Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray shot down by The Missile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray shot down by The Missile

(Read 4701 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #75 on: October 07, 2012, 09:58 AM »

At first, I didn't want to watch the final. then, having just got up this morning, I found out that Kei had won the first set, which made me switch in. Then I had to witness Raonic breaking to win the second. I was already afraid that my predictions from yesterday would now come true. the more I am delighted about Kei's victory in front of his crowd. And how he did it was incredible. a bagel is something. Nearly every shot was working whereas Raonic's game was deteriorating. He couldn't maintain yesterday's standard. Bad for Andy that he was so much better then. So congratulations to Kei and on to Shanghai.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #76 on: October 07, 2012, 10:23 AM »

Raonic played his final yesterday.  I thought it would be very difficult for him to maintain that standard two days running.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #77 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16 AM »

I see Andy's back's playing up again. Last May I honestly thought after the US Open he would call an end to the season like Nole last year as hopefully this would've let the problem heal in time for 2013.

Why is he even playing Tokyo if he can't sit down at changeovers?

The same as Basel last year. Sometimes his schedule is really feckin stupid.

Sadly I agree with you. Needs proper treatment fast
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #78 on: October 07, 2012, 11:24 AM »

That's twice Andy has played Raonic on his last good day in a tournament.  Shame!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #79 on: October 07, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Seems Raonic puts everything into beating Andy and then implodes!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #80 on: October 07, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Sadly I agree with you. Needs proper treatment fast
Andy in his interview said his back is not a problem when he hasn't played for awhile he is stiff, but the more  he plays it loosens up. I know he is trying to strengthen the muscles etc in that area with his fitness work so that will help. Someone has said he is having cortisone injections before important matches. I'm sure this is not correct as he has a very good medical team and they wouldn't do anything that would do long lasting damage. He obviously needs to manage his problem but I would think it would be through fitness training, massage, accupuncture which his physio can administer, rather than continually going down the cortisone injection road.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #81 on: October 07, 2012, 11:48 AM »

Just like Young, Bogomolov, Rosol, Mahut & Chardy. Getting a scalp over Andy (plus other top players) and then not backing it up. That's what separates the top 4 from the rest, they're not immune to the odd defeats but in the big matches especially slams, the top guys will always turn up and best their best in best of 5.

Couldn't be happier that Kei won in front of his home crowd. Thought Raonic making references how great the sushi is in Japan during the trophy ceremony speech was a bit cringeworthy.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #82 on: October 07, 2012, 12:34 PM »

I have noticed so often that when Andy is beaten by someone much below him in ranking that player in turn gets beaten in the very next round. I'm still spitting nails but hoping for better things  in Shanghai
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #83 on: October 07, 2012, 01:09 PM »

Hi All,

I am delighted for Kei Nishikori. What a great win in front of his home crowd. I didn't intend to watch the match, but put the TV on towards the end of the first set and got hooked. I only just managed to get to church on time after the match, but never mind, it was worth it. I hope Raonic enjoyed his bagel, because I most certainly did. I could have kissed Kei for it. Credit where it is due too, he was brilliant in that third set. Raonic didn't seem to know what had hit him.....again.

I honestly think it puts Andy's loss in some perspective. I know Andy lost, and that is disappointing. However, he did have match points. That suggests to me that he is getting a grip on Raonic's game. I honestly feel that had he been a bit fresher, Andy would have taken the match points and we wouldn't have had anything to over think about. I really think that when it came to it yesterday, in those tight moments, Andy just didn't have that extra bit of 'something' to go to, that thing inside all the champions that demands a win no matter what. I think it was the moment for some reaction to winning the USO to come out, to be honest. It won't be the first time that a player has won a slam and then gone on to lose in the next tournament. I think we could actually give Andy some credit for getting in to the semi's.

I really believe that the next time Andy faces Raonic he has a great chance of coming through.
IP Logged
Tennisho
Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #84 on: October 07, 2012, 02:55 PM »

What's with old man Federer praising Murray in becoming # 1 late/early next year?  Fed should play and practice not predict future # 1's.  He knows he is toast so now he picks Murray to continue his reign!!!!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #85 on: October 07, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Apart from losing his serve when opening his account (although I can live with that, Andy is recognised as being a slow starter), the thing I found most regretable is that he was 4 -1 up in the 3rd and couldnt hold on, in order to win. Now that was a waste.
He has back problems and is jaded after a long (and mentally tiring) season, so we have to cut him some slack.
I was noticable he didn't come forward much, in contrast to Milos who placed himself in a very good position many times to return the ball during the rallies.

If he and Jamie hadnt had to defend their title, he may not have played doubles. There must be some pressure on him to fullfill obligations to RADO, major sponsors of Rakuten and Andy.

As for exhibiting his temper, this behaviour will never completely go away. It's part of his personality and is a coping mechanism. He explains this clearly, in his biograpy. He hates to make mistakes and cannot "forgive himself". He's much better now, Lendl "AD" than Lendl "BC". Someone else on here coined that phrase Smile
As JohnK says, we'd do better to expect and accept it, at least since he has improved a lot this year.

It seems his biggest wish is to do well at the WTF,  this could be the icing on the cake for his 2012. Just think if he were to win that Little tongue man

I'm really chuffed for Kei winning today, yay although I really thought he'd be the runner-up, what with Milos's size  (in contrast to Keis build) power and serving ability. I haven't seen the match, but I'll try to find it on Y-Tube. His style of play must have been the key to success today.  clap clap

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #86 on: October 07, 2012, 03:14 PM »

He looked tired to me yesterday several times. I dont think he has worked up the amazing stamina and endurance that Andy has had to work so hard for, for several years. Milos is young and still developing, but can rely on his giant-size to compensate, to a certain extent.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #87 on: October 07, 2012, 03:15 PM »

What's with old man Federer praising Murray in becoming # 1 late/early next year?  Fed should play and practice not predict future # 1's.  He knows he is toast so now he picks Murray to continue his reign!!!!

It could only be one of two things. It's either he really likes Andy as a player and feels he has the most complete game next to him and also, the right attitude to celebrate after a big win (USO) like him.

Or he's simply playing mind games as some important tournaments are coming up that he really wants to win and defend (Shanghai, Paris, Basel, WTF etc.) and he sees Andy as his main rival both in Shanghai and all Indoor tournaments.

Here's another possibility associated with the latter and that is, he likes Andy to take care of Nole as well so that either way he ends up staying at No. 1 at year end. Take your pick!

Keep in mind though that Federer is unable to think anything so noble unless he has something in it for him too. He's just not wired that way. lol
[ Last edit by Emma Jean October 07, 2012, 03:29 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #88 on: October 07, 2012, 03:28 PM »

Just like Young, Bogomolov, Rosol, Mahut & Chardy. Getting a scalp over Andy (plus other top players) and then not backing it up. That's what separates the top 4 from the rest, they're not immune to the odd defeats but in the big matches especially slams, the top guys will always turn up and best their best in best of 5.

Couldn't be happier that Kei won in front of his home crowd. Thought Raonic making references how great the sushi is in Japan during the trophy ceremony speech was a bit cringeworthy.

If I were Ranoic fan, I'd very disappointed. It had occurred to me and a long time ago that Raonic only lives to play top players and thrives on the idea and probably dreams about it a lot too. He seems especially keen on Andy. If I were his coach I would have definitely told him to stay focused on what's more important and that is to win the title instead of just taking one important player out and making it look as if, he's achieved something so great that it will be now talked for years to come. He just wants to be a top player without doing the hard work and kind of lives on that delusional state every time he gives a top player some hard time. He seems so off course that it's kind of annoying. Frankly, if he's that good and that devastating, then he should have been able to dismiss Tipsy in two straight sets, but instead, it went to final set TB.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #89 on: October 07, 2012, 03:55 PM »

@michelle
Yes but Andy never makes a fuss. Remember the wrist injury he picked up in America a couple of years ago. We only found out about it months later.
Unfortunately I do think there's something up with his back.
I believe he actually had treatment during a match, unheard of for Andy and as craighateslife pointed out didn't sit down during latter of the match with Raonic.
He was also grumpy and irritable during that match and I feel, because of the enormous strides he's made lately, that pain could likely be the cause.
I know we all over-worry about Andy and I really hope I'm wrong. thumb up
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »