do all sorts of things especially when Andy is always easily frustrated. There were times this year alone when we saw Andy completely calm even under much crucial situations than this one. Several USO encounters come to mind. I don't think Andy likes to lose to Raonic so that probably added more frustration on his part.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean October 06, 2012, 08:48 PM ] IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #64 on: October 06, 2012, 08:49 PM »

It's always disappointing when Andy loses but I don't think there's any point in worrying about this defeat too much. Its just annoying that it was to Raonic, but Andy won the meeting that mattered the most.

He's just been through the biggest few months of his career. It'll probably take awhile for him to come to terms with it all.
As a fan I still can't get my head round him being a slam winner now after all this time and the chances he's had before, so I can't imagine how Andy himself feels!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #65 on: October 06, 2012, 09:52 PM »

I get your point but andy has said himself if he wants to be no 1 he needs to start being more consistent in the 500 and masters events. 

I do think fatigue played a part in today's loss but to some degree I still think it doesn't matter as much or maybe miles was right, who knows, only andy. Onwards and upwards.
It's all mental though. As much as he tells himself he wants to win every event, he's obviously going to have a lot more focus and determination in the Slams, or did until the USO anyway as that's been his primary goal. For whatever reason today his concentration wavered at times, he didn't seem as focused and got quite frustrated.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #66 on: October 06, 2012, 10:11 PM »

^^ It didn't help that he was immediately on the back foot. Would have liked to have seen him come out fully focused from the very first point.
I really felt like he could have won this - he was reading Raonic's serve better as the match progressed. And he was the only opponent to break him. But he needed to step in and take the initiative more. Instead Raonic was able to get back in.
Hope he'll have learnt from the match, and be more prepared when they next meet.

Oh well, as Tessie says above - onwards and upwards.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #67 on: October 06, 2012, 11:47 PM »

Too much analysis. Here's my take.

He's a tennis player. Sometimes, he'll lose a match.

Good posting! yes  You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Love how things are written differently:-

World number one Novak Djokovic saved two match points against Roger Federer for the second year running to win a thrilling US Open semi-final.

To

Andy Murray squandered two match points as he lost his Japan Open semi-final to Milos Raonic in three sets.

Surely it was the other way around confused

C'est la vie.

Looking forward to next week yes  Catch you there Andy! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #68 on: October 06, 2012, 11:51 PM »

He was 4-1 up in the final set and lost it - can't believe it. I hope it doesn't knock his emerging self belief. I saw him break the racket - these tennis players have got to stop doing that. These rackets cost hundreds of pounds and it shows real contempt for their suppliers and a shocking arrogance ie I'm so rich I can destroy a tennis racket worth hundreds of pounds in a temper tantrum. Very disappointing. Canadian did play well though.  

If the 'top man' does it, then they all are dontknow

Roger Federer’s unexpected violence
Such was Federer’s frustration during a defeat to Novak Djokovic in Miami in 2009 that Mr Smooth became Mr Angry, or even Raging Roger. He smashed the hell out of one of his rackets.

http://www.thetennisspace.com/top-10-smashed-mangled-broken-rackets/
[ Last edit by Bevc October 07, 2012, 12:05 AM ] IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #69 on: October 07, 2012, 12:34 AM »

]
Didn't andy beat him in 3 at USO. ?

I find it interesting that you didn't quote my whole message that contained the important reasons. Not sure if it was deliberate or not.

Some of the reasons for Andy winning at the USO are :

1. Andy had at least 1 days in between to rest and recharge his energy level
2. Andy had time to practice with someone with a similar style as Raonic, and talked strategy with Ivan to prepare on how best to play Raonic after Ivan scouting on Raonic previous match
3. Andy did not have to play Doubles and Singles the previous day.
4. Andy himself commented that his passing shots today are not as good as at the USO so Raonic was able to advance into the net more today. Now this may be related to the fact that his body is tired from Tokyo previous round matches less than 24 hours ago, as well as the accumulated impact on his body over a long Wim/Olympic/USO season.

I suddenly realised today that non GS tournaments where one has to play 5 matches in normally 6 days with a day break between the first and second round and then 3 consecutive matches from QF onwards is a totally different beast from GSs where one plays 7 matches over 2 weeks with at least one day in between to rest, practice & prepare. They are like chalk and cheese and can not be properly compared.
[ Last edit by Philip October 07, 2012, 12:40 AM ] IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 12:49 AM »

I see Andy's back's playing up again. Last May I honestly thought after the US Open he would call an end to the season like Nole last year as hopefully this would've let the problem heal in time for 2013.

Why is he even playing Tokyo if he can't sit down at changeovers?

The same as Basel last year. Sometimes his schedule is really feckin stupid.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #71 on: October 07, 2012, 07:11 AM »

Service Volley is back. His name is Raonic...

Nice to see this type of tennis back on court. I think Raonic will get soon a higher ranking, it's a good player.

I hate to see Andy is loosing, but Raonic did very well. Andy puts his aggression in shouting and other less working activities (throwing his racket is not a good think to do...) in stead of continuing his offensive and aggressive play.
Nice in tennis, there is always a new chance.....
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #72 on: October 07, 2012, 09:13 AM »

I see Andy's back's playing up again. Last May I honestly thought after the US Open he would call an end to the season like Nole last year as hopefully this would've let the problem heal in time for 2013.

Why is he even playing Tokyo if he can't sit down at changeovers?

The same as Basel last year. Sometimes his schedule is really feckin stupid.

I watched the whole match and didn't notice Andy wasn't sitting down at changeovers. Anyway, I'm sure Andy wanted to be in Japan to help Jamie to defend their doubles, his own title but he has sponsorship obligations (Rado) so I guess he was under pressure to turn up in Japan.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #73 on: October 07, 2012, 09:17 AM »

Raonic just been fed a tasty bagel by Emporor Nishikori. This makes up for Andy's defeat.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #74 on: October 07, 2012, 09:36 AM »

I think Nish would have beaten Andy playing like that anyway. He was just in the zone, in top-flight and Andy wasn't this tourny.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »